News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Small Questions

Started by snapster, October 22, 2014, 08:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snapster

For some reason I got the impression the two can go together. The hunting cabin taking up space isn't an issue. The trees and the human presence and action interfering with the deer is. We'll see.

snapster

What's the circle of the market? The area it serves or the area its vendors supply from?

So, to confirm, a trading post can have no traders and boats would still stop by? Although I guess I am being cheap...

irrelevant

Quote from: snapster on October 25, 2014, 12:51:48 PM
For some reason I got the impression the two can go together. The hunting cabin taking up space isn't an issue. The trees and the human presence and action interfering with the deer is. We'll see.
Deer don't seem to care much about human presence one way or another; these guys have been walking back and forth through here every year or so since the beginning. There are other herds moving through built-up areas as well.

irrelevant

Quote from: snapster on October 25, 2014, 01:18:38 PM
What's the circle of the market? The area it serves or the area its vendors supply from?

So, to confirm, a trading post can have no traders and boats would still stop by? Although I guess I am being cheap...
The best we can figure out is, a consumer sited in the circle will always go to the market for resources, regardless of whether there may be other, nearer supply sources. Vendors will go anywhere on the map to get something to stock in their market, if there is none anywhere closer.

TP can have no traders and boats will stop. The TP has to have traders for any goods to move in or out of the TP though.

snapster

Are herbs ineffective without a visit to a working herbalist with them?

By the way, I'm somehow surviving virtually without laborers. Workers do appear to be carrying at least some of the food they're producing.

Why does the seed merchant not want my herbs?  :-\

salamander

Quote from: snapster on October 25, 2014, 02:16:32 PM
Are herbs ineffective without a visit to a working herbalist with them?

By the way, I'm somehow surviving virtually without laborers. Workers do appear to be carrying at least some of the food they're producing.

Why does the seed merchant not want my herbs?  :-\

That's right about the herbs.  Townsfolk will pick up herbs wherever they're being stored and then carry them to an herbalist hut with at least herbalist assigned to get healed.

Different types of merchants will only accept certain goods in trade.  Seed merchants just won't accept herbs for seeds.

snapster

Is there such a thing as a market for logs, stone, iron, and coal?

irrelevant

Quote from: snapster on October 25, 2014, 05:32:20 PM
Is there such a thing as a market for logs, stone, iron, and coal?
A market will stock some logs, iron, and coal. Enough to support one blacksmith fronted on the market, making steel tools. Of course, in my example, he's run out of coal. ::) I'm just not making enough, there's only 4 miners. If there were hundreds of coal lying around, this market would probably have 50-100 coal.

The only things a market won't stock are stone and ale.

snapster

Or like a reverse market that stocks stock piles and redistributes resources.

You know, I don't think my plan of putting my houses in a central place and building around is a good idea.

With those neat and tidy clumps of everything you'd be horrified to see screen shots of my 70 person thing.

snapster

And then there's the sitting duck. It actually misses a gatherer place and the herbalist a little further up. **** that fits happens accidentally, by the way. Like a column of houses by the market, which I figure would be useless or badly positioned now.

irrelevant

LOL! Yeah, if you have disasters on, you might want to build a well in there someplace in that cluster above the market. Looks good, though. For a n00b ;) ;D

If you have any extra guys at all, why not plop down a couple of farms there near the market? Grow wheat or corn if you have the seeds. Farmers will store their crop in the market just like it was a barn.

Farms are great; It's like free food. If it's in the way of something you want to do, as soon as the harvest is done you demolish it and it's gone instantly.

snapster

What about that creek being right there? I've been waiting to acquire seeds or animals but they are too expensive.

Good thing there isn't unemployment in this game.

Wow! The well fit perfectly above the market to the left. *facepalm* Speaking of which, what's the well ratio?

Much of what I had available for trade I'm about to trade for two chickens. Adam and Eve. Hopefully not Adam and Jeff.

salamander

Not sure what you mean by well ratio, but if you're thinking there's a limit to the number of houses a well can service, there's not.  The well is just a source of water that bannies can use to fight fires.  More important is how close the well is to fire since several trips back and forth are needed.  Also, if you have a river or lake nearby, water to fight fires can be drawn from there.

irrelevant

Did you start on hard? If you didn't you already have two crop seeds and an orchard seed. Just put a farm down someplace where it's clear, and you can see what crop seeds you have.

snapster

I'm playing on hard. What about the ratio of herdsmen to animals? Does it vary? Do pastures also contain varying numbers of different animals?