News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Technical questions

Started by assobanana76, May 14, 2015, 04:01:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

when you do a mouse over the icon it should tell you what is the shortcut :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

assobanana76

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 10, 2015, 08:01:32 AM
when you do a mouse over the icon it should tell you what is the shortcut :)

:o  :-X  ;D
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

A Nonny Moose

if you are in Windows, you should be able to minimize it to the task bar.  However you have to be in windowed (not full screen) mode.  The minimize button is there and works like any window.  Just tested this, and it is fine.  (I am on Ubuntu with wine running under X-windows with directx 9.0c but the game thinks I am on Windoze.)

Go into Options and turn off full screen.  Press Apply, then OK, then Resume.  You'll find you are now in a window, and can use the minimize button to drop the window and return with the game running OK.  You can either run in this state or you can reverse the instructions to get back to full screen.

Looking at the Input Options it appears that function keys 10 through 12 are available, so I suppose something could be done, but I believe that if you are running with STEAM, these are also used up.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

assobanana76

Quote from: A Nonny Moose on September 10, 2015, 08:17:09 AM
if you are in Windows, you should be able to minimize it to the task bar.  However you have to be in windowed (not full screen) mode.  The minimize button is there and works like any window.  Just tested this, and it is fine.  (I am on Ubuntu with wine running under X-windows with directx 9.0c but the game thinks I am on Windoze.)

Go into Options and turn off full screen.  Press Apply, then OK, then Resume.  You'll find you are now in a window, and can use the minimize button to drop the window and return with the game running OK.  You can either run in this state or you can reverse the instructions to get back to full screen.

Looking at the Input Options it appears that function keys 10 through 12 are available, so I suppose something could be done, but I believe that if you are running with STEAM, these are also used up.

it seems that my problems of continuous crash have appeared since I removed the full screen to watch some tv series!  >:(
maybe it is not connected .. but the first signs of crash I got them by clicking F11 and F12 to make screenshots with and without UI.  >:(

especially my question was about the only window of the professions (the one that takes up more space) .. I was wondering if there is a shortcut key to make it appear / disappear but, as says Red, probably there is and I'll find out approaching the mouse on the icon.
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Gordon Dry

I wind this up and also request a mod that makes it possible to save the window positions once placed.
Because you have to place the windows every time you start a new game.
Could be CTRL + F to store the setup and 'F' to toggle on / off, while 'on' is the loaded setup.
But - yes, indeed - I doubt that the modding API lets us do this...

assobanana76

I have not been able to verify the shortcuts related to this option .. hope soon ..

assobanana76

technical (and maybe stupid) question..
but if I put a forester in a zone fill of rocks who cut the rocks for to plant the trees?
forester or labourer?  ???

Nilla

The foresters will do this unless you assign laborers for this work. But with the foresters it will take some time. I think it work like this: if a forester wants to plant a tree on a spot where there is a rock, he will cut it away.

assobanana76

I thought it could replace the work of gathering stones initial but then I do not think is enough ..
I can not wait that he cleanse all its area, providing the necessary amount of rocks / iron.
thanks

Paeng

Besides - if a Forester's circle is full of rocks and iron, the efficiency of the Forester goes seriously down (you get a lot less logs)...
So normally you want to send some laborers in to help clean that circle...  :)

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

rkelly17

Quote from: Paeng on September 16, 2015, 05:26:23 AM
Besides - if a Forester's circle is full of rocks and iron, the efficiency of the Forester goes seriously down (you get a lot less logs)...
So normally you want to send some laborers in to help clean that circle...  :)

Isn't that the truth. When I set up a circle I set the forester to plant only and clear stones and iron with laborers. When the circle is thick with trees I change to plant and cut and the foresters stick to business. That keeps the gatherers happy, too.

irrelevant

I always leave it to my foresters to harvest the iron and stone in their circle. Laborers have more important fish to fry, like storing the food produced by the gatherers, and the logs, stone, and iron produced by the foresters.

Yes, it takes some time, 4-5 years to get 90% of the rocks out. I'm not in any hurry. ;)

A Nonny Moose

I am with @rkelly17 on this.  I generally mark everything in the forester's circle (actually a square) for removal by the labour force.  If I am lucky, this happens before the foresters station is built.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

Pangaea

I tend to do that too, remove the lot, particularly if it's close to 'home'. I need that stone, especially if I choose to build stone houses from the beginning...

Not sure why so many build a forester and then let him only plant trees. I always short on manpower (and girlpower) in the beginning, so will only have a few available people as labourers/builders. Maybe just one person for forester, and I want him to chop trees for sure.

Unfortunately the game doesn't work on my end, though, it just keeps crashing. Buhuu. :'(

Nilla

I'm sorry for you @Pangaea. I can't help a bit! I have no Linux experience.

I do a little of everything, when it comes to foresters. It depends on the starting conditions and what I want to do. If I need stones or iron fast, I let laborers get them. If it's not so desperately needed, I let the forester collect them. If I want to expand in one direction, I often start with a forester, who also collects the rocks in his circle.

If I for some reason want a forester in an area that's not full of trees, I let him plant only for a while. Often I needed the trees fast at the beginning, so I let the laborers cut them. I'm sure it pays long term, even if he doesn't produce anything a short time. If there are enough big trees in the forest circle, I let him cut and plant.

I make it differently. I can't say what's the best thing to do generally. It depends on many things. That's the good thing. Maybe that's a part of the reason, that I still like to play Banished after all this time.