Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Forum Challenge #2: 500 Farmers

Started by solarscreen, June 10, 2014, 06:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobbi

Picture of cat choosing seed required  :D

mariesalias

I love cats and have since I was a little girl! They tend to seek me out too, if I enter a building with a cat i it. Unfortunately I am so allergic to them, they could kill me if I were not careful. :(

We can't have dogs either, because my older son is allergic to them.

So we have fish....  Not the same, at all.

RedKetchup

alright, i m gonna push people ^^ with an update soon in couple of hours :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

Alright Guys. I'm introducing you my City for this 500 farmers challenge :)
this is not my final word and i m not classifying it as final :)

i introduce you : Farm City :)

Farm City is placed in a nice Large Valley (with a seed of 487411)

The valley is filled with 3 nice lakes , a big river from north to South, many little rivers, and tons of nice grassy plains.

Every thing has a beginning, so Farm City started right here by the lake :)
The barn which is the northest and closest of the lake is my starting barn and the stockpile next to it is the stockpile i started with :)
so i started to put some crops... and some buildings... and i expanded it a bit toward the South and made a 2nd row of crops and houses.

My population was starting grow fast and got access to more different crops and livestocks, i made my first big expansion toward the South, up down to the river
i took that opportunity to start also some orchards seeds i bought :)
it was a huge piece of grassy plain and i filled it. unfortunatly, i wished to add more crop in that valley, livestocks took a good part of it.

This next part which is just west of the last one was in fact, at the begining, part of my big forest zone. I m calling that forest : The living Forest but i ll retalk of it later.
This little South part of the forest has been reconverted lately to farming. It was a good addition cause it was just next on my little downtown i had there.
you can see also some barns recently added and in construction.
And it was also just next of all the South corner of the map which i used all inches of it :)

There was an island South of it and between some little rivers, that zone finally became a good part of my farming progress.
it was a little island but i ve been able to get the most of it. i seeded many crops and also alot of orchards. it was a good fertile soil :)

Since there were all good foods nearby, and the zone in the very corner was very narrow, i still used it all.
i needed some stones too so it was a very good place, far from the city to put it there, i needed also alot of population in that spot to fill the jobs.

I really used all the South, every inch of it. everywhere i could put an house or a fishing dock , i was doing it :)
the next 5 pictures will show you that. i managed to put some orchards and another little downtown :)

we will follow the South border and going to the east. up to the southeast corner. Again some more crops and orchards :)
and some houses filling the narrow South hehe

Here we have a little nice valley between mountains where i successfully added another 15 crops :)

There was a good valley there where i ve put like 18 crops and 16 orchards. i was seeing my farmers numbers not going up fast enough so i started to push it.
And that little zone in the corner was nice for it.

I used all the South east corner for every orchards i could. i added another 13 orchards :)

Next incomming : We are going north. in 30-60mins ^^

RedKetchup

Farm City - Part 2 : We are going north my son !

to filled the southeast corner i decided to make a copy of all my pastures and added many mines cause my population was going up fast and got alot of unemployment ^^

Since this challenge is about farming ... i added another 35 crops hehe and some other orchards seeds :)

This part in fact was my 2nd expansion (after have gone South and took the big zone up to the river). i landed here , the other side of the river.
As you can see, at the begining i was really too soft to add alot of crops: only 8.
But before i gone to the southeast corner... i added a tons , a big tons of orchards with some new seeds i bought. ive put too many houses there, really too many ^^.

i did that little narrow spot between mountains right after. a couple of crops and a mine (long time depleted ^^).

And then we are going east, and northeast. following the little path between mountains till i met a big lake.
i used it mostly for orchards at first (as you can see, there were way less houses - i ve done that after the South part of the map^^)

Going north, we are still strucked between mountains. added some crops :)

There i met the big northeast lake. but i was still seeing a path going east of it, so i continued to throw seeds everywhere :)

I finally kinda met a dead-end in there :) i finished the path with some orchards :)

Comming soon : Part 3 : The Long Run. in 30-60mins again ^^

RedKetchup

Farm City - Part 3 : The Long Run.

Since i had to start farming a new zone... and i didnt want to touch my Living Forest to the West ... i decided to go directly North, center north of the map.
But it was tricky. The center zone was kinda difficult cause it was a very long narrow path between the Big Lake and the Big River.
and also, i was starting to get some lag and some ... freezing issues. and also some .... disallowed laborer bug.
So i started to make some roads going there with couple of houses to push people going to work there.

i founded a little 'rich people' isle. The most rich people of Farm City have a summertime house in here :)
the view on the Big Lake and the River is beautiful from here :)

I m calling this north part : The Costly North. it was so hard to make it build. nobody wanted to work in there and took like 3-4 years for starting to see something being built. i tried to bring alot of people living there so i can get some workers. i needed alot. so i did a downtown, many barns and crops for food.
And once it was starting to seed, the farmers were always going back to town cause ... need to find a new tool :P so i ve got to try to push some tools in there.

Here i did a row of every single seeds in the game hehe. To try to resolve a bit the problems of rarity in this area, i started a trading post. but for the moment , i cant get nothing to sell. the traders refuse to go to town to pickup things to sell :(, so it s closed for the moment.

I used all that side of the river beach to try to get some foods to eventually sell one day. and i lay down some bridges for the last zone in the northeast corner (which will be incomming in the next days and it s there where i will be working next.

Farm City - part 4 : The Living forest.

Now i ll be talking about my Living Forest. To the west lies a big forest zone. It is there comes all my forest Industries, gatherers, hunters, foresters, and ... herbalists.
I want to try to not touch it. This forest are the lungs of my city.
This is the very South part where were the barns in progress (if you remember them^^)

It is a big thick forest. you can see alot of forest building and still very healthy.
and you can also see many woodcutters, you need alot of firewood for a such big population.

You can see it s a very big forest :)

And i dont even use all of it. Alot of little zone all north and all west of it i didnt even explored :) i ll use them at the end to add some more farms and crops.
Cause probably people will try to beat the number of them, so i need to continue to get more ^^
This map isnt finished yet! :)

Farm City - part 5 : The numbers.

Like I said, these numbers arent set. more to come :)

I have 680 farmers so far :)

Townhall Tab 1 and 2 , and 2 over 100 years stats :

my numbers are still good - still healthy town

I produce 7.3 M food so far ^^

i wish those numbers are biggers, but meh, the important is pass the summer till the harvests :)

As you can see on the 100 years pop graph... never got any nomads requests in this city :S

And of course, i have all the patterns :)

It is there i am.
New update soon, near the end of the challenge :)

irrelevant

@RedKetchup  This is really beautiful and amazing. I think I'll get to 500, but no way I can match this work of art. :)

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on June 24, 2014, 09:55:19 AM
@rkelly17: You mean these assumptions?  *grin*

Yes, those would be the assumptions. I have to admit, most of my close human friends are more like cats than like dogs. I like people who have good reason to be arrogant. That will probably get me in trouble with someone.

rkelly17

@RedKetchup, 680 farmers? Seriously? Man, I was feeling good because I finally cracked 400 last night. Can't imagine I'll ever get 680. And, as @irrelevant says, the city is beautiful, too. I especially like your huge forest area and the lake side cottages for the more prosperous folk.

RedKetchup

yeah it is really beautiful :) i tried to put alot of time on the design. all farms, all crops and all orchards have the 'default' number of farmer allowed. nowhere i tried to secretly add 1 or 2 farmer, no. it s all by default. when i ll put the .sav people will be able to verify. at begining i even planned to do it with all 1 farmer only on each, but with time, and with lag.... the farmers were finding all the excuse to not do their jobs and not even get 25% of potential food. i ve got to put the default number allowed by the game.

it is 680 farmers in 457 locations. (457 crops/orchards)

but i still feel so insecure. there is only 150k food in stock. even if i produced 217k last season... they still eat 205k food per year. thats scary. i had 3-4 very bad temperature years in a row, i had 350k reserve before. if i get another 1 or 2 bad year again ... everything will drop and fall into a cursed spiral down. last expansion costed alot. took 2-3 years to build, bad frosts in same time ....
starting to get alot of empty barns. i dunno if you noticed it. i have NO market at all. 0 market. i ll need to fix some things here and there.

slink

@RedKetchup: Nobody cares whether or not you "secretly added" more farmers to your farms than the default number.  As I pointed out, it is easy enough to redefine your farms so that the default number of farmers per plot consumes all of your laborers with the same output of food.  ;)

RedKetchup

anyways it gives nothing to add more than the default, they go afk and they dont work (only if someone else gone afk) and this is why i kinda hate 15x15 a bit. always 1 never never work, if they go work it s cause 1 left. they play the musical AFK chair.

i said it just cause i wanted it stated.
like my 0 market :)

salamander

Oh, yeah ... "I'm using only the default number of farmers and I have 680 farmers total."  You really don't care about everyone else's feelings do you?  You really don't care about those who have loaded up farmers in farms and still only have 1/3 of what you have, do you?  I'm guessing you have some secret 'pipeline' to your citizens ... they do exactly what you want.

BTW: everything above is:  :)  :)  :).  Nice town, and good luck in the challenge!

RedKetchup

Quote from: salamander on June 25, 2014, 12:54:37 PM
You really don't care about everyone else's feelings do you?  You really don't care about those who have loaded up farmers in farms and still only have 1/3 of what you have, do you?

euh ... why are you insulting me ? what i did to you ?

you want me to stop participating to the challenges ? or even posting ?
alright i m out of the challenge. good luck

and i ll be silent.

salamander

@RedKetchup -- OMG, I'm sorry.  I thought you would see the last line of my post and know I was kidding you.  In no way, shape or form do I want to see you stop posting, or participating in the challenges.  You seem to be ruling this challenge, and I'm happy to see that you are.

Again, I apologize.