News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Botanical Garden WIP

Started by kid1293, July 06, 2017, 07:47:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

next BARTENEDER will figure out how to have moving windmills.

The Pilgrim

I agree with @elemental   I nominate @Bartender for demigod status

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on July 10, 2017, 04:50:15 PM

or lighthouse light ? :D
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

elemental

What about animal animations? @RedKetchup , do you know how to do those? I know you made some cows but I'm not sure if you animated them or if shock or someone else did it. Maybe @Bartender could take a look at that?

(I know it's bad... he gives us nice things and we keep asking for more. The curse of the genius.  :) )

embx61

The cows were made by Shock and I think Shock was able to change them so they work in Banished from a paid mesh.

However most paid for meshes don't work with banished as Luke does something different then the "standard" of doing animations.

I bought a mesh too a good while back for study but it brought me nowhere.
Animations is a thing all by itself in 3d modelling software and it take a long time to learn that.

I finally send the files to kralyerg so Shock could take a look but never received answer.
I guess Shock could not make that mesh working either.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

elemental

They have both been very quiet for ages. They might not be interested in Banished modding anymore.

ancientmuse

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 10, 2017, 03:13:23 PM
but if we put transparent glasses in the housing....
we will need to put floors ...  interior walls ...  furniture ...  curtains ... LOL

Ha ha, you make a good point.

With clear glass windows, we'd be able to see inside the ugly houses that have no furniture or floors or carpets or wallpaper....

*snicker snicker*

RedKetchup

the cow mesh was me who bought it with some of the donations...
and yeah , Shock got to delete the "bones" and redoing it completly. so i paid like for nothing out of the fact that is Shock who did the big part of the work.

i wish so much if i would able to learn how to do, and know exactly what it really need to be done to be compatible with banished.

everyone are super good at something.... and me i am just not too bad at almost everything lol  :'(
i wish there is a domain i would be the master or the demigod lol

embx61

Don't talk yourself down Red.

You are a awesome good modder and I learned so much from you.
Look at all the mods you pumped out over the last 2 - 21/2 years.

People love your Mods and they are downloaded and played with a lot and players still play them a lot. :)

The thing is, there is always someone who spent a lot of time to figure something new out.

Those srls files are not for me either so I not look much into them.
Lets be happy some other modders look at that stuff and figure something out with them so we all benefit from it.

We all learn from each other one way or the other.

When I came on WoB I did not know a thing about 3d modelling and you guided me through it.

It was slink, Cossacks, Black liquid, and you at the start together with a few more who are all gone by now like ragingnonsense, Owlsomething.

Then I started to pick it up slowly and had fun with it, and then came Kid, Necora, Tom Sawyer, Discrepancy, Tany, Bartender, Despo_20.

I think how we share our meshes, code, helping each other makes WoB so wonderful.

I said it before, Black Liquid is maybe a real Team in the sense of words but we are a team too, and a good one at that :)
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

elemental

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 10, 2017, 08:57:11 PM

i wish there is a domain i would be the master or the demigod lol

Well you may not have invented moving water or glass but you have given us canals and greenhouses. And a ton of other stuff as well. You know we all appreciate it.  :)

RedKetchup

for sure people use my stuff :)
they are still well done but not like a real professional ^^
they are just good. with a dot at the end of the sentence :)

i am "good - to - not bad" at everything  hehe
i still invented the Graphic Overlap Technology ™

but i am not "super" good ^^
lol

i tried 4-5 time to check to try to learn how to make animated animal....
each time was painful and didnt even able to really start something :(

kid1293

Just a small status update.
Will remake the Herb Garden (because I want to, don't hit me)
and another small thing, then testing begins.

Abandoned

tsk, tsk, tsk, Mr. @RedKetchup must I remind you again?  Where do I begin, old seedling greenhouse, colorful little 2 story house, red looking creamery, old bakery, blacksmith, tailor, with 2nd floor residence, old hunter with residence, Choo Choo, and those are just the small mods,  the list goes on and on.  Those are all pretty super to me. 

Pushes @kid1293 off his chair away from his computer before he changes herb garden.

kid1293

Just a tiny change? I want to move the walls a little bit for that extra I do not want to talk about, but you have guessed it anyway ?, it will probably look almost the same...

... fell off the chair.

Bartender

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 10, 2017, 05:33:19 PM
Quote from: brads3 on July 10, 2017, 04:50:15 PM

or lighthouse light ? :D
Quote from: elemental on July 10, 2017, 06:40:04 PM
What about animal animations? @RedKetchup , do you know how to do those? I know you made some cows but I'm not sure if you animated them or if shock or someone else did it. Maybe @Bartender could take a look at that?

(I know it's bad... he gives us nice things and we keep asking for more. The curse of the genius.  :) )

Haha, I'm afraid that animated buildings and adding lights into the game is definitely beyond the capabilities of both me and the modkit :P..

Now being able to do animations for animals is something I'd really like, but so far I haven't been able to figure it out. Like Red, I've tried it quite a few times, mainly on trees, but for some reason it's just not working no matter how I try it. I find it quite a shame that Mr. Shock has never really shared his secret in a way that others are able to reproduce it. Now that he is no longer active there's nobody that can do it, and the knowledge is simply lost.. This is the main reason why I always share what I find ;).