Started by RedKetchup, February 03, 2018, 11:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

thats a nasty super bad bug :( totally irrational :(

1 on 2 or 1 time per 2-3 games, no logical and irrational :(
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

smurphys7

Am I the only one who gets it?  Is it on my end?  I lucked out and the first few towns I made worked fine.  I got the bug and tried to reproduce it and that was the results.

RedKetchup

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 03, 2018, 01:33:38 AM
thats a nasty super bad bug :( totally irrational :(

1 on 2 or 1 time per 2-3 games, no logical and irrational :(

the profession window is controlled by the Template/UtilityProfessions.rsc file. i didnt even edited it and it is not in my mod folders :(
the only i did, i changed the priority numbers of the professions.

RedKetchup

Quote from: smurphys7 on April 03, 2018, 01:41:09 AM
Am I the only one who gets it?  Is it on my end?  I lucked out and the first few towns I made worked fine.  I got the bug and tried to reproduce it and that was the results.

no it did same from my PC. 1 game ok, 1 game crash, 1 game ok, 1 game crash. the exact same thing you did.

RedKetchup

i am taking out the Game/Profession/Profession.rsc (and will lose the alphabetical order i gave...) and recompiling a Beta 12c.
and will see later

smurphys7

Damn, I was hoping it was on my end. :(  Yeah, does not sound like a fun bug to figure out.

RedKetchup

thats a stupid non-sense bug. it cant be something happening once every 2 , thats irrational.

uploading quickly a Beta 12c.zip i ll give the link asap it is done uploaded

RedKetchup

New Beta 12c.zip available:

Bugfixes Beta 12c :
fixed an irrationnal bug on the profession window which cause causing a crash exactly every 2 games. I deleted for the moment the override of the alphabetical order of the professions.

Enjoy !!

Nilla

Can my irrational crash have something to do with this? It didn´t happen agin.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on April 03, 2018, 02:09:36 AM
Can my irrational crash have something to do with this? It didn´t happen agin.

i really dunno. it happended since the day i tried to put minimize icon on everything. it is acting like a virus is messing with the mod compile but... i know there isnt any virus... just talking about the "behavior" the mod has now.

if i had a copy of the code of every.. .beta build... i would revert it back :( but of course thats a big problem i have, i never do saves or copies :(

Nilla

Hm, maybe better to take that minimize button away. It's sometimes handy, but not really important.

By the way, I tried to minimize the TP as the merchant was in the dock and as he was arriving but no more crash.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on April 03, 2018, 02:17:32 AM
Hm, maybe better to take that minimize button away. It's sometimes handy, but not really important.

By the way, I tried to minimize the TP as the merchant was in the dock and as he was arriving but no more crash.

try to note it and give me the buildings it happends so i can redo those bad clowns

Nilla

No worries, I´ll always tell when something "not normal" happens. I wanted to write about one weird thing in my blog later (I can´t imagen that it has anything to do with your mod but I´ll tell anyway);some Bannis "got lost" and starved to death. I have seen this happen to 1 or 2, but this time it was at least 15 people lost on the wrong side of a stream. (not newly arrived nomads)

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on April 03, 2018, 02:23:59 AM
No worries, I´ll always tell when something "not normal" happens. I wanted to write about one weird thing in my blog later (I can´t imagen that it has anything to do with your mod but I´ll tell anyway);some Bannis "got lost" and starved to death. I have seen this happen to 1 or 2, but this time it was at least 15 people lost on the wrong side of a stream. (not newly arrived nomads)

maybe you've asked to chop down some resources the other side by inadvertence ?

Nilla

That was my thought, too. But first, it's quite far away from the settlement, and hardly room for mistakes there. Sometimes, if you mark one tree on the wrong side of the river, one or two may get lost somewhere, but this time it was about 15 people and I also looked everywhere for possible marked trees and found nothing. So I have no idea what caused this.