Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RKEditorChoice BETA13 open

Started by RedKetchup, February 03, 2018, 11:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 02, 2018, 11:50:40 AM
Quote from: Goblin Girl on June 02, 2018, 11:42:59 AM
So if it were above, it would increase copper ore harvested, even though that's not in CC?  The ways of mods are mysterious to me, truly.
i have no idea if copper is included in that CC mod. i would need to ask @kralyerg
if it is included, it will. if it is inexistent in that mod, it wont.

just got an answers from K :
QuoteNo, just the basics.  Stone, Wood, Iron, Iron Ore.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Goblin Girl

Voeille

Which of the buildings/features you listed aren't available separately? Do you have any plans to release them separately like you did with the carts? I like to pick and choose instead of having one big mod, especially given that I like having plenty of different mods enabled at the same time :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: Voeille on June 02, 2018, 07:02:17 PM
Which of the buildings/features you listed aren't available separately? Do you have any plans to release them separately like you did with the carts? I like to pick and choose instead of having one big mod, especially given that I like having plenty of different mods enabled at the same time :)

mostly all the relook vanilla buildings and some added chains like gem cutter, jewel maker, malt house, etc...

Goblin Girl

I would love to have the gem cutter/jewelry maker chain available separately. Pretty please?

galensgranny

It would be great to have your stone houses and shops/market buildings that fit under your multi-level houses as separates too.  Those are wonderful, basic items that I think everyone should be able to use, even with old, slow, weak computers.  Also, some times a person would still like to have the vanilla houses too, but your RK EC replaces those buildings.

Voeille

I would like the taverns too :) In general, if there's a new building/crop/etc. that isn't already available as a separate mod, I'd really appreciate if you released those separately one day :)

kid1293

This not directed at you @Voeille !!!

I just want to add my feelings about making a huge effort like @RedKetchup is doing.
He is making something compatible and something which will keep you occupied for years.

Why do you want him to break it apart?

I admit, I like small mods but I can see the benefits of having all in one place.
I think resource management, saving in on textures and code. And updates!

If RK decides to release parts of Editor's Choice separately I will feel it is like Christmas!
Until then, why not test and listen to what he has to say with his mod?

Not flaming anyone! Just a modders perspective on things.

Voeille

I see your point. I'm just a fan of small mods and having choice. For example, I'd like the taverns, gemcutter etc., but I'd like to keep vanilla buildings as they are, and I want to keep CC starts. The biggest advantage of small mods is that I can decide exactly what I want. I don't like all the the stuff that is in CC either, I'd like to decide on a building base what to have (there are plenty of buildings I will never use). I was very hesitant to get CC, and I decided to use it for quite a weird reason – I wanted the Adam & Eve start and trees on mountains from Beautiful World. When I had just the Adam & Eve start as a separate mod, I didn't get the trees, so the only option left was CC + CC compatible version of Beautiful World. And those things are the reason I can't drop CC – I just can't play with barren mountains, however weird it sounds. I'd definitely appreciate if someone made a mod for just that (trees + Adam & Eve), but I don't think that's going to happen.

The point is, I want to pick and choose and adjust the game to my liking as much as possible, and I want to avoid the situation when I need to download a mod with 100 things in just because I want 2 things from it, like it happened with CC. I'm not insisting on anything, it's Red's decision to make those things separate or not, and I'll understand if he decides against it. But even if a single building is released separately one day, I'll be grateful.

rkelly17

Quote from: galensgranny on June 03, 2018, 06:42:00 AM
It would be great to have your stone houses and shops/market buildings that fit under your multi-level houses as separates too.  Those are wonderful, basic items that I think everyone should be able to use, even with old, slow, weak computers.  Also, some times a person would still like to have the vanilla houses too, but your RK EC replaces those buildings.

Aren't "underneath" shops available  in the older versions of Medieval buildings? Like version 2 or so? I'm pretty sure I've used them in various towns prior to the current collection. There was a time when several of us wanted market traders who weren't all in one big square. @RedKetchup was one of those who offered options and I'm pretty sure these are still out there in the Mods section. Red's were unique  in that they fit under upper story houses, the result of his pioneering multi-floor buildings. But they all worked alone, too.

RedKetchup

the main plot with this mod has shifted from "put everything i did i loved to most" to " make a complete immersion to give the feeling that a completly new game or Banished 2"

many things will stay inside RK Ed cause if i give too much liberty, nobody will use it. i can maybe later do a seperate standalone gem chain but not everything will be inside its own standalone.

the immersion of this mod is very important to me.
(immersion or immersive ? )

once it will be a live version, i will maybe offer a light version of it which the goal will be to get 50% - 60% of original size.

but there is already some standalone you can use: canals, crops, orchards, color fences, white fence, gardenwallls, creepy cemetary, colorful little house, boston house 1 , bostonhouses 2 , and certainly more that i forgot..... like peak's valley, forest center.....

galensgranny

Yes, @rkelly17 , the NMT 2.04 does have shops that go under coordinating buildings, but those shops don't fit under Red's newer NMT Multi-floor housing.  It's not the concept of any old shop under any old building as a kind of space saver, but the different looks as well.  Red's roof and wall textures are wonderful.  You can't get those sand bricks other than the new NMT Multi-floor housing.  I have taken a great liking to those sand bricks.  Plus the shops he has in RK EC are not really quite the same with how items are distributed per shop.

@kid1293 , Red's Editor's Choice mod is indeed wonderful, but it replaces buildings from the vanilla game, and sometimes I also would like to be able use some of the vanilla buildings.  The wood vanilla houses and other buildings match well with your new Cheese set, but if one has RK EC one can't make a town section nicely matching with your new Cheese set, which is something I was thinking to do. 

galensgranny

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 03, 2018, 09:35:52 AM
once it will be a live version, i will maybe offer a light version of it which the goal will be to get 50% - 60% of original size.
That will be great, because it already takes 20 minutes for my game to load, so a light version would be very helpful.  It needs your wonderful, marvelous stone houses for sure!  Those are one of my favorites of what you have made, in long list of my favorites of what you have made.

huyle

it would be great if RK makes the brown-roof multifloor house from NMT2.04 as a separate mod. a lot cheaper than the current NMT3.0 multifloor, i can afford it from the beginning. in NMT3.0 i have to build the vanilla house at the beginning, then replace it with the multifloor house later

galensgranny

Quote from: huyle on June 03, 2018, 10:02:20 AM
it would be great if RK makes the brown-roof multifloor house from NMT2.04 as a separate mod. a lot cheaper than the current NMT3.0 multifloor, i can afford it from the beginning. in NMT3.0 i have to build the vanilla house at the beginning, then replace it with the multifloor house later
I usually clear a section where I won't be wanting my desired town look and buildings, such as the NMT multi-floors, and then build a boarding house.  Then after I get enough resources, I can start planning and building my town with the buildings I finally really want.