News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Any thoughts on this ?

Started by RedKetchup, September 26, 2014, 01:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slink

I had a problem in the code, because the other stuff worked fine once I did that part over again.  All except for the smoke, which isn't coming out of the chimneys even though I went back in and edited them.  However, we know that there might be something strange about how 2015 version of the editor handles saves except for OBJ.

My files were named correctly to the ones in the editor, by the way.  I just hadn't numbered them in sequence the way you did.   :)  Thank you for explaining what the Repeat meant, and reassuring me that the files did not have to be numbered that way.  You encouraged me to start over with the tavern.rsc and work through it all again.

Now I just have to fix the smoke points.

RedKetchup

smoke point expl.:

in your template, do you have this:

ParticleDescription particle
{
PointList _pointList = "Models\CollegePoints.rsc";

ParticleAttachment _systems
[

{
Time _fadeInOutTime = 2.0;
bool _addOnCreate = false;
bool _addOnNotify = false;
Particle _particle = "ParticleSystems\Fire\FireLarge.rsc";
}
{
Particle _particle = "ParticleSystems\ChimneySmoke\ChimneySmoke.rsc";
String _attachNode = "smoke1";
}
]
}

very important to have the pointlist placed there. and do not name it smoke, use an number, like smoke1 smoke2 ... got some bugs at some point.

secundo:
if you want to move the smoke dummy box :
very important, ungroup and dismiss your group named 'points' and then move your dummy boxes
and when you are satisfied of their new placements : reselect all the dummies, create a new group called 'points'

NotaBene:
i always have to put the dummy box way more higher in the air than where is the chimney in reality, like 2m to 3m higher, you will see
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

slink

My smokes are named smoke1 and smoke2, and the smoke always comes out above and behind their placement.  I just made a completely new set of points, and the result was the same.

Code is:

ParticleDescription particle
{
PointList _pointList = "Models\SJGLBreweryPoints.rsc";

ParticleAttachment _systems
[
{
Time _fadeInOutTime = 2.0;
bool _addOnNotify = false;
Particle _particle = "ParticleSystems\Fire\FireMedium.rsc";
}
{
String _attachNode = "smoke1";
}
{
String _attachNode = "smoke2";
}
]
}

RedKetchup

delete your group named 'points' and move the dummys around till they are at the good place in the game, and then regroup them all and rename 'points'. dont delete all your dummys, just move them properly the good way. if you move them without deleting the grp 'points' you will ONLY move them in your 3ds screen without budging of an iota in the game.

slink

I reloaded from OBJ file and created all new dummies.  I never group them until I am ready to export.  I moved the smokes into place, but they came out in the exact same spot as before.  Am I supposed to be converting them to meshes and moving them with vertices?  *confused look*

RedKetchup

no. and you dont need to reload from obj for the dummies, only for your building at some point. surely there still something you dont do correctly, but i am not in your back, there in your room , behind you to see you going. you need to find it.

if you dont find it till tomm, send it to me and when i ll woke up i ll place them and send back, but just before packing for real.

did you fixed your footprint.png ?

slink

RedKetchup

the first part of Colorful Little Houses are available for Alpha testing :)

if some wanna test out :)

all the little house have been ... totally remade. new meshes.
(i had to do new real meshes not just empty cardboard boxes for the 2nd part of my genius plan)

Nilla

Will test dem in my next game. Always liked the design.

Testers, Please show us some picture.

RedKetchup

design still is about the same..... about same texture materials as .... chapel/silo , but with colorful roof. they are maybe more straight and less craggy it s cause my project in progress :)

slink

Two of them are missing footprints, the one with the black roof and the one with the deep red roof.

Edit: How to you get snow just on the roof and not on the walls?

RedKetchup

i dunno it always been that way . in fact, i cant figure out you can get snow on the walls and not on the roof ^^
mysteries  :-\

yeah my footprints arent done yet, they are only old dummys on the first 4, i extended it to 6 models, but forgot to extend the dummys too.

Bobbi

They look adorable in game. Thank you!!!!!  :-* :-* ;D

RedKetchup

:)

yeah i love them !

and if i succeed to do the 2nd part..... i ll love them 2x more :)

rkelly17

Dang you, @RedKetchup you keep coming up with new stuff I want to use and I have to keep starting new towns.  ;D