News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Nilla-Osborona; only one of each

Started by Nilla, May 24, 2017, 08:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on June 02, 2017, 03:33:23 AM

I have a question to you @RedKetchup; I thought about loading NMT (as you know, it's also an old favourite of mine) but I didn't really dared to. It's a 1.06 version. Would it make problem together with this 1.07 mods?

the only problem that can happends :

clay chain : if you do, i would suggest to use the clay chain 3.0 too ontop of NMT2.04. it fixes the limits and flags of bricks and clay.
but you need it only if you have another mod like CC which changed it. i cannot tell that flags of @Tom Sawyer though, i think he didnt updated for 1.0.7

so i think it is all good. 1.0.6 is fully operational with 1.0.6 till you dont change the material flags :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

Thanks, Red. I'll give it a try as my next mod. But I will play with the one I have a little bit longer.

And yes Brads, I think the orchards are immortal in CC but doesn't grow faster than any other trees. (or at least, they live 20-30 years without one dead tree)

I'm still testing a lot of production buildings. Like before; some are good, some are bad. I can't remember, that I've ever made tinned fruit before, as I've played CC. But this time I have very much cherries from my large orchards. So I started a test and yes; we can can cherries! Yes we can!  ;) It's even quite profitable, especially if you sell the product. But unfortunately you can't make jam from cherries, ??? I had to buy some apples to try the preservist. It's also OK, especially if you don't produce the bottles or the sugar yourself. Here are some more numbers:

Tin (Tin mine) : 6 D , the productivity is very low. I misunderstood the text, that says; "upgrade the mine for significant more production". I thought it would produce faster, but it looks like it only contains more material
Copper (copper mine) 6E  even worse than the tin mine. I did upgrade this one, too but just so that I could demolish it.
Bread (DS, Bryggen bakery) 0,6 D
Bannocks (DS Bryggen bakery) 0,75 C (but it makes hardtack !) ???
Tinned fruit 2,25 A
Sugar (cane) 0,57 E
Tobacco 0,33 E
Fruit Jam 1,8 B
Silk cocoon 3 D
Cured leather 6C
Silk 2 B

First picture

Year 45, 329 inhabitants. This is my messy industrial area. It doesn't look nice but it works. It's built around the large stockpile and the large industrial store. Storage space is a small problem. I have to build different than usual. I like many small stockpiles and barns but I can only build each once, so this is the way it has to be!  :-\

Second picture

My harbour area under development. For the first time in this game, I produce less food than I use. I will increase the size of my fields. They could be built 30*30. I have no idea if such large fields work. Have anyone tried? How many farmers do you need on that one? Theoretically it could produce 6300 each year. But I'm not sure. It looked like 8 farmers on a ~20*20 field had some trouble. Unless I used the "cheaty" pick-up function, it didn't work well. Even then they have problems, to get everything in the barns before next spring. You can see it on the third picture from my farming area. When the fields grow bigger, I will need more farmers and they need more houses in this area.

Discrepancy

:) nice town.

Quote from: Nilla on June 02, 2017, 03:33:23 AM
I also have one question to you @Discrepancy; the name Bruggen? The model you showed us is from Bergen in Norway. Is it a mistake, your own name or do you plan to extend this mod with houses from Bruegge in Belgium; Bruggen a combination of Bruegge and Bergen? Bruegge is also an ancient town with medieval rowhouses, that would fit in Banished and in this mod, but a slightly different continental look. (first picture)
it should be Bryggen - the y does look like a u in some fonts. Bryggen (the dock), also known as Tyskebryggen is a series of Hanseatic commercial buildings lining the eastern side of the Vågen harbour in Bergen, Norway.

But thanks for the info and picture on Bruegge, maybe another style to eventually undertake.  ;)

QuoteI just saw something strange. I ordered the baker to make bannocks. He's also using the recipe for bannocks, flour and water but he makes..........hardtack. Hm..... a mind of his own! ???

:) yes that is normal behavior if you are playing with this mod under CC. It utilizes the same Resource file, but my mod changes the display name to bannocks.

brads3

i usually do 10x10 fields so have no info on 20x.if you figure out the pickup option it is suppose to be handy. i never seem to get very good results with it.
to me it doesn't help much.i guess if you had a early frost maybe it might.
    you say my tobacco is low but if i don't grow it how am i to smoke it? i don't want to run out.lol i like having mods that help. i have a few different ways to can that don't require the tin.
    i still have issues with processing food. the way i think  logically it should work is you get more out for the food you put in. so it should increase your food reserves.it seems to increase value. that doesn't help the banniies because 1 food is 1 rather it;s value is 1 or 5 makes no difference.i do process some but after i get a good amount stored.
    with the issues i have lately and your numbers,i wonder how much we can affect the production with mod orders.i haven't considered that before.
i use the oder for building style and functions.if the game works i go with it. i haven't looked up numbers from older mods and tried to use it to make the productions higher.i did see EB's oilpress make the sunflower crop overpowering on production before.

Nilla

Thank you @Discrepancy for explaining Bryggen. Stupid of me, I should have remembered the name of this old/rebuilt part of the town, I've been there several times.  :-[ Anyway, I like this mod very much! :)

QueryEverything

@Discrepancy & @Nilla that just started a wonderful little historical tour via google & wiki ;)  Wow ... 
What a way to spend Sunday morning, imagining sipping latte whilst peeking into these beautiful buildings and learning the history of them.  :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Abandoned

@Nilla , your waterfront area looks really nice with those new houses of Discrepancy's  :)

Nilla

Yes, @Abandoned they are great!

I went on playing a little bit more yesterday but I can see now, that I made no screenshots. I thought I did. It's a part of the fun writing this blog: go back to your screenshots and see what you made the day before. I will start the game and make some at the point where I stopped.

First picture

My huge fields and the rowhouse settlement for my farmers. I can't recommend to build such large fields, definitely not! You need a lot of farmers and still they don't do their job properly. I have 12-15 farmer assigned to each field but there are never more than a handfull there working at the same time. The rest I don't know what they are doing. That path tool somehow have a bug, it doesn't always show where people work/live.  :( It will soon be frost and there's still a lot of pumpkins and beetroots to be harvested. I just counted: 4 working farmers on the pumpkin field, 3 on the beetroot. Many of the people you can see are laborers, carrying the vegetables into the barns. At least, they are doing their job. :) Also in spring; the fields aren't done until summer. Your 10*10 fields make much more sense @brads3!

Second picture

I now have my first load order problem.  :( The White Swan from Kid's rowhousemod didn't want to produce any cider. It was only used as store, until I changed the load order and put the Raw House Production above CC. I hope this will not bring any new problems. If I remember it right, the White Swan used to produce more. Maybe not quite as much as a vanilla brewery but close to it. Have you changed any numbers @kid1293? Or is it still some compability problem?

I guess I will have to cut these weird looking birches hanging at the tunnel!  ;D
I think I also ought to close one or two of the water towers. The two bakers, who use DS recipe, don't seem to need that much water. I also should get rid of some whale blubber. I buy flour, have done it all the time. Lately I also was a bit short on proteins, so I've bought some milk.

I can't attach any screenshots. This happens now and then. I don't know it it's my internet connection or this web page. I'll post the text and will try to add the pictures later.

Abandoned

@Nilla what is that building with the circle of brickwork and wall around it?  It must be one of cc's I don't recall seeing.

Nilla

That building is a big storage. Very good to have on that spot! :)

kid1293

Quote from: Nilla on June 04, 2017, 08:20:01 AM
I now have my first load order problem.  :( The White Swan from Kid's rowhousemod didn't want to produce any cider. It was only used as store, until I changed the load order and put the Raw House Production above CC. I hope this will not bring any new problems. If I remember it right, the White Swan used to produce more. Maybe not quite as much as a vanilla brewery but close to it. Have you changed any numbers @kid1293? Or is it still some compability problem?

I have double checked. I didn't change anything in the pub.
I don't recall if CC also has cider. (I never use CC).

Nilla

Not much gaming time the past few days. My daughter who was in Australia the past year was visiting. But now she's left and I will relax with a bit more Banshed.

I have loaded NMT and the Garden Wall Utility to the game. I hope it will work!

No, @kid1293 , I don't think there's any cider in CC, at least I haven't seen any, but I haven't all buildings, so there might be some somewhere. I just started the game; The Swan produced 70 cider last year. As far as I remember it use to be 300-400. There is a "normal" brewery close and for some reason, ale often lands in the Swan. I guess it doesn't produce any cider, if there's ale in the store. The problem might be, that ale isn't consumed in the CC brewery. I will continue to keep an eye on it and maybe build another one in another location, where no ale brewery is close.

kid1293

@Nilla  300-400 is normal. I can't think of anything that is causing this.
Vanilla ingredients. Same numbers as ale.  ?

brads3

BUILD a lucury cellar between the 2 so they put the ale and cider in it.it will only take 1 square space. i don't remember troubles with it before as long as i had enough apples. i useually ship most of the cider. CC should have cider in a distillery i believe. i always used the swan cause yopu don't need the building materials to build it.

Nilla

First picture
The alcohol store might be a good idea @brads3. But I'm not so sure. The alcohol is transported to the ports fast anyway. You can see, there's more or less nothing in the stores. I've put alcohol in every port, just to get it out of the way, as fast as I can. But it brings no change: My first Swan still doesn't work well, but  my second, out in the farming area works rather normal. So, it's no compability problem. I've rather found another reason: Bad location! There are 3 breweries in that area. Even if I have a lot of cherries, they don't always get there fast enough for all of them. I've noticed, that it's not always cherries at the big market, and seldom any in that big store. I've tried to use a trading post to gather cherries into that area but 5000 cherries were fast gone. There are several smaller markets, from where it's closer to the big store, than to the area, where the cherries are produced. Somehow, the Swan seems to have a worse situation, than both the other breweries; 310 quay brewery, 490 vanilla, 40 Swan. I can't understand that large difference.

Second picture
I had the "funny" freeze bug". It's been a long time. For those who doesn't know it. Be happy! If you got it, it means, that everyone, and I do mean everyone from all over the map goes to one special building, to get warm. Like if it was the single spot on the whole big map warm enough. Those who are lucky, starts their journey towards this excellent warmth, close enough to get there, but everyone isn't that fortunate. Those who comes from far, freeze or starve to death. Nothing can stop people who has started these death marches. But if you can identify the "interesting spot" and set it to demolition, no one new will start to go there. In my case, it's one of these raw houses. It looks like the entrance is half blocked, close to the river. It might be such things, that causes this but I have had it in (to me) fully normal buildings as well.

Third picture
The NMT salter doesn't work with CC salt. The baker (!)(I've always loved this profession in your food process buildings @RedKetchup) just walk from the stockpile to the saltery and back, carrying 50 salt, but doesn't deliver.

I'm not sure, if I want to go on with this game. It doesn't really "catch me". It's easier than I thought. I have the 1000 inhabitants, I wanted from the start. I see no big problems for at least another 500. Maybe I'll just say goodbye.  :-\