News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Adriana's Library v 1.0 - Redketchup (Preview)

Started by RedKetchup, October 09, 2014, 04:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobbi

They all just had different opinions. I re-read the whole thread, I didn't see criticism, just differing opinions and suggestions, other than somebody thought chimney too fat right at the beginning. Just release the version YOU like best. I like them all.

Fellow Villager

red, don't know who said this to you, but i like them very much. if you release these houses i surely use it!

irrelevant

Quote from: Bobbi on October 11, 2014, 05:30:12 AM
They all just had different opinions. I re-read the whole thread, I didn't see criticism, just differing opinions and suggestions, other than somebody thought chimney too fat right at the beginning. Just release the version YOU like best. I like them all.
That's what I got, too. Just differing opinions, not much criticism at all really. Folks are never going to all agree on what is most attractive.

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 11, 2014, 05:24:43 AM
my cute little house ? nobody were satisfied of the draws i made, nobody liked the colors.... the textures.... while they were super cute and nice looking :(
everybody critictized those :S

Nooooooo! I loved those houses. I want them badly. Maybe I'm not not a bright green house kind of guy, but we NEED more house variety. If you release them I'll use them. I'm with @Bobbi and @irrelevant. We are a very opinionated group and (sometimes unfortunately) offer our opinions freely. We thought we were being helpful--though obviously not. If you release them we will build them.

And as to the notion of you retiring, well, that's your option and I wouldn't want to discourage you, but just to say that every settlement I build now has at least two or three of your mods in it. You are making the most useful mods from my point of view and I can't imagine building a town without a touch of the @RedKetchup style. I can hardly wait to get the library or whatever it becomes in a town.

RedKetchup

alright, i check that after i finished this monestary
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Yes, no early retirement for you, @RedKetchup ! Your stuff is too good for us to allow you to stop now.  ;D

slink

You can't please everyone, @RedKetchup, so you just gotta please yourself.  I think some famous person sang that, once.   ;D

Nilla

I love the small houses, too and will certainly build them!

It is true, I count to those who is not always saying, yippee........ greatest....... to everything, but when I say it, I really mean it.

I also say critical things. If I don´t like something or think, things could be better, I say it (as example, the first very red color of the roof from those small houses). But that is MY opinion, not the absolute truth! When it comes to opinions on what is beautiful, ugly, cute, magnificent................. we will all have our own, different opinions. And that is good so, otherwise it would be awfully dull.

In your creations, it is YOUR opinion that counts @RedKetchup! And so far, I am sure most people find it great. So as I do!

I can and will not say, if you should go on for ever, making new mods or retire tomorrow. It is your decision. Go on as long as it makes fun to you! But I can say, that I would be sad if you stop. It really makes fun to see what you are up to next and test your new creations.

By the way, I read that you are working on a monastery. That´s funny because I am trying to build one, not making a mod (I cannot do that) but using the original buildings and your mods (and 1 or 2 others). My thoughts are to show it in that beauty-contest. :)

RedKetchup

haha, bah this one you will probably love it, i ll try to do it so it works with the actual big church since such church were often linked to monasteries.
i wish to do kinda a pack with some building, you know there is the church already, you place a monastery side of it, and maybe a wine production building next to those building and maybe more... i dunno. like .... a domain. understanding what i try to mean ?

and you put walls all around it :D

Bobbi

Nilla

Pangaea

Think I wrote something which seemed like constructive criticism at the time of the new houses, so I hope it didn't discourage you. I would absolutely LOVE some new houses because I find the design of the stone houses a bit depressive when built en masse, as you do in big towns. Some of the designs you came up with, combined with the wall texture by slink, looked really good, so I hope some of it is released in mod(s) one day :)

On a sidenote, yesterday I tried to increase the families of the wooden house, and the game crashed with an overflow error. However, I didn't see any real difference in the code of the hostel/boarding house. Obviously just a test to see if it was possible, but what would one need to change to make the game accept several families in one building? All I changed was "maxApartments". The hostel has this value set to 5.

RedKetchup

when i ll go back to my houses.... i ll try to some ... brilliant ideas i ve got .... one morning when i woke up :)
i always get my ideas there... while i sleep, and wake up with something brilliant ^^

i can call my idea (without telling too much) ..... Condominium houses !

slink

@Pangaea, I wonder if the contents tab was overloaded.  It may not have room for that many occupants?

Pangaea

Quote from: slink on October 11, 2014, 01:25:12 PM
@Pangaea, I wonder if the contents tab was overloaded.  It may not have room for that many occupants?

I was going to reply that I didn't see any obvious difference on this in the files yesterday, but comparing the two files on diffnow.com (thank you startpage.com) there is a crucial difference, which refers to Dialog/Residence.rsc:residence and ....:residenceLong. Normal houses only have 8 height, while the boarding house has 40, so that must be the difference that makes the game crash with the change I made.