Started by RedKetchup, November 01, 2014, 03:10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

so ... we give up on yeast ?

just flour=bread ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Bobbi

OK, I said I was going to try out loading both 1620 and Red's Creamery. Game loads OK ignoring the conflicts. Whichever mod is on top deprecates the other. Both icons show, but build the same building. So, one could choose to play 1620 with the Creamery on top and ignore the double icon. How this plays out long term, I don't know. The thing is, 1620 milkhouse products play a role in the rest of the mod structure. I don't see how that could play out well. If they both made the same products, it might be OK. In the 1620 thread, @kralyerg said pretty much the same thing: http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=609.90

irrelevant

The newest development; got a nice empty spot there just waiting for a bakery. ;) ;D

RedKetchup

ok. too bad @Bobbi they so same products , talking about the milk. i do cheese cream and yogurt, they do butter instead.
and i thik they also modified the number of milk, to almost nothing, in the big picture, it seems to me i read 5-7 milk per cow while i nerfed it to 24.

nice @irrelevant

RedKetchup

hehe the funny thing when we start to build ...all in height ?? can we say that in english ? (build high toward the sky) is...

we start to need to have ... double roads lol (if we want to see something IMO)

Mahnogard

Quote from: RedKetchup on November 03, 2014, 08:52:28 PM
hehe the funny thing when we start to build ...all in height ?? can we say that in english ? (build high toward the sky) is...

we start to need to have ... double roads lol (if we want to see something IMO)

Heh :) I've been building double-wide roads in my "downtown" areas for a while now to keep stuff from being so close together. I like to be able to see all those wonderful buildings! And now that we can build up, thanks to you, there's not as much need to pack everything in so tight. :)

RedKetchup

wait to see my empire state building :P

joking ^^

> >  ;D Grins  ;D < <

Fellow Villager

boys, for sugar we can add it from fountain mod....that there is sugar and distillery...

maybe you can add a refinery too, cause sugar crops is not good in coffee :-D

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on November 03, 2014, 07:25:20 PM
so ... we give up on yeast ?

just flour=bread ?

It's not so much giving up on yeast as it is using the natural yeast that is out there in the air. Banished brewers already do that. The bread would be more-or-less like sourdough. Historically many brewers and bakers developed and kept alive their own cultures of yeast and/or sourdough starters anyway. Modern strains are just refined versions of those traditional, wilder yeasts.

The Belgians do a beer that relies on natural yeast--they just put it up in the attic in open fermenters. It's an acquired taste.

Denis de la Rive

Quote from: rkelly17 on November 04, 2014, 09:10:38 AM
The Belgians do a beer that relies on natural yeast--they just put it up in the attic in open fermenters. It's an acquired taste.

The best beer I ever had was just that kind of accident, a contaminated batch, unique!  :'(

RedKetchup

looks like i stop to work on it for today, i fixed some issues till i try to fix another one, i dunno whats wrong with today, but i just lost 2 hrs to try to make the profession name > > showing < < and it refuses to work. i made like 6-7 new professions so far, i know how it works, how it should work.... but ... i dunno .... it rather stupid presently.

so i decided to stop and go play civV:BE for the rest of the day.

RedKetchup

finally i found why the profession names wasnt working. was good to have took a break :)

irrelevant

Yes, sometimes all you have to do is walk away for awhile  :D

Bobbi

So what do you guys think about this? What if Red used the Creamery building with a few modifications, like bags of sugar sitting over on the bench, and make it a sugar refinery? And the crop from Cosacks' mod could be used in conjunction with it, I think he is giving free rein to use his stuff. Good idea? Bad idea? More importantly, does it go well with Ketchup? Make pie, cake, and whatever else?

Darkbibou

@RedKetchup :

It's always a good idea to do something else when you are blocked on a nasty bug ;D.

In addition, this bug about profession might help you find why a tooltip is missing on the librarian profession :P

Otherwise, your new mods are very promising and I'm happy that you keep going with your creation work !