News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

> > Triple Grins ^_^ < <

Started by RedKetchup, November 01, 2014, 03:10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfreddie

I m not sure you need betas testers for your buildings, but if you are, I'd be happy to be on your list  :D

irrelevant

@Alfreddie all mods pretty much are beta! Just download the file attached to @RedKetchup's last post above, and join in!

Darkbibou

I tried to download the mod linked on the last post of Red but the download keep crashing after a few megabytes :(

@RedKetchup: is the mod available on your Mega please ?

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

there are the numbers i will probably use in next build: if people agree:

Bread: takes 20 flour (at 2TV each=40TV) and will make 12-16 breads (at 4TV= 48 to 64TV) => 8 to 24 profit : 120%-160% profit.

Cake: takes 16 flour + 4 honey (at 2TV each =32TV+4x1TV= 36TV) and will make 8-12 cakes (at 8 TV= 64 to 96TV) => 28 to 60 profit : 178% - 267% profit.

Pie: takes 10 flour + 3 fruit/nut + 3 honey (at 2TV each =20+3x1TV+3x1TV= 26TV) and will make 6-8 pies (at 12TV= 72 to 96TV) => 46 to 70 profit : 277% - 369% profit.

Darkbibou

Thanks for the MEGA link, I managed to complete the download this time :D

Here's a nice winter screenshot of the mod:

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=845223MedievalTown.png

I haven't played enough to speak about the production values so I will just give my personal feedback on the appearance:

First of all, i'd like to say that you have done a really great work with this mod !  8)

The windmill and the new hunter cabin are just perfect and most of the other buildings are also really well made.

After the compliments comes the constructive criticism ;D

- The habitable part of the medieval tavern is a bit tricky to click from certain angles (particularly during the construction step), maybe you can enlarge the "clickable area" ?
- The texture of the doors are a bit plain and doesn't fit very well with the rest of the buildings
- Maybe you can make a little roof over the "table" on which the bread is stored so that during the winter the snow don't fall on the bread and reveal its flatness ^^

Finally, the things that "bother me" the most is the strange mix of wood and stone on the second level of the blacksmith and bakery.
What I like the most in the windmill is that the wood layer is well separated from the stone layer.
So, here is my suggestion: convert the 2nd level of your new "2 story" buildings to full wood so that the player can really see the difference between the work place and the house :)

What do you think of this idea ? Is it feasible ?

I will end my post with an additional question: do you plan on making an habitable area in the windmill ?

Thanks again for the good work !

@++

°°° Darkbibou °°°

irrelevant

Quote from: RedKetchup on November 11, 2014, 10:59:27 AM
there are the numbers i will probably use in next build: if people agree:

Bread: takes 20 flour (at 2TV each=40TV) and will make 12-16 breads (at 4TV= 48 to 64TV) => 8 to 24 profit : 120%-160% profit.

Cake: takes 16 flour + 4 honey (at 2TV each =32TV+4x1TV= 36TV) and will make 8-12 cakes (at 8 TV= 64 to 96TV) => 28 to 60 profit : 178% - 267% profit.

Pie: takes 10 flour + 3 fruit/nut + 3 honey (at 2TV each =20+3x1TV+3x1TV= 26TV) and will make 6-8 pies (at 12TV= 72 to 96TV) => 46 to 70 profit : 277% - 369% profit.
Looks okay to me.

Fellow Villager

red, can i say something stupid? why don't you make a graphical mod of it? so there will no problem with cc....

JamieIdle2.0

Quote from: Fellow Villager on November 11, 2014, 05:10:26 PM
red, can i say something stupid? why don't you make a graphical mod of it? so there will no problem with cc....

The problem with CC is that it is more of an Overhaul rather than a mod. Because it is so large you can practically guarantee conflict with almost any other mod. Red has his own vision and his mods are always great. Honestly, the only thing that the CC mod has that interests me is the weaver and clothier. I am sure Red could do those better as well. Besides have you seen his bakery? It is beautiful!

irrelevant

@RedKetchup's bakery is a work of art. You have to pick and choose your mods. CC by its size and scope almost entirely precludes use of any other mods that even touch any resources.

I'm committed to RK's mods and Slink's and Jamie's for the foreseeable future. Should I ever decide to try CC, I'll commit to that (plus better fields, and flatten terrain, and maybe a couple more).

RedKetchup

Quote from: Darkbibou on November 11, 2014, 03:23:15 PM
- The habitable part of the medieval tavern is a bit tricky to click from certain angles (particularly during the construction step), maybe you can enlarge the "clickable area" ?

in all stage from as soon you ordered the construction of a 2nd floor to the final stage, and the 2nd floor built, in any time you want, you can click on the row of 1x5, 1x6 rectangle next to the building, (where you exactly place the residence), you can click and always target the 2nd floor without any problem.

En francais pour toi:
durant toutes les phase de la construction, à partir du moment tu as ordonné la construction, et ce , jusqu'au produit final, tu peux toujours clicker sur cette rangée de 1x5 placé à coté du bâtiment (là ou il y a les barils et les caisses de bois) tu selectionnera toujours le 2e étage. et ce qu'importe l'angle de ta camera.

- The texture of the doors are a bit plain and doesn't fit very well with the rest of the buildings
Unfortunatly, i never found the door texture Luke was using, i found almost all of them, the door is the one i never found. i am using the only one suitable i could found to replace it. i have checked like 10 websites and made all the pages i ve could seen, and nothing satisfied me more than that one.

- Maybe you can make a little roof over the "table" on which the bread is stored so that during the winter the snow don't fall on the bread and reveal its flatness ^^
it has nothing to do with a roof or not. maybe you dont know, all the building in the game, even those you cant see inside, have snow inside the houses, even those that havent a hole big enough to pass an ingame needle inside.
it doesnt matter if being of open air or not, all is related about AO files. and i dont know how to make those. it's those files that are deciding if snow appear or not, depending if its black or white
this image is from the ApiaryAO file: do you reconize the apiary inside ? not me.

I will end my post with an additional question: do you plan on making an habitable area in the windmill ?

it was initially planned, but i didnt figured it out yet, waiting to have the inspirations :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: Fellow Villager on November 11, 2014, 05:10:26 PM
a graphical mod of what ?

>> the word 'it' << refers to something and i dont know to what it refers to :)

Darkbibou

Quote from: RedKetchup on November 11, 2014, 06:07:49 PM
it has nothing to do with a roof or not. maybe you dont know, all the building in the game, even those you cant see inside, have snow inside the houses, even those that havent a hole big enough to pass an ingame needle inside.
it doesnt matter if being of open air or not, all is related about AO files. and i dont know how to make those. it's those files that are deciding if snow appear or not, depending if its black or white
this image is from the ApiaryAO file: do you reconize the apiary inside ? not me.

Ok for the invisible snow inside the building. I wasn't aware of that :)

If I'm not wrong, AO files are Ambient Occlusion maps and for me AO is related to the management of ambient light (and shadows) on a 3D object.

If I'm right about it, it seems that there are tutorials about AO map creation from existing 3D objects with 3ds max on the web. I however don't know how difficult it is !

If I understood what you said, Luke has linked the light exposure of the object to the snow. The more light a place get, the more snow will pile up on it during winter, is that it ?

You missed my question about the full wood habitable levels ^^

What is the opinion of other testers about it ?

RedKetchup

yes thats it. and about full different mats (wood) for 2nd level... i gone that way cause i thought was best looking for these building.

Darkbibou

The windwill is really great with the stone and wood duality (first layer of stone, 2dn layer of wood).

Can we (or maybe I ?) expect an alternative design accessible through the F key ?

My knowledge on 3D modelling is quite limited so is it "fast and easy" or "slow and hard" to change the global texture of a wall like that ?