News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

> > Triple Grins ^_^ < <

Started by RedKetchup, November 01, 2014, 03:10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paeng

Quote from: Darkbibou on November 12, 2014, 04:23:47 AMthe stone and wood duality (first layer of stone, 2dn layer of wood). [...] an alternative design accessible through the F key?

Well yes, that would be pretty cool... I can live with the all stone type, but to have both (just for the Blacksmith and Baker residences) would be the icing on the cake...  :D
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Alfreddie

Thanks, Irrelevant and Red Ketchup, I read this thread to quickly or was distracted and didn't notice the link! I'll try all this with a new town!  ;D

chillzz

since the total crash on the previous game, I started a new one with the beta v2 version.
everything seems to work pretty well :) 
even updated the beta 2 version to the version with hunters habitat in the new save game.
Mills, Tailor, Blacksmith, Hunters, Tavern, bakery (bread, cake) are working perfectly.
now I'm finally able to test the pies too.. can't wait :D

*maybe I'll even try to open the previous game with this new version.. who knows! *
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

chillzz

well that previous save game, was still a no-go  :'(
but the new game is doing amazing with all baked products now...

- Bread
- Cake
- Pies (Apple, Pecan, Cherry)
- Cornbread

and of course the milled products :
- Flour (corn / wheat)
- Cornflour (corn)

as you may have guessed, I'm beta testing it with the ill fated il_tonkso 'millers and bakers' mod to see if there are any problems.
I know many have/had problems with that one, but for me it kinda always worked, if you don't mind some other products stored in the inventory of the mill and bakery.
This does happen with a few other storage spaces as well, not only the il_tonkso one. still manage to get great output of it.

now the funny thing :
beta 1 test game, gave me flour (rk), flour (il), cornflour (il), bread (rk), bread (il) and cornbread (il),
so the il_tonkso one had different resources and wouldn't get RedKetchups flour,
nor would Medieval Bakery use the flour from il_tonkso's mill. But they played nice together, no problems to report.

beta 2 test game (+ update to last version including hunters cabin) :
Flour from all mills is being used by all bakeries (now have same icon too, rk)
Bread from all bakeries is the same (now have same icon too, rk)
only cornbread / cornflour is still il_tonkso only of course.

Which to me is weird, since mod load order hasn't changed since game 1 and 2..

I know @RedKetchup did change the code a bit to make it compatible with CC, but this turns out great actually!

should I now add Colonial Charter Turbo to the 2nd game, to test it with all mills and all bakeries?
now that could be fun.

irrelevant

Add CC to an existing game? Sure, as long as you are prepared for the possibility that your game becomes unusable. ;)

Not saying that it will, just saying that you have to be ready to let it go if it does.

chillzz

Quote from: irrelevant on November 12, 2014, 06:17:21 PM
Add CC to an existing game? Sure, as long as you are prepared for the possibility that your game becomes unusable. ;)

Not saying that it will, just saying that you have to be ready to let it go if it does.

well I've had many crash to desktop before, all mod related (usually the larger map / terrain type ones  and the dreaded trader one.)
as far as I know not once due to a new version of a mod though. 
beta 1 game  with all my tested mods worked well, until I updated the medieval town. which is a first for me,
especially because I always update @RedKetchup mods without a problem.. :D

completely adding a new mod like CC might be a problem, so i'll try on the last auto save game first :)

chillzz

Well adding CC didn't crash the game, as you can see in the image.. but man it's getting sluggish ..
better to try that one in a new game, without the conflicting mods (farm & textiles and such)

I included the image, to show the fact that it all can work together :)
too bad I don't have an image showing the beta 1 game,
which with the same mod load order shows a completely different picture ..

of course this is just proof of concept that all chosen mods play well together.
doesn't mean you should ;)

RedKetchup

i am happy to see and been confirmed every works fine all together, but what you mean by "sluggish" ?

the updates will be slower now for a week, since Worldof Warcraft expansion opens in 2h30 , i will have to level my main hunter to 100 :)

but i ll try to work on it 1-2 hrs per day to still advance :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

chillzz

Quote from: RedKetchup on November 12, 2014, 09:34:06 PM
i am happy to see and been confirmed every works fine all together, but what you mean by "sluggish" ?
escargot avec beurre à l'ail speed...

while the game with 46 mods is running smooth, I added the CC, almost to a grinding halt.
on a HexaCore AMD Phenom II X6 Black Edition 1090T, 3564 MHz, with 16gb of ram..

I think starting a different game, with CC (removing all doubles) it would be a lot better.

Quote from: RedKetchup on November 12, 2014, 09:34:06 PM
the updates will be slower now for a week, since Worldof Warcraft expansion opens in 2h30 , i will have to level my main hunter to 100 :)
you're not obligated to work on it at all.. you're doing us a huge favor by adding such great content to a great game.
you deserve some off / playtime too ;)

RedKetchup

i know ! i made alot of progression and alot of things in this one so far, i definitely deserve some play time :)

Paeng

Quote from: chillzz on November 12, 2014, 07:09:42 PMbetter to try that one in a new game, without the conflicting mods (farm & textiles and such)

Well, yeah - I'd definitely take out the 'deprecated' mods... like Town&Textiles is completely replaced by CC...  :)

I also run the whole bundle of mods side by side without any crashes or mishaps... as long as the creators keep close tabs and maintain a minimum of communication and coordination regarding the resources and file-names used (as RedK and BL have, for all I know), I don't see why there should be unsolvable problems... By now we all know that a 'red conflict' does not necessarily mean CRASH but indicates the need for e.g. a particular load order... and I'm slowly developing a pretty good sense about what kind of mods I can add to a running game and what mods I should keep on standby until the next new game.

Being able to mix and match mods is essential - without it, any modding becomes kind of useless (to me). I don't want to be restricted to use only this OR that... yes, I want my cake, and I want to eat it, too...  ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Fellow Villager

red, maybe you can make models for CC? so you could be the modeller of the team...your buildings are great!

canis39

Wow, was out of town and just discovered this thread.

RedKetchup, you continue to be the premier solo modder for Banished. This is some amazing stuff. Thank you for doing so much to improve the game!

RedKetchup

Quote from: Fellow Villager on November 13, 2014, 03:15:57 AM
red, maybe you can make models for CC? so you could be the modeller of the team...your buildings are great!

yeah they arent ... great ^^

chillzz

Quote from: Paeng on November 13, 2014, 12:09:50 AM
Well, yeah - I'd definitely take out the 'deprecated' mods... like Town&Textiles is completely replaced by CC...  :)
Being able to mix and match mods is essential - without it, any modding becomes kind of useless (to me). I don't want to be restricted to use only this OR that... yes, I want my cake, and I want to eat it, too...  ;)

Yes that's the one Town & Textiles (was thinking about 'farm yard building').. which is a good mod. So is CC of course, but I don't like the complete game overhaul (and the buildings could be modeled much better, redketchup style). I indeed want to mix and match the mods according to how I like it. some buildings, some crops, some animals. new professions like butcher miller and baker, that's about it.

So basically my mod list is a complete works of RedKetchup, with few added other mods ;)