News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RK Rise of the Pharaoh Beta 1 testing

Started by irrelevant, August 24, 2019, 07:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkAnthony

You'll get it Red, besides death and taxes, that's also a certainty! We're waiting and I'm passing the time by starting a new game this morning like Irrelevant did. Mean while... @moonbelf 's out there somewhere with some sort of crazy space-aged gun blowing holes into mountains. She must have made it from the properties of a meteorite piece. I never did find one of those, so ... yeah... still poor!

Be wary of her... be very very wary!   :P
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

moonbelf

@irrelevant @MarkAnthony I haven't started a tailor yet. You guys are way ahead of me in town years. I'm only at year 14. Thought I was doing well to have what I do so far but now I'm not so sure  :D I'll stick with my current town until @RedKetchup gets beta 2 out.

@RedKetchup sorry you're having so much trouble with this mod and need to redo much. But know that we appreciate what you're doing!

moonbelf

Quote from: MarkAnthony on August 26, 2019, 08:46:46 AM
You'll get it Red, besides death and taxes, that's also a certainty! We're waiting and I'm passing the time by starting a new game this morning like Irrelevant did. Mean while... @moonbelf 's out there somewhere with some sort of crazy space-aged gun blowing holes into mountains. She must have made it from the properties of a meteorite piece. I never did find one of those, so ... yeah... still poor!

Be wary of her... be very very wary!   :P

Agree with everything @MarkAnthony said. Even agree with me having some super space-age weapon to annihilate pesky terrain! hahaha

MarkAnthony

Quote from: moonbelf on August 26, 2019, 08:48:24 AM
@irrelevant @MarkAnthony I haven't started a tailor yet. You guys are way ahead of me in town years. I'm only at year 14. Thought I was doing well to have what I do so far but now I'm not so sure  :D
Nah Moonbelf, we were not way ahead of you; we did however start more than 1/2 a IRL day before you did.

Abandoned

Quote from: MarkAnthony on August 26, 2019, 08:03:09 AM
I can almost feel it... I bet he's sweating and cussing and throwing Red-fits trying to get us some HIPPOS!!! Again, can't have the Nile without those darn cute Hippos!               

And I still want a chariot! Well I do, but Hippos are more important!                

;D @MarkAnthony I think you will have to be a bit more persuasive if you want those hippos  ;D  Try this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGLGJV01C0Q

Sorry, I just couldn't resist - I will remove from thread if anyone asks.  :)

MarkAnthony

So before I begin round two of fighting with the Blacksmiths, here's what I am starting with.

This time I only have one child to concern myself with. Even though she is age 6 I have no clue if I will get a School built in time because this time I am playing on a Hard Alternate start.

MarkAnthony

Honestly @Abandoned the very first time I uttered the word "hippo" in the forums here I had that song in the back of my mind.  ;D   I thought about linking it but I wasn't sure if anyone else would understand. The whole Euro -vs- 'Murica thing - we already look stupid enough to them as it is.  ROFL *solely my opinion*

Your link didn't quite work.. did... but didn't.

Abandoned

;D ;D ;D oh, that is so funny, glad I have company and am not the only one.  Since I read your hippo comments I keep hearing that song in my head  ;D  I was hoping posting song would banish it from my mind.  ;D

MarkAnthony

Yeah, I'll always love that song. I just now watched the whole playback as well.

Maybe Red will take the time to watch and LISTEN (it's so cute the way she pronounces the words) and he may truly understand how important they are.

HEHE  :D

irrelevant

This town is going great. The first resource merchant brought 180 refined tin, unordered, so for awhile anyway, there will be all the bronze I could ask for. Now for some lumber and glass for the town hall.

MarkAnthony

Wow, year 11 already. I haven't even started my second game yet. It's running in the background on pause because I somehow ( @Abandoned ) got led astray to YouTube and I've listened and watched the Hippo song about five times now and am searching for more Christmas videos. The ones I like are the flash mob types at malls and whatnot.

Anyways, I'll be starting soon I just put YouTube away. Keeping an eye on your posts as usual.

EDIT: Oh I forgot to say, this one will be sans-roads.

moonbelf

You better use that space age laser I have on the huge mountain and find an asteroid!  :P

RedKetchup

btw, hehe, i asked only one thing about the test .... still didnt got a lot of comment on :

QuoteI changed the way things are spawning so i will need to get feedback on : How herbalist / gatherer hut / foresters are producing.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on August 26, 2019, 05:12:47 AM
@RedKetchup I assume that fodder/thatch spawns next to something else; what is that something? ;)

grass is only spawn at map creation and nothing will spawn those unless it respawn itself (auto respawn)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

MarkAnthony

Quote from: RedKetchup on August 26, 2019, 10:27:25 AM
btw, hehe, i asked only one thing about the test .... still didnt got a lot of comment on :

QuoteI changed the way things are spawning so i will need to get feedback on : How herbalist / gatherer hut / foresters are producing.
Sorry Red, I did see that before playing.

I didn't actually pay too much attention to the Herbalist. My first Herbalist (I ended up with three) is the only one I glanced at once in a while. To be fair to you I don't think I had it in a good spot to begin with. It didn't get very much maybe like 26 per year at those times when I actually did look. I ended up putting a second Herbalist in that first building to give it a small boost if there was any to actually gain.

The Gatherer did very well, I would say in the 600-800 range for one Gatherer. I didn't add up the numbers and the list of items it collected was very long, so I was quite pleased with that. Having said this, the Gatherer wasn't actually my main food source since I had two crop fields and an orchard and a pasture and I was really pleased with my fishing dock but he had a pretty sweet spot to fish from.

The Forester I think did pretty well, but I did have two of them employed at first and then later I bumped it up to four employed. I wasn't so concerned about logs like Irrelevant was. Like I told Moonbelf in my previous comments in this thread I didn't have a Forester until about the 14th year - I had so much Fodder-Thatch to use I never needed an excess of Logs.

My Logs for building all came from the places the Banies would clear for the building areas. I think I sent them to cut trees maybe four times ever in small batches. My five Wood Cutters survived on Fodder-Thatch for 15 years before I finally ran out of Fodder-Thatch and switched to making Firewood with Logs. By the time I made that switch I already had five 6x8 Stock Piles of 100% Logs at this point because the Forester was working in the background with me not even thinking about it at all.

I only micro-managed the Forester twice. Once when I first built it in year 14 I set it to two employed and 3-4 years of planting only. Then after I finally got my first Trade Post built, and then the next two Trade Posts I bumped up the Foresters to four employed so I could keep the Wood Cutters heavily stocked to keep my Trade Posts running. I bought like 10 different Seeds & Livestock in total I think so I needed the Firewood for currency.

As I also told Moonbelf and Irrelevant (and you by the way) the only time I really used the gathering tools is when I would clean the radius-area up for the Forester, Gatherer and Herbalist. The real exception being looking for ore and getting stone. I used those a lot. Then, after I saw how Irrelevant struck gold by finding an 8000 tv meteorite well... I went prospecting for that but I never found one.

I will do much better this time around on paying attention to the gathering rates for the Herbalist, Gatherer, and Forester and Hunter too - I promise I will try. Sorry about that. I got caught up in playing a new game and then the issues of the Blacksmith kept dogging me throughout the entire game I forgot my true purpose was to help you test this.