News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Embx61 Work in progress

Started by embx61, May 02, 2017, 06:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elemental

Roads are looking very promising.  :)

An idea for you to consider. You have a leatherworks. How about a shoe maker? Shoes could be a type of clothing. I know that bannies only use/wear one type of clothing at a time but we can pretend that they are wearing cloths AND shoes. You could have lightweight shoes and warm shoes, just like there are two different types of clothing.

embx61

After finishing some stuff up like the quarry, mine for Village set.
Then finishing the roads for a first release I will look into a shoemaker.

I will add this one to the production set 1 what have the tannery and leatherworker chain as it makes sense to add it to that set.

Now the Village set is under a themed button some players think it is a bit over the top.

While I can see it is nice to have the whole village under one button it also means a bit more clicking.
Players who look for a fisher mans hut click first on the food icon under the EBtoolbar. Then it is not there because I made only one and it belongs to the Village set and it sits under it's own button so players have to click the Village set button, then the food category to find the fishermans hut.

As the toolbar changes in itself are rather easy to do I will ask again what players who play with the village set rather prefer.
The themed button or scatter the buildings under the several category buttons under the EB toolbar.

If we decide to take this approach I will put a small orange dot on all the toolbar buttons as to indicate it belongs to the village set.
Also the tooltip will have Village in front of all the building names what it currently already have included.

Now that hopefully more players have played with the set I hope to receive some feedback with pros and cons on both approaches.

The only problem is that I have to update all my other mods to get rid of the village set button as it is part of the Custom EBToolbar as otherwise things can go wary if another mod is higher in the modlist and the mods are not updated but I think the button will not show if nothing is under it so I can just leave the button in the code and no harm is done besides a couple of bytes extra.

Can you confirm this for me Red?

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Savidan

mhhh the orange dot is a nice idea to mark theme building thought.
What kind of pictures you use for the bar ?

embx61

Just the Vanilla ones as I suck with creating icons and just hate to make them :(

As they are on there own toolbars currently I does not matter but if I scatter the buildings around a orange dot will be mandatory unless someone want to make me a icon for every building.

The vanilla icons are quite nice though.

You rather see as it is now (A themed set) or scatter the buildings on the EB toolbar categories and use the orange dot?

I have already about 9 buildings in the resources toolbar and Village will add 7 to that if I scatter them so it becomes 16 icons so this is also something to take into consideration as I plan to add a couple more buildings later (Pottery and shoemaker) so it will be 18 icons long.

grammycat

I love the village set.  The only feedback I could offer is on the school.  It seems that a school that size could easily hold 20-25 students.

embx61

I like my buildings so much I want you guys and dolls to build many of them  :D  (Just kidding)

I agree and in the next version I will increase the school to 30 and the Chapel to 300.

What you think about the themed set?

Just leave as is or scatter the buildings over the categories under the EBtoolbar?

QueryEverything

All the work is looking great :)

Is that are brick / cobblestone road I see?
(Even with a larger monitor and screen blown up, I still can't make it out - sorry, it's me, not you.)

I'm very excited if it is!  We need some more modern-ish grey/blue stone/brick roads with the newer buildings in the city areas, and I think from what I can see the rest of your road pack looks superb!!

Great work @embx61 :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

embx61

The fourth road from the top and the very light one need some better scaling.

The very light one I going to darken a little bit too.

They are all stone roads, cobble, staright, and the red ones have circles and are IMHO best for plaza's.

embx61

Was testing for a bug reported by elemental and waited for a trader to show up and then this happened.
The boat almost disappeared  ???

I just saved before the trader docked so after I quited the game and reloaded and the boat docked all was fine so luckily just a game glitch I guess.

@elemental

As you can see the merchant food traders name just show okay. As I said in the PM I pretty sure it is because the merchant strings are in the new limit resource files and my stand alone and the one in Unified are not having those strings. As I have not unified and the stand alone loaded it shows up fine by me.

For the next version I will add the merchant strings to the Village string table instead and link to those to avoid more issues later on.

embx61

After moving the merchant strings to the Village string table and did a test to see if it worked and loaded the game again after replacing the newly made PKM and that damn boat disappeared again right at the moment of docking.
If I dismiss the boat the graphics come right back.

I do nothing with the boat mesh (We not have it anyway) and just using references to Lukes tradeboat in the tradeport file so no clue what this can be beside just the game glitches out.

Abandoned

EB I have had that happen several times before with different trading posts, not with vanilla.  It was just at the dock, the trading works fine, it is just the graphic at the dock.  It does not happen often.

grammycat

I really like the themed set-it's all right there together & easy to find, but I'll use whichever you decide on.  Yay for more students and parishioners!

elemental

I'll let you know if I see any ghost boats.

Regarding toolbars... One important question is do you think you will be making any other themed sets? If you've got more than one then yes, perhaps it might be best to keep each themed set in its own submenu.

Or you could use the best of both systems. Taking food as an example:

Main EB button -> Food -> any of your non-themed food buildings
Main EB button -> Food -> Village Set button -> EB Village fisherman, hunter, gather, (plus whatever else you might add later)
Main EB button -> Food -> Second themed set button -> Second themed set fisherman, hunter, gather, etc

So all of your food buildings would be under your one main food button but there would be submenus under that button for any themed sets.

You could also keep the standalone village set the way it is but do something like what I have described when you add your village set to the unified mod. Whatever you choose to do I'm sure I'll learn where stuff is soon enough.  :)

embx61

I was thinking about the same as to put them under village toolbars under the EB toolbar categories.

As it is only one more button per category unless I make more themed sets (I think I won't but you never know).

I am more thinking about to make later more buildings in the same style as the village set so a winery, oil press, and the like.

It will be Village production set though so a addon mod as to keep the mod size reasonable in size and so players don't have to load all when they maybe only want the set as it is now.

Lot of work but the more I play with the village set the more eager I am to make more buildings for it in an addon mod.

No worry, the production sets I have I keep supporting so it will just be more diversity :)

About the boat glitch, after reloading again it went all fine. No clue what it can be as I don't touch anything with the boat besides making a dummie for it in the trading port mesh.

Looking at the picture (I am also in the process of changing the vanilla ground textures) it screams to me "Give us more production buildings in the same style!"  :D

RedKetchup

i saw it happended sometimes too.
i assumed too this was a game glitch
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .