News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

irrelevant - Quatre Bras: incorporating mods

Started by irrelevant, October 14, 2014, 06:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

@RedKetchup Yeah. Did I read that you have a revision available that corrects the flour/pie thing in the bakery? I'm just wondering whether having two inventory items named "flour" is a problem? I noticed that last night.

irrelevant

Still fighting to keep this town going. Saving after every action I take, or after it runs for awhile with me doing nothing (which is most of the time).

RedKetchup

yeah, and also pecan pie and cherry pie were making cakes too ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

as soon as i ll finished that tailor, i ll do another build, and you ll be able to start a new city :)

irrelevant

Late Autumn 60

Still limping along in between crashes. I like this town, not giving up easily.

Happy woodchopper. The pop curve tips back up. How far will it go?

irrelevant

Reverted to an earlier save, before I added Medieval Town.

Lesson learned: never, ever, ever add any but the simplest mod to a town already in progress. And even then, make a save first.

RedKetchup

irrelevant

Late Summer 61

Back up with the old save and the new version of Medieval. No crashes so far, but I haven't restarted the mills yet. I still have 13 "old flour" in houses that I'm waiting to get used up. The rest of the old flour is gone.

The revitalized main market area.

irrelevant

Autumn 62

And the mill/bakery district is back up, turning out bread and pecan pies.

@RedKetchup For pie, looks like 10 each of flour, honey, and fruit/nuts = 18 pies?

RedKetchup

bah nobody commented the number so far, which i was hoping :P

for the moment i ve put like 28 of items (10+10+8 or 10+12+6) for 18 pie

10 flour worth 10x2= 20, 10 honey=10, 8 apple = 8 so.... cost 38

18 pies worth 18x12 each = 216 :P

i know thats alot.
profit: 178

i need people give me number to put cause i have no idea

if i ask tester is not just to see if it crash ^^

irrelevant

@RedKetchup personally I'd say the quantities of inputs and outputs are balanced. I'd make pies trade at 6 instead of 12.

Cost 38 = 18 pies x 6 = 108 less 38 =  profit 70. Still pretty good but not insane. But the bakery can make tons of pies seems like, maybe 800-1000 per year. Don't have a full year's production yet.

Mahnogard

Quote from: irrelevant on November 09, 2014, 12:43:45 PM
@RedKetchup personally I'd say the quantities of inputs and outputs are balanced. I'd make pies trade at 6.

I agree, though I rarely trade any food unless I have way too much of something so my opinions on trade value should be taken with a grain of salt. For the recipe input-ouput, though, I think it's good.

irrelevant

Or maybe that's not enough compared with bread. What's breads inputs/outputs? Ten flour = ten bread?

RedKetchup

20 flour worth 2 each = 40 value : create 9-12 bread worth 4 each = 36-48 value. thats not big for bread if you use uneducated worker you even lose 4 gold IMO
thats the price presently in my files. i even think i should tear down from 20 flour to 16 flour (except the fact we create 32 flour with 20 wheat/corn)

10 flour worth 2 each = 20 + 6 honey worth 1 each = 26 for the cakes : create 12-16 cakes worth 8 each = 96-128 value. that one is too high. i should put 20 flour and 12 honey => 52 cost and still let the price there. would be like 150% profit.

10 flour worth 2 each = 20 + 18 honey/fruit/nuts combo at 1 each = 38 for the pies. : create 15 - 18 pie worth 12 each = 180 to 216 value. i definetly need to do something for that one. but keep in mind that you need 3 item resource for it, apple or cherry or pecan which arent easy to come with. i can double flour to 20 (40 value / 58 total) and put down the price at 10 => which would make 300% profit with 3 resources (which takes 3x time to create cause need to walk through the city to get all 3 resources x100 carry capacity)

irrelevant

Quote from: RedKetchup on November 09, 2014, 11:54:44 PM
10 flour worth 2 each = 20 + 18 honey/fruit/nuts combo at 1 each = 38 for the pies. : create 15 - 18 pie worth 12 each = 180 to 216 value. i definetly need to do something for that one. but keep in mind that you need 3 item resource for it, apple or cherry or pecan which arent easy to come with. i can double flour to 20 (40 value / 58 total) and put down the price at 10 => which would make 300% profit with 3 resources (which takes 3x time to create cause need to walk through the city to get all 3 resources x100 carry capacity)

Replied in another thread, reproducing reply here for continuity.

This is correct in theory, but in practice keeping huge stocks of the three inputs is no difficulty whatsoever. Wheat is essentially free, so with just a bit of planning (locating wheat fields, mill, storage, and bakery together as in my earlier screenshots in this thread) flour is essentially free as well. Fruit/nuts and honey also are available in vast quantities through trade or orchards/apiary. So the three-input pie chain is not nearly as problematic as the three-input chain for steel tools. Iron, logs, and coal not only are far more costly, they also have much more competition for their use.

A bakery with sufficient inputs can produce over 1000 pies per year. This is 12,000TV at 12 each, or 10,000TV at 10 each. Compare with a tailor and wool coats (250x15=3750TV), a tavern (600x8=4800TV), a blacksmith with iron tools (200x15=3000TV) or a woodchopper (1000x4=4000TV). Pies would be more in line with these (but still the best) even if the price per pie was reduced from 12 to 6 (1000x6=6000TV). Just my opinion. :) ;)