Dingdingding! Valedictorian of the class of 18 ;D

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Every day, mon ami, you get another A.

irrelevant

Early Spring 19 - pop 101

Progress at Far Side, lots of goodies here. There's two herds of deer that just keep walking back an forth past that hunter. I may have to put up another one.

Overproducing food by a considerable amount right now; however, I'm not sure I'll be able to double food production, which is what I need to support the pop 300 required for Isolationist. So, I'll need to not push pop growth as hard as I might, while expanding food production as quickly as I can; I'll need to build up a food surplus that I can draw down once I get to 250 or so, and that means I'll be needing lots more storage.

Up to now my barns and markets have been filling up as quickly as I've been making them. Unfortunately a considerable chunk of what they have been filling up with has been leather, coats, and firewood, things I ordinarily would be trading away.

I'd been planning to build an iron mine first, but maybe what I need is coal instead, so my guys can use that for heating, and I can ease off on firewood production.

irrelevant

Had six old ladies die in the past 18 months; now I have 6 old widowers living alone. I normally don't care about this, but I really need to build a couple of houses; I can just see these codgers all kicking off together and then I have a housing glut.

rkelly17

Quote from: irrelevant on October 02, 2014, 06:21:40 AM
Had six old ladies die in the past 18 months; now I have 6 old widowers living alone. I normally don't care about this, but I really need to build a couple of houses; I can just see these codgers all kicking off together and then I have a housing glut.

Do I smell a mod suggestion? Old folks home so the old codgers can all live together?

irrelevant

Oh, you know, if I really wanted to I could kick them out into a BH, but I'd still have the same problem, empty houses. And I wanted to build houses in a particular spot; these old farts ain't in that spot.

Anyway I'm not one for modding my out of problems I created myself ;)

irrelevant

Early Spring 24 - pop 142

Never had a food curve look like that before!  8)

Running out of storage space as fast as I can remember to build it. So used to having my farm grid with all those barns.

Stonecutting and mining are working out well. Going to build a coal mine soon, next to the hospital.

Pangaea

That's an impressive food curve. If the food reserves is anything to go by, it looks like you've found some very good fishing and hunting spots. Does the appearance of deer improve what they hunt? I've never been quite sure about that, but I think so.

irrelevant

@Pangaea Yes, the hunters actually do take deer from the herds, and only from the herds. When there are no herds of deer in the circle, you get nothing. That's why cabin placement is so important, ideally they go in the "choke points," through which you have observed herds of deer passing.

Each herd seem to follow a more or less regular pattern, moving back and forth between two or three grazing areas.

Pangaea

Cool. I've tried placing them near observable grazing areas as well, which seems to work, but other times I just plop it down in a forest node, and that seems to work okay too. Hunters do physically kill the visually observable deer, though, so grazing areas are useful to keep in mind when placing the huts.

Yesterday I actually fired up a game with the bug mod active, and it was very interesting to see the Deer Population feature in action. For example, it looks like they can go everywhere they can pathfind. But if you for example order to take down some trees, that area is redded out, which I think means they don't go there currently. After a time of human non-activity, it turns a different colour, which I reckon means lower deer activity in the area. After yet more time it turns green, the normal colour, so they can go there normally again.

Some really cool features in that bug mod.

irrelevant

Happiness is slipping because of the quarry and the mines; time for taverns! :D :D :D

irrelevant

Quote from: Pangaea on October 03, 2014, 10:19:22 AM

Some really cool features in that bug mod.
Yes, that looks very interesting, may have to check that out.

irrelevant

Couple of years of drinking free ale will do wonders for a town's happiness. I have to look at a coal mine? Eh, okay. ;)