News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Technical questions

Started by assobanana76, May 14, 2015, 04:01:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

welcome back @assobanana76  :)

yeah still working on nmt 2.0 .... slowly but still working.
i just cant work on it 16hrs per day , 7 days a week , like ShockP ^^ but i do some time to time ^^

happy you still alive :)
btw, dont opt for the beta 1.0.5 ... wait the official release :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

A Nonny Moose

Welcome back.  You are not the only one in need to a new box of tricks, but like you I am afraid Santa doesn't have a new one for me either.  My system isn't in immediate danger of 'kicking the bucket' but the graphics drivers that support this version of Ubuntu are not on the latest issue (15.10) of Ubuntu, so I have reverted to the last LTS (Long Term Support) release 14.04 which will be kept current until 05 2017.  By then if I save my nickels (we don't have pennies any more), I might fund a new machine.  I think this time I will have one of the local OEMs build me a custom machine to my specifications.  Nothing special, a graphics system with on-board memory (4 GB or so), and an AMD Hex-core processor with 12 GB memory.  All my existing peripherals must fit on the new box so basically I need a desktop with a new mother board and a GPU.

Apparently Luke is actually working on getting a native mode program for Linux as well as a new Windows version.  I'd really like to have one that used GTK instead of Visual Studio.  It would make play a lot better if the multiprogramming Luke spends time setting up didn't get killed by wine.  However, GTK from VS is not a trivial conversion.  More like a total rewrite of the graphics sections.  Maybe he could convert the whole thing to a 3D display system like OGRE.  This package runs on Windows as well as on Linux and it is free.  He can also pick up the GNU development suite which includes an ISO C++ compiler (g++) as well as lots of other goodies to replace Visual Studio.  Funny thing about all this is that for an individual worker all this stuff is free and has support and well as a large supporting community.  There is also a wide choice of free Integrated Development Environments (IDEs).  According to the current software catalogue for Ubuntu there are 77,043 items available, not all of them free, but most are.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

Bobbi

QuoteThen you, like me, are waiting for their new releases !

Yes, I will wait to start a new  town until after both Reds and CCs releases, which won't be until 1.0.5 is out of beta. In the meantime I have continued playing the town I started for a challenge over on CC for a "multiplayer" game http://colonialcharter.com/index.php/forum/tavern/2081-settlers-of-arcadia-banished-multiplayer with 1.0.4. Not using the beta, I will be selfish and let others test it.

irrelevant

This thread seems like it might be a good place for this issue. I've noticed the past few months that my UI panels are getting truncated short of the map edge on the bottom and right edges, per the image. Any ideas what is causing this and how I might make it stop?

RedKetchup

only in the screenshots ? but not in real time game  ?
maybe play with video resolutions ?

irrelevant

@RedKetchup no, it is in the game as well. Also, the Town Hall panel prevents clicking on anything located within a certain distance (several tens of pixels) of it.

RedKetchup

personally i have no idea, never seen that before.

A Nonny Moose

This might have to do with some incompatibilities with your GPU and the game's programming.  I've noticed that if you have multiple construction windows on screen, you often can't do anything close to them.  They get picked up even if you are away from the border markers.

There is a chance that this may be a problem with the current version of Visual Studio.  In the long run, a switch to a more robust graphics engine such as GTK might be an advantage.  The Gimp Tool Kit runs quite happily on Windoze (or did up to Windoze 7).
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

Gatherer

Time for a little old topic necromancy...

Is it possible to create a warehouse that stores only building resources or food or even just vegetables?
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

yes. all is controlled by this line or function :

StorageDescription storage
{
RawMaterialFlags _storageFlags = Edible | Tool | Health | Clothing | Textile;
bool _areaBasedLimit = false;
bool _available = false;
int _volumeLimit = 8000;
}

the possible TAGs are :
Edible | Fruit | Vegetable | Grain | Protein | Tool | Health | Clothing | Textile | Coalfuel | Wood | Stone | Iron | Fuel | Alcohol | WoodFuel;

Gatherer

Question: Why do nomads still converge on a site of a long ago demolished town hall or any other building that spawns them and was later removed?
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

it can take sometimes. probably the nomad are set up to spawn (and where to go) at the moment the time countdown has been launched

Gatherer

Is it posible to remove health effect from herbs and happiness effect from alcohol?
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

bah you need an overwrite of each buildings with no happiness / health
having buildings that doesnt have those functions