News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Technical questions

Started by assobanana76, May 14, 2015, 04:01:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

assobanana76

technical questions ..

the cemetery and the church have a ideal circle yellow "range"?
if so, what happens to those who are out of this circle?
families out of the circle of the cemetery can not mourn their dead and then become sad?
members believers out of the yellow circle of a church does not pray?

my intention is to build small temples (Japanese) and small cemeteries across the map (instead of cathedrals or great temples) .. but how can I tell them how far from each other to avoid not cover the whole area?
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Nilla

You don´t have to cover the area. I´m not 100% sure but this is how i think it work: The circle is the "happines circle" and have nothing to do with the members of the church (they come from all over the map until the church is full) or the graves at the graveyard (they don´t come from all over the map, but sure from outside the circle). On the other side, I have never seen that it matters at all if a person is a member of a church or not.

rkelly17

Quote from: assobanana76 on June 15, 2015, 01:46:00 AM
technical questions ..

the cemetery and the church have a ideal circle yellow "range"?
if so, what happens to those who are out of this circle?
families out of the circle of the cemetery can not mourn their dead and then become sad?
members believers out of the yellow circle of a church does not pray?

my intention is to build small temples (Japanese) and small cemeteries across the map (instead of cathedrals or great temples) .. but how can I tell them how far from each other to avoid not cover the whole area?

People will "join" the chapel and bury their dead in the cemetery nearest where they live. If there is only one, they will all go to that one. People will also come from all over to a cemetery. I have followed idlers pass two cemeteries to idle at a cemetery across the map from where they live. I think that the circle is the area within which housing is more desirable--same way that people who live in a house near a mine get unhappy from the mine, so people who live near a chapel get happy from the chapel. Chapel "membership" also contributes to happiness even if they live nowhere near. There are a number of things that increase happiness, so you can get up to the five star level without having all of them--though you need enough, whatever that is. It is also possible to have a settlement with 5 stars overall and find desperately unhappy people here and there.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

A Nonny Moose

Well, turning down the nomads (immigrants) made the difference of missing an epidemic or two, and since I was having a population explosion at the time, things settled down into a fight to make up the 20-30K production deficit in the food supply.  In the end I failed to produce either enough trade goods nor farm produce to keep people from starving.  I concluded that this village had turned into a bit of a moribund mug's game, and so deleted it.

Today, I started a new village (medium level) and have it along about five years now, with good result so far.  Nothing special, just drifting along carefully looking after the TP and increasing production.

If anyone is interested, I have a BASH script that cleans out the save directory in one swoul foop.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

assobanana76

ok .. all clear!
let's say place several churches and cemeteries is useful because it reduces the time of idle because citizens travel less road if these buildings are close ...
less time idle more time to work!!!!  ;D
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

assobanana76

Quote from: A Nonny Moose on June 15, 2015, 02:14:53 PMIf anyone is interested, I have a BASH script that cleans out the save directory in one swoul foop.

:o ehm.. what????  ;D

luckily for me, after 4 games failed, in the present finally arrived nomads!
because thanks to them (only a fortnight had no effect on food consumption and stocks) I'm able to fill all professions.
which allowed me to build new buildings for new professions ..

Your post this immediately raises a new technical question..
but... the nomads introduce diseases ??
the game is so racist?

irrelevant

There are no races in Banished. ;)

Merchants can bring disease as well. It's only a small chance, but it seems that the larger the group of nomads, or the more trading you do, the more likely to get disease.

Of course you can get disease outbreaks without nomads or trade either one.

assobanana76

in 60 years I have only had one case of influenza, by accepting, in two stages, 30 nomads in total and having two TP ..
.. then... we can say that I was lucky !!  ;D ;D

A Nonny Moose

@assobanana76 BASH script.  If you don't know, you don't run Linux, so it doesn't matter. 

I run a version of Linux called Ubuntu, and as a result must run Windows programs using a layer of the operating system called Windows Executive (wine) which does a pretty good job of doing just-in-time compilation of Windows calls into native mode calls.  Like all operating systems using a GUI, it has an underlying shell (scripting system), in this case it is called the Bourne Again Shell (BASH).  I haven't run Windows since XP was overtaken by Vista (2007) and haven't needed it.

assobanana76

Quote from: A Nonny Moose on June 17, 2015, 01:21:45 PM
@assobanana76 BASH script.  If you don't know, you don't run Linux, so it doesn't matter. 

I run a version of Linux called Ubuntu, and as a result must run Windows programs using a layer of the operating system called Windows Executive (wine) which does a pretty good job of doing just-in-time compilation of Windows calls into native mode calls.  Like all operating systems using a GUI, it has an underlying shell (scripting system), in this case it is called the Bourne Again Shell (BASH).  I haven't run Windows since XP was overtaken by Vista (2007) and haven't needed it.
all clear! thanks!
some time ago I try Ubuntu but cannot run Pokerstars...
so I return on Windows..

A Nonny Moose

One of the better options is to dual boot Ubuntu and Windows.  You have the choice of having the two systems side by side in the same partition or in two separate partitions.  Note that Linux will always make a partition (small) for swap space. 

The boot options are then presented by GRUB (GRand Unifiedl Bootloader) and you have 10 seconds to change the default.  But moving the cursor down one turns off this timer when you can choose whatever you need at the time.

I certainly don't miss ponying up license fees at the altar of Microshaft.

assobanana76

Quote from: A Nonny Moose on June 18, 2015, 09:04:59 AM
One of the better options is to dual boot Ubuntu and Windows.  You have the choice of having the two systems side by side in the same partition or in two separate partitions.  Note that Linux will always make a partition (small) for swap space. 

The boot options are then presented by GRUB (GRand Unifiedl Bootloader) and you have 10 seconds to change the default.  But moving the cursor down one turns off this timer when you can choose whatever you need at the time.

I certainly don't miss ponying up license fees at the altar of Microshaft.
I fear that my processor (which already struggling only with Windows) is not able to manage a double partition ..

A Nonny Moose

Quote from: assobanana76 on June 30, 2015, 01:01:00 AM
<snip>
I fear that my processor (which already struggling only with Windows) is not able to manage a double partition ..
I don't understand your objection.  The partitioning of the disk has little to do with the operating system, especially if you are running one or the other.  What HDD do you have?

assobanana76

Quote from: A Nonny Moose on June 30, 2015, 05:39:44 AM
Quote from: assobanana76 on June 30, 2015, 01:01:00 AM
<snip>
I don't understand your objection.  The partitioning of the disk has little to do with the operating system, especially if you are running one or the other.  What HDD do you have?
I'm not a great expert on pc ..
I know I have a "Pentium 4" from 2,8Gh if I'm not mistaken ..
I know, however, that 3/4 of my wishlist Steam are games that my current pc can not support ..