News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

[Beta] Tree Of Life

Started by Darkbibou, March 12, 2015, 01:50:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

assobanana76

Dark!
sorry.. but When I started with "only animal" I stopped following updates ..
have you solved the problem of grow wild fruit tree that fill the map in 50 years?
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

chillzz

Quote from: Darkbibou on April 23, 2015, 12:14:44 AM
Here is the description string for version 1.0:
thanx will add it asap.

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 22, 2015, 08:50:19 PM
if they can have some prefenrence... it can be a flag thing... i dont see picking a fruit over another fruit cause they like it more apple... i dont see
Quote from: RedKetchup on April 23, 2015, 01:00:32 AM
there is not any way to consume a specific resource instead of another

Quote from: Darkbibou on April 23, 2015, 12:14:44 AM
Concerning your consumption problem:
I don't know if there is a way to tell the citizen to consume a specific resource instead of another, I never looked into it ^^

I would not call it a problem, rather an observation of strange behavior.
thought it was some sort of bias towards regular game foods when these came available. i believe i've seen it before with other foods introduced, but nothing so strong as now. Maybe it's just a coincidence. And if it's not visible in the source, it might be just my observation perception ;)

i can't measure it, but i believe 100% there is a bias towards honey and meat (either venison or from pastures) above fish.

wild fruit vs regular it does look like it, but not sure.. Especially since supply now dropped due to high demand.

Quote from: assobanana76 on April 23, 2015, 01:05:21 AM
Dark!
have you solved the problem of grow wild fruit tree that fill the map in 50 years?
i'm in year 96 now, there's still enough fruit trees (original patches untouched)  but enough regular ones too.. the wild fruit trees are not overpowering anymore.
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

Darkbibou

Quote from: assobanana76 on April 23, 2015, 01:05:21 AM
Dark!

Yes, it's fixed :)

I haven't worked on the mod lately but V2 is still planned (might have to wait for my holidays though).

By the way, I have a problem with the forum lately: sometimes instead of the forum home I have a page with just a "pageok" message.

Is it only me who got this strange behavior ?

chillzz

nope several people have had similar problems, or no connection at all.
redketchup and me included.

paralias

i have the same problem when i try to open wob with mozilla firefox my default browser but when i try google chrome it works fine... strange

Gatherer

I had the same problem for 2 days. It went away after I re-logged to the forum (even though I was already logged in at the time). Weird.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

assobanana76

I had same problem only 3 day ago. then all is ok on using Opera on smartphone.
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Darkbibou

Hello there,

I've made some tests about production limits and it seems that if you don't set a specific limit on a production building then the game automatically add a Log limit.

As a consequence, it seems impossible to have a building without production limit :(

I think that I will set the Tannery with a food limit for V2.0 (even if it's less realistic).

Speaking of V2.0:

RedKetchup

Quote from: Darkbibou on April 26, 2015, 12:56:51 AM
Hello there,

I've made some tests about production limits and it seems that if you don't set a specific limit on a production building then the game automatically add a Log limit.

As a consequence, it seems impossible to have a building without production limit :(

oh that , thats sad ... that ... just sad (with Neytiri's voice)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

chillzz

Quote from: Darkbibou on April 26, 2015, 12:56:51 AM

damn too bad :/

those look like fruits/nuts from Colonial Charter..  will those be available in your  mod, or does it need both ToL and CC ?

what about 'wild' version of crop field crops..  there is a mod called 'pesky produce' which has wild crops near a cropfield.
i.e. when having wheat on a field,  there will be some wheat outside of the field as well, in the 'wild', like its seed was spread due to wind or insect/birds.  It;s an interesting mod, but somehow it does crash my game once in a while.

Darkbibou

The new fruit trees will be included in ToL (no CC requirement).

I believe that wild crops would be possible (in clusters like the fruit trees) but I don't know how they would behave during winter.

chillzz

in 'pesky produce' they'll get the same properties.. so they'll weather

Darkbibou

Quote from: chillzz on April 26, 2015, 08:36:40 AM
in 'pesky produce' they'll get the same properties.. so they'll weather

I'll give it a try but I think that it would be strange to create wild crops that can survive the winter.

chillzz

Quote from: Darkbibou on April 26, 2015, 02:16:20 PM
I'll give it a try but I think that it would be strange to create wild crops that can survive the winter.
they'll weather (die) in winter..   return on same place, or somewhere further ..

http://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/291-Pesky-Produce

Gatherer

Is it possible to include wild bees?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.