News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

[Beta] Tree Of Life

Started by Darkbibou, March 12, 2015, 01:50:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkbibou

Yeah, fruit tree are overpowered at the moment.

I didn't have time to work on it today but I will release a beta version tomorrow (and publish TimeIsMoney on BanishedInfo) :)

Darkbibou

I've modified the values of the wild fruit trees to make them less powerfull :)

Changelog:
- The Wild Animal Skin have a brand new 3D model created by @Maal (and adapted to the game by @RedKetchup)
- The wild fruit trees are now growing at the same pace than the standard trees. They can tolerate more neighbors but they reseed less far than standard trees does.
- The wild fruit trees can now spawn herbs when they are very old (during their last year)

Please, download it and tell me if the fruit tree rules the map after a few decades (or if they have vanished) :)

assobanana76

really thank you for your work!!!
but.. Darkbibou forgive me ...
I do not think I can help you in a fifty-year test ..
there have never even come with a city in 50 years!  ;D
for lack of time and the fact that I play at 1x / 2x I managed to build only two cities (ended badly for different reasons), and now I'm waiting to begin the third since Red began to think about his "NMT"!
since then I have not had a moment of time!
I hope to start soon Las Vegans and definitely try the version "animals" .. I  will can tell if graze well and reproduce in adequate number!
enough?  ::)
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Darkbibou

Any feedback is appreciated ;)

Darkbibou

I've updated the download link to fix a bug introduced in the previous version :)

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

assobanana76

finally tested!
I found, however, a strange thing ..
having chosen "animal" did not expect to find the keys to picking fruit in the toolbar ..  ???

however animals still are finally happy!
a beauty for the eyes !!
No problems discovered and listen to their verses is a pleasure!

thanks!!

if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Darkbibou

You will also get the tannery in "Tree" mode.

I have searched but it seems impossible to hide/show a specific toolbar entry based on the selected start condition :(

assobanana76

ok!
so if I click on the collection, nothing will happen having selected "only animals" ..

Darkbibou

Quote from: assobanana76 on March 31, 2015, 02:52:20 AM
ok!
so if I click on the collection, nothing will happen having selected "only animals" ..

Yes the "cut fruit tree" button will not select anything for destruction.

By the way, why do you only play in "animals" mode ? You don't like wild fruits ? ^^

assobanana76

scared me reading that after 50 years the fruit trees took the upper hand on the map!
and since I have had an incredibly window last night I started to play only "animals". sorry ..
but who knows when I will get to find time to continue!

RedKetchup

BUMP back to the top !!!
hehe
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Darkbibou

Thanks for the bump ^^

Did someone tried the latest version and want to share his impressions about it ? (particularly on the wild fruit tree part)

Darkbibou

Quick question:

Do you think that the forester needs to be able to plant any kind of tree ?

Small update:

I've slightly increased the spawn rate of the cornucopias and the amount of collected fruits by cornucopia.

Latest version can be downloaded here

chillzz

Quote from: Darkbibou on April 03, 2015, 01:27:42 PM
Quick question:
Do you think that the forester needs to be able to plant any kind of tree ?

short answer : yes
long answer : yes, but only if fruits of that kind is gathered beforehand. (if possible)
so not able to plant fruit trees, gather apples..   able to plant apple trees. etc .
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup