News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Jinxie - WIP Mods

Started by Jinxiewinxie, February 08, 2019, 07:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

galensgranny

The notice board serving as a town hall is wonderful idea!  I like to have town hall functions in various areas of the map, so I can easily see what's going on with the town, but there is no need or desire to have a bunch of large town halls.  So, I will certainly use your notice board/town hall.

kid1293

Hi.
Persistence pays off! You started with a bitty cube and now... you got a whole town! :)
Very good match to everything. A nice new take on old ideas.
This will be a keeper!

Jinxiewinxie

Woohoo! Thank you for the encouragement ya'll! =D

Abandoned

Hi @Jinxiewinxie , Just a few more words of encouragement  :) I hope progress is still being made on mod and all is going well  :)

Jinxiewinxie

Hi @Abandoned =) Ty for checking in! I took a couple days off from working on things to play with Red's new update XD

I do have a few new buildings though and my to-do list is getting shorter, woohoo!

Here's a Woodcutter that I'm still debating if it needs a fence around it or not:

and a Forester:

I've also made an Herbalist with herb storage:

and a Gatherer that has a couple more boxes of "gathered items" sitting around back that aren't shown:

plus a Fisherman's Dock:

and then lastly a trading post:

I'm SO close to having a full set! =) I just need a mine, a quarry, a hunter's lodge, a blacksmith, a tailor and maybe (if I'm up to figuring it out) a cemetery that matches and a pasture building+fence that matches =)

RedKetchup

everything is super cute :)
(i am just sad everything is so small^^)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Jinxiewinxie

Aww gosh, thank you Mr. @RedKetchup ! I was very sad to hear about your aversion to small buildings! I've scaled down the capacity of the trading post to just 10k (base game is 60k) and I'm trying to look at other ways to make the smallness less "cheaty". Like, its fine for a fishing dock to be small and have the same output as a regular fishing dock but for some buildings its definitely too overpowered to have the same numbers as base game.

Another idea I had was to make a new building called an Artisan Workshop where Artisan Scripts are created VERY slowly.. and then you need that script (or degree, certificate, etc.) in order to build some of the more cheaty buildings? Like maybe I'd have a regular blacksmith who only creates wood and stone tools but you can upgrade it to an Artisan Blacksmith (by using one of those Scripts along with the regular wood and stone log requirements) where they could create better tools with more diverse recipes (like Steel Tools, etc. etc.).

Do you have suggestions on how I could make it more fair for certain buildings?

RedKetchup

bah there is multiple ways.. more work units, more input items than regular, less radius, less capacity, less amount of workers, more WU to build things, require tier 2 and tier 3 items..., make the footprint bigger by addign details all around....

but don't put too much focus on my aversion, everyone knows my aversion :)
it is in my rights to have an aversion for something ???  ;D

Abandoned

@Jinxiewinxie  Glad to hear and see that things are going well.  :) Everything looks great, I like the wood cutter and forester and cute herbalist and gatherer.  Very nice progress.  Looking forward to the set and those rabbit hutches.  :)

Regarding production - limiting number of workers is best I think - mostly to only 1 worker - maybe 2 for fishing.  Smaller radius also good.  But since it is made to match vanilla and Kid's Tiny, I don't think extra building materials or dependence on other mods is good, I think bigger menus and artisans require bigger buildings.   Using this mod basic does not add a lot of items that many players might not want.  It would limit my use of Bitsy mod. Maybe save some of those things for Bity II  :) Just some thoughts.

Everything looking good so far.

Jinxiewinxie

I've been limiting worker numbers and scaling down capacity for sure. I might look at increasing the work required too since the building requirements are so small (like 5 log and 2 stone isn't very much.. but its a small building so it doesn't need that much.. but then again that's kind of cheaty..) There's a lot to consider XD  I'll scratch my Artisan Workshop + Item idea for now XD

Abandoned

:) I was just looking at pictures again.  A lot of nice little details, I like the fishing pier, and trading post too.  Very nice.  :)

Jinxiewinxie

Thank you! I realized that I need to make buildings I love or otherwise I get cranky while I'm working in Blender XD My first church and bakery were both kind of "bleh" to me, so I've been focusing on enjoying the process and making things that I find super cute, else the work itself suffers.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Jinxiewinxie on March 25, 2019, 09:03:32 AM
I've been limiting worker numbers and scaling down capacity for sure. I might look at increasing the work required too since the building requirements are so small (like 5 log and 2 stone isn't very much.. but its a small building so it doesn't need that much.. but then again that's kind of cheaty..) There's a lot to consider XD  I'll scratch my Artisan Workshop + Item idea for now XD

thats normal, it is unrealistic to ask 90 logs, 60 stones, 32 iron for a little something which looks suggest it has been made from 1 tree and half and no stone textures ^^
small footprint is one, no cost is another... so 2 payload that should be paid elsewhere :D thats my approach :) but last time i am talking about my aversion hehe

Please, anyone dont get mad at me, please :)

Jinxiewinxie

You basically walk on water to me XD I don't think I'm capable of being grumpy with you, heh! I'm just really weary of making something you dislike, since I look up to you and your work so much. Like how you felt that original small market was a cuss word.. It would break my heart for me to think that you consider my work to also be a cuss word is all XD

RedKetchup

haha don't worry. modders do that they want to do :) thats the beauty of the thing :)
Life is wonderful !

;D