News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Plantation for sale!

Started by kid1293, May 30, 2016, 08:49:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanypredator

Oh, sorry. Always mistake somewhere :-[

Only have you ever had 2800 wheat from 10*10 field? It is 700 because (int _createChance = 4;) - only one of 4 wheats brings "drop".

Why do you want to have additional steps? New items to all menus, that are without practical use?
But seems that agave can be used to make coarse fabric and medicines. Only that different parts are used, but you can make a raw material to look as a whole plant.

kid1293

Yes, I thought of making some sort of fiber, for mats, roofing, rope... whatever.
I could not find any use for it :)
It only requires a new chain of buildings you just HAVE TO build. Don't like that.

I don't like Tequila either, but there was a small challenge to it and interesting
to read about it. Agave is an old cultural plant and I don't regret it.
Plus - I had (almost) two buildings already.

I will adjust the figures and release it so we can see the reaction.

kid1293

I forgot to check - (int _createChance = 4;)
Thanks! :) :)

Tom Sawyer

Tequilla! Funny idea and the plant looks like copied and pasted from the real life. A long production chain is nice too. Your numbers I would like to check...

Let's think from the beginning. You have some fields around your distillery at the picture and it looks nice. I think we should have minimum 3 fields for a "tequilla cluster". Your 10x10 agave field produces 100 agaves. 400 is easier but 100 should be possible with a create of 4 educated and 3 uneducated by a create chance of 4. So an educated farmer makes 100 and a uneducated 75. One farmer can work for a profit of 400 trade value per year. Let me use $ for trade value (actually we have already money in the game). A food farmer makes 700$ per year on a 10x10 but I think 400 is enough. That's a price of 4$ per agave. Just like a herb.

So you have 300 agaves from 3 fields per year to mash. With the same setting from a tailor/toolmaker the masher works about 150 times in a year. To process the yield of 3 fields the masher should consume 2 agaves (300 agaves / 150 processes) to make 4 pulps educated and 3 uneducated. So you have 600 pulps and the masher should make a profit. Let's say 600$. More than the farmer because he is the next level of the chain. 600$ profit means pulps with a worth of 1800$ (1200 from the material + 600). 1800$ / 600 pulps = 3$. Thats the trade value of the pulp.

Now the Distillery. This is a job like a tailor or blacksmith. The education scale should be 2/1. He also works about 150 times in a year and should process the 600 pulps from the masher. 600 pulps / 150 = 4 consumed pulps processed to 2 tequilla educated and 1 uneducated. At the end of the year you have up to 300 tequilla from the distillery to make the people happy or unable to work or both. The distillery should have a profit too. Lets say 600 like the masher. That means, pulps with a worth of 1800$ + 600 profit = 2400. 2400$ / 300 tequilla = 8$ per tequilla. The same trade value as other alcohol in the game. That doesn't sound bad but it's not enough for your original high value tequilla. We need firewood for the distillery. 1 firewood in addition to the 4 pulps increases the worth of the product to 10$. If you want the firewood as additional material... I would like it because it makes an interrelation to the vanilla economy.

In summary:
1 agave (4$) -> 2 pulps (6$) + 0.5 firewood (2$) -> 1 tequilla (10$)

values for your mod:
rawmaterialAgave: trade value = 4, create = 4/3, create chance = 4;
rawmaterialAgavePulp: trade value 3, create = 4/3;
rawmaterialTequilla: trade value = 10, create 2/1;
AgaveMasher: consume = 2 Agave;
TequillaDistillery: consume = 4 AgavePulps + 1 Firewood;

It's only one of more possibilities and only a suggestion. Cheers! :)

kid1293

Salud!

I totally agree (must be the mushrooms).

Even without mushrooms you have a strong case.
I followed every step and as you said nothing about
weights I think I can keep them as they are.
A harvested agave 'heart' lies between 70-110 kilograms
That is more than a laborer can carry, so...

tanypredator was in on this argument too and the sum is
that I have to adjust it overall. That's what I asked for help with :)

I poke these new numbers in and then I let others test and comment.

Nice with a so detailed answer! :)

DesoPL

Kid i just love this set! This reminds me somehow i guess? Risen 2 plantation or something.

But there was houses and wild guys and pirates. :O

Tom Sawyer

Hola!

The weight, hm. Should not be a limit in the tequilla production. A citizen can carry the food that he eats in an entire year. They can even take a whole tree. Let it be 5 tonnes. They are lame but extremely strong.^^ Your 15 sounds heavy. On a 10x10 crop field with a yield of 700 wheat, they have to walk about 7 times to carry it home in theorie. It should be more because by a create of 28 they can't use the capacity of 100. Let it be 8 runs.  100 agaven / 8 runs = about 12 agaven per run. That means a weight of 8 to let they run like on another field. But a weight of 15 would also work. Then they have to run more. Put it in and post it. We can test it together.

kid1293

I went for Agave weight = 10
and I put it in download so it can be tested.

It's all your numbers @Tom Sawyer , so cross your fingers :)

Paeng

Quote from: kid1293 on June 08, 2016, 05:14:43 AMDo you know any additional steps or buildings that could be fun to have
with this mod?

Yeah...
* an open bin for the hearts - since you modeled them, make 'em visible, too... :P  ( -> storage)
* an oven where the hearts are baked (before mashing)... ( -> agave + furnace fuel or firewood)
* a Tequila Bar, with sth. like the pub meals? Recipe: Tequila + Salt...

:)

* And Thanks! for making one of my little dreams come true... ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

kid1293

@Paeng - If you look when building the masher you will see the oven in build02.

I decided to cut a few corners. Baking - mashing in one building. Fermentation
and distillation in another building. It does not make sense to build 4 houses just
to make tequila ...? In real life, yes, but now we have to think of the flow of the
game too.

Yes, Tom Sawyer told me to add firewood to the distillery but the baker slipped
my mind. Maybe an later update.

An open bin, (half-) full with hearts and NO hearts in inventory of the building
somehow spoils the illusion. I put a couple on the ground with the masher.

Else I hope I met your expectations and thank you for bringing me the idea!

Tom Sawyer

I made a first test and here a quick report. The farmers work as expected. 100 agaves per field dropped in packs of 4. With the weight of 10 they can carry 8 agaves and have to walk 13 times. Thats a lot if there is no barn next to the field. Maybe it would be better, they could carry 12 agaves (weight 7). The weight has also an effect on the mashers. They are not so efficient as in the calculation but it's not only a problem of the runs. 2 mashers produce about 250 pulps. The numbers are right. They consume 2 agaves and create 4 pulps, but they need much more time as expected. We have to understand the worktime and to increase the production to 600 pulps. With 2 mashers would be ok. The distillery is not working because it can't storage the pulps. There is something wrong with the flags. The plant is an eye-catcher. But the swedish red wood on the distillery doesn't fit to the mexican product. And in your beautiful country the agaves can't grow. :)

kid1293

:) OK. I run the same:
3 fields of 10x10 gave 300 agave
Masher with 2 workers (an uneducated came too, I missed that)
gave 564 pulp. That's OK but it took approx. 1 year (harvest to harvest)
for them to mash all agave. It's a little bit slow.
The distiller with two workers (maybe one uneducated a while)
gave 275 tequila and it also took one year.

No problems with flags, pulp is stored in distillery.

So - I will reduce weight of agave (7) speed up masher and distillery
and in general keep the production numbers.

kid1293

Here is where I am right now:

3 fields 10x10 (3 educated) - 300 agave
masher (2 educated) - 600 pulp
distillery (2 educated) - 300 tequila

They deliver much faster now and all production is done
just before next spring.  A perfect testrun.
I guess it should be possible to go with 1 worker in
masher/distillery and maybe make it to the next harvest?

Now to the color of the buildings. What do you people suggest?
A more orange woodplank? A pale green? Some other material?

Edit: Pictures to show as example
But I think the original red contrasted best against 'blue agave'

DesoPL

Why not both? They looks great!

Turis

Just add them all so we can choose by using the "F" key