News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Suggestion: Production bldgs should store produced goods

Started by Yandersen, January 27, 2017, 12:51:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 15, 2017, 11:48:47 AMso what exactly you need ?

Oh, I'm sorry if there was a little misunderstanding... I was just reacting to some statements in this thread - there is no particular request of mine, I'm good with what you have already made  :)

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 15, 2017, 11:48:47 AM
so what exactly you need ?

i already made for firewood....
Training camp has one for the logs...

what else ??

also , i need to know if i put ghosted and non ghosted in the same mod ? or do i need to make 2 seperated mods ? and what will prevent you to still download both even if you cant control yourself to cheat ? lol

@Paeng these questions are for everyone, not just at your attention ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Tom Sawyer

My intention was not to change this firewood storage. Just to talk about the upcoming idea to make more ghosted storages for other resources and why it is a cheat. If another version of this mod then I would like to see it as decorative item as I said at the beginning. Free to place here and there at houses or at a chopper and so on would be great. But without confusing the storage system.

calli74

I'm enjoying the ghosted fireword storage piles, it's handy to be able to put one in the firewood chopper for example, I don't see them as too cheaty, but an option for unghosted with more minamal storage would be nice too. Maybe in two separate mods to give players a choice if that's desired, but It's not something that bothers me if they are both in the same mod, everyone playes their own way and giving choices is nice where it's possible.

TheOtherMicheal

Quote from: calli74 on February 15, 2017, 12:59:54 PM
I'm enjoying the ghosted fireword storage piles, it's handy to be able to put one in the firewood chopper for example, I don't see them as too cheaty, but an option for unghosted with more minamal storage would be nice too. Maybe in two separate mods to give players a choice if that's desired, but It's not something that bothers me if they are both in the same mod, everyone playes their own way and giving choices is nice where it's possible.
I agree with everything @calli74 said here

RedKetchup

bah i did both. normal with 500, 1000 and 1500 weight

and a new icon, a ghost, where are the ghosted ones. 250,500 and 750 weight.

TheOtherMicheal

Nice  :)
Thanks @RedKetchup for offering this and thanks for the super fast mod making!  :o

elemental

Looks good. Are you doing any others like this? Stone piles? A tool rack?

RedKetchup

Quote from: elemental on February 15, 2017, 04:33:17 PM
Looks good. Are you doing any others like this? Stone piles? A tool rack?

Training Camp has log covered and also barrel (ale & grains) presently there to double them ghosted - non ghosted.

what should look a stone pile ? exactly like in the game , or like my woodpile/firewood... something more ... accurate ?

about tools ? that i dont know. (probably stones and whatever will be in another stand alone mod. but i still need to know how to draw it)

elemental

Stone pile probably isn't necessary. Unless you can think of a clever way to make it look really good.  :)

For a tool rack I was thinking something like a medieval weapons rack, only with tools. Axes, shovels, pitchforks, hoes, picks, hammers. As it is now they just throw tools on the ground in a stockpile and it looks pretty silly.

RedKetchup

i already have some decorative weapon racks in Training Camp.... maybe i can take those ^^

but i think i ll have to split Training camp in 2 or 3 modular pieces cause it is starting to get over 50MB (ghost this.... ghost that ....)

i will maybe do :

Training Camp : Main
Training Camp : Storage
Training Camp : Decorations

i have also another big thing to add to it .... a dozen of non-animated horses :) (which will give more value to the decoration part ^^)

QueryEverything

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Yandersen

"ok np. anyways, it was just to help the guy with its problem :S and at the end , he wasnt even liked it and he wasnt even grateful " gah your things are ugly  raww raww raww"
-Excuse me, what?! Did u read my answers or Brad3' interpretations of them? Because that what turned me on - he keep misreading and misunderstanding what I say and twisted the meaning - that is what I firstly ignored, but later get angry about. Mb my english is a problem, idk - not my first language. Anyway. I never called "ur things ugly" - in contrast, RK, I think ur models are the cutest by far, and that is what I said, actually, more than once. I just said that I do not like the ghosted storage and houses just for the fakeness of this tech, pretty much for the same reason TomSawyer does, as he explained:
"That's a good description. But citybuilding and resource management need required area to make sense. To create ghosted storage is the same as if we go in the resource templates and set weight = 0 for endless capacity. And what to manage then in the resource management game? Does not matter if in CC or with another mod. We already have this trend to remove requirements and limits from the game. Also required area by making things smaller and cheaper. In this way we are reducing the game more and more until there will be nothing left than a decorative scenery and the last step of reducing space is to make it ghosted (0 tiles). So if we want to keep the game alive we should keep its functions and limits. That's why I think better not to continue making ghosted storage buildings."
And don't get me wrong - I never asked for any favors - I was just making suggestions, shared my ideas about how things should be - in my opinion, put those thoughts into an open discussion to see if other people accept or do not like those, and if they do, if there are any modders would like to lift those into their mods. That is all. I am not a modder, I just brought up some suggestions and shared my opinion about some things as a user. So u blame me for criticism? Well, OK, didn't know only positive feedback is accepted there (like in a kindergarten?), just tried to be OBJECTIVE and straight, u know.  :)

As for the topic - initially, as I started that discussion, I was not aware of game mechanics and limitations, as I only had a gaming experience. Now I see the only way the initial suggestion can be implemented directly:

1) the storage for produced goods can be added ONLY to the output-only workplace buildings (that do not require any materials as input). The Gatherer Hut or Forester Lodge are the examples.
2) the workplace buildings that require input materials can NOT serve as storage for the PRODUCED goods: when capacity limit is reached, no input material can go in, thus stalling the production. That kind of workplaces can serve as storage only for the INPUT materials, not the output ones. As an example, the Cuttery Yard can act as a storage for the log, but not the firewood. Worth mentioning, that vanilla Tavern stores both input and output materials, that makes it prone to the stalling bug. However, due to a fast consumption and distribution of output material (ale) the building capacity is never actually reached.

Tom Sawyer

Please use the quote function @Yandersen. Quotes should always show the author. Otherwise we cannot see the right context. If you answered this quote of me, it might be a misunderstanding. It was about the idea of storage buildings in form of ghosted items like the firewood pile from another thread and how it can kill the game if we follow this trend. Not about your suggestion to include some storage in proper buildings. That is not ghosted storage because limited in area. For the gatherer shelter and a few more I have it on my list.

Abandoned