News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

No fodder after 5 years?

Started by CathyM, June 25, 2019, 08:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CathyM

Hmmm... I think this might be a glitch, but I'm not sure... with Editors Choice Lite, after a couple years, all the fodder seems to be gone - that is: I can't "remove fodder" using the button because there isn't any - even in the wild areas that I haven't harvested from! RedKetchup, could you give me any info/hints about how fodder works? I see that I can't harvest in winter, but even though there's lots around in the first couple years, it seems to not grow anywhere after the town's been around a while... I haven't figured out exactly when it disappeared, but I'm in year 22 and I can't find fodder (except for my fodder farmer)... anyone else seeing this? (My other mods are Debug, Colorful Houses, Mini Vendors)

Thanks in advance!

brads3

that is a known issue. map starts with fodder and it dies off over time. you can use a fodder hut to regrow more if you need.RED is aware of the issue.

RedKetchup

yeah after a time, you can only get fodder from fodder farm. the trees are living too long and it taking all the space available that kill off all wild fodder
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Artfactial

I haven't done any fodder farming yet, but I have made sure to keep making little glades in the near by forests to let flowers grow there, I assuming fodder grows there as well?
Either way, I'm not sure that's a viable way to really get a fodder harvest without the farm.
Just thought it was fun to have this kind of forestry management now in the game.:)

RedKetchup

it will be better in Rise of the Pharaoh :)
and when numbers will be ok... i ll will transfert the whole thing to RKEC :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

moonbelf

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 26, 2019, 07:01:14 AM
it will be better in Rise of the Pharaoh :)
and when numbers will be ok... i ll will transfert the whole thing to RKEC :)

Wow that will be great! Thanks Red :)

brads3

good to hear we will get another update to the RKEC with some tweaking. hopefully we get some larger meadows.

@Artfactial ,in my experience the fodder dies even in the meadows.i am not convinced it is just due to the trees choking it out. the flowers continue to grow and come back,but not the grass.

CathyM

Whew - I'm glad that I'm not losing my observational powers.  :-\ Well, now that I know that, I'll be sure to factor in a fodder farm or two... seems like they don't harvest that much, and occasionally I'm desperate enough to have laborers clear along the edges... the fodder dies even in the clear areas; I've definitely proven that for myself.

RK, I'm so glad to hear you're working on new stuff! I've really been enjoying all the creativity in EC, even Lite version!

BTW, I tried playing vanilla version on my laptop (Windows 10) and I get no sound at all... but it's not a big deal because the screen is really too small to enjoy it. I love my desktop's big Hi Rez screen!  ;D