News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Slink's Small Markets Version 4 - Now With Nicer Graphics!

Started by slink, October 10, 2014, 09:22:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Quote from: slink on October 26, 2014, 06:26:03 AM
I made it ysterday, when I posted it.

Quote from: slink on October 25, 2014, 03:48:26 PM
Got it!

No, I have is 2.3. I didn't realize that your "got it" meant there was a fix already. That was too fast!

slink

Quote from: irrelevant on October 26, 2014, 06:45:18 AM
Quote from: slink on October 26, 2014, 06:26:03 AM
I made it ysterday, when I posted it.

Quote from: slink on October 25, 2014, 03:48:26 PM
Got it!

No, I have is 2.3. I didn't realize that your "got it" meant there was a fix already. That was too fast!

Sorry!  ;D  I'll take longer next time.  ;)

Nilla

slink

irrelevant

Quote from: slink on October 26, 2014, 06:46:13 AM
Quote from: irrelevant on October 26, 2014, 06:45:18 AM

Sorry!  ;D  I'll take longer next time.  ;)
;D

irrelevant

irrelevant

Wow! I put a tailor across the street from a textile market; I don't recall ever seeing a tailor produce much beyond 150.

The textile market is a big winner!

The fruit market also is working well. Now looking for a place to put a smithy market and a couple of blacksmiths.

slink

Yes, specialized markets do change the best layout for the game.  I am torn between rebuilding an old, prosperous colony and starting a new one.

irrelevant

You really want to start a new one. All bets are off on what to put where.

slink

Breaking up the marketplace leaves room for a community centralized around a church and a school, instead of those two buildings being wedged into the corners on the outside of a circle.  It was a good request from Bobbi.   :)

irrelevant

Bobbi

Now, merge them with the @RedKetchup two story technology, and we will be all set.

irrelevant

Yeah, that's a big job. I've tried @RedKetchup's second story on every building that I have; bug ugly.  ;D

rkelly17

Quote from: irrelevant on October 26, 2014, 07:10:04 PM
Yeah, that's a big job. I've tried @RedKetchup's second story on every building that I have; bug ugly.  ;D

I think that what would be needed would be someone using @RedKetchup's technique, which is putting the footprints of the two buildings (they are actually two separate buildings in the game's opinion, which is the opinion that counts) right next to each other but doing the graphics so that they overlap. There is the rub: that is a non-trivial undertaking. The technique has been used in SC 4 custom content for some time, but I'm certainly not talented enough to do it. You'd have to do two separate new buildings and design them so they look good with the graphics right on top of each other.

RedKetchup

hehehe. a person can have an opinion ^^ not a thing ^^

game's opinion hehe. i never thought about that one.
My PCs always got opinions though since i used computers. one day i ve got 1 that totally refused a girl touch it ^^ was so silly.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .