Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BETA: New Medieval Town : v0.4 with Cathedral Wonder

Started by RedKetchup, February 26, 2015, 05:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vulgarian

Quote from: KIM16 on March 05, 2015, 08:11:17 AM
Maybe add a little balkony  :)

I had the same idea but you beat me to the punch. Either extending past the outside wall or receded would certainly mix up the appearance. Or for something really fancy, a double-wide veranda with double French doors. (Who says outcasts can't live in style?) :D

Paeng

Yeah, some good changes there - I like that you added a little thickness to the roofline, that looks good...

Some (gentle) color variations for the roof are cool, I like that slate grey you showed.

As for the brick walls for the second floor - does not really appeal to me, I prefer brick for the ground floor, stucco for the 2nd and 3rd floors... including the little coloring variations you did...  :)

If you spread those variations over the F-chain, I'm sure that will add to the overall look when building rows and clusters of these buildings, because they won't look completely uniform, but more like they were built in different years... doesn't need much, some subtle shades of greys and whites like you did now will do the trick nicely  ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

yeah me too. these brickwall at second floor gave me a little strange look. i didnt expected it.
these little test helped me to figure out better how it can looks like, and also i ve explored a bit some suggestions made.

the balcony i already thought alot about it from the very start.

but...
Quotea double-wide veranda with double French doors.
sorry i am french but i have no idea what is 'french doors' LOL

and yeah i can use some very very subtil (more subtil than my experiences) shades of greys and white.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

@RedKetchup French doors are double doors that open from the center, often with sidelights.

Example:

RedKetchup

RedKetchup

Floor 2 Model 3 :)

i had to go back after the screenshots to fix a couple of little error but nothing serious :)

RedKetchup

Stephen122334

Cant seem to download this for some reason, anybody know what is wrong?

irrelevant

RedKetchup

Quote from: Stephen122334 on March 06, 2015, 05:35:14 AM
Cant seem to download this for some reason, anybody know what is wrong?
maybe cause too big for the forum banwidth ? i dunno. gonna send you a link to my MSN OneDrive. there you will find all my mods too and this BETA.

Quote from: irrelevant on March 06, 2015, 05:47:27 AM
@RedKetchup Very nice modeling!

you like it ?

Vulgarian

RedKetchup

Quote from: Vulgarian on March 06, 2015, 07:09:42 AM
Quote from: RedKetchup on March 06, 2015, 12:50:39 AM
added some flowers to it :)
model 3 completed.

Fancy! :D

it is just the french door. look weird. like if missing something ^^

Denis de la Rive

[/quote]

It could be that the vertical edges between the window panels are too thin, and the horizontal ones too thick, it makes it look like 4 windows patched together, you could also add a contrast color as a frame around each individual door.  ;)

I really like your application of your ™ technology, it makes your work so useful.

On an other note; could you make the empty squares around your magnificent cathedral into road tiles so we can improve its placement in town squares.

Vulgarian

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 06, 2015, 09:11:22 AM

Could also be wider. Either the doors themselves or adding the side windows to make the doors more pronounced. But I'm not criticizing. I'd be happy to use it as-is.