News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BETA: New Medieval Town : v0.4 with Cathedral Wonder

Started by RedKetchup, February 26, 2015, 05:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

assobanana76

forgive me Red. allow me only a small request.
I do not even know if you can but you know that I am that of the strange things...
if you can do the "door" input whose pylons are based on earth but whose input can remain on the water.
ok. I did not explained well.. a kind of door/ bridge..
is clear?
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

haha , i admit, you got me there @assobanana76  :P

it is not a traduction problem, i used goggle and translated to french, that exactly what i ve read....

but it is the idea i dont ... catch , figure, or understand ^^

if you can take Microsoft Paint.exe and try to make me a very crude draw.... maybe i can figure out your idea :)

:P

;D
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

thx for the link @Gordon Dry , i bookmarked it (like many link/picture i have and use as inspirations for my medieval floors :) ^^)

chillzz

@assobanana76 do you mean a castle / city gate (Porte de Ville / Porta cittadina) like this :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_gate#mediaviewer/File:Koeln-Hahenentor-web.jpg

and maybe with a drawbridge ( pont basculant / ponte levatoio )
http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophaalbrug#mediaviewer/File:Oostpoort_Delft.jpg

or better yet.. both combined :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loevestein#mediaviewer/File:Slotloevestein.jpg

support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

rkelly17

Personally, if you do decide to do a castle or towers, etc., @RedKetchup, I would prefer that they be in a separate package. I love the houses, but I'm not sure I would want a full-on castle in the same package. I do like log palisades, though.

RedKetchup

Quote from: rkelly17 on March 10, 2015, 09:45:05 AM
Personally, if you do decide to do a castle or towers, etc., @RedKetchup, I would prefer that they be in a separate package. I love the houses, but I'm not sure I would want a full-on castle in the same package. I do like log palisades, though.

and you would refuse or prefer to not use the mod anymore if it include a castle in the package ?

chillzz

Quote from: rkelly17 on March 10, 2015, 09:45:05 AM
Oh log palisades :D  back to early medieval times or even pre historic ;)

seperate package? hmmm  it's the New Medieval Town mod, with both houses and work related buildings in medieval style, all grouped under its own menu icon. 
I wouldn't mind if it's one package with separate buttons for each item/group.
However, i can understand the "split" since one are functional buildings houses/workplaces  while the "castle parts" walls / towers  would be decorative  (e.g. NMT-Decorative)

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 10, 2015, 09:57:38 AM
and you would refuse or prefer to not use the mod anymore if it include a castle in the package ?
I personally would not ever refuse a RedKetchupTM mod, but based on size growing even bigger then CC.. i can understand someone might. However with your new knowledge of reducing size.. it might actually become a smaller mod, with more items :D
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

Denis de la Rive

I don't think anyone would reject such a quality mod on the basis of size, or the inclusion of walls. It has so many cool things that all work well together that size should not matter.  ;)

assobanana76

if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

rkelly17

If that were the only way to get those wonderful three-story houses I would use a mod that included every other mod ever produced throughout human history!  ;D  So, no, I certainly wouldn't refuse. As to preferences, my preference is always for mods that keep it simple and do one thing well. Just look at the mod list at http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=808.0 and you'll see what I mean. You'll also see a huge list of @RedKetchup mods, so what you have been doing is what I like.  :D  Now maybe if you made the castle look like early Quebec . . . .

This is why I have somewhat conflicted feelings about the CC mod. I love many of the buildings and would like to have them, but the whole package is just too much for my simple mind. I would not complain at all if the CC authors released a set of packages of specific buildings, but I wouldn't want to interfere with them pursuing their vision.

As to log palisades, @chillzz, they fit right into my vision of Banished as 17th-18th century settlements in northeastern North America. If they fit other scenarios, well, that's so much the better.

RedKetchup

Quote from: rkelly17 on March 10, 2015, 11:20:57 AM

If that were the only way to get those wonderful three-story houses I would use a mod that included every other mod ever produced throughout human history!  ;D  So, no, I certainly wouldn't refuse. As to preferences, my preference is always for mods that keep it simple and do one thing well. Just look at the mod list at http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=808.0 and you'll see what I mean. You'll also see a huge list of @RedKetchup mods, so what you have been doing is what I like.  :D  Now maybe if you made the castle look like early Quebec . . . .

bah it would look like... how you want to make it look ^^ it wont be a giant 20x20 tiles square and you put it there and... thats all ^^ you would build it with some pieces :) and if you want to use the pieces and do something else that is not a castle... would be your call :)

Quote from: rkelly17 on March 10, 2015, 11:20:57 AM
This is why I have somewhat conflicted feelings about the CC mod. I love many of the buildings and would like to have them, but the whole package is just too much for my simple mind. I would not complain at all if the CC authors released a set of packages of specific buildings, but I wouldn't want to interfere with them pursuing their vision.

yeah me too i feel like overwhelming :) like a brain wash ^^
i dont think my mod would be like that. they filled all the toolbars everywhere, me, everything is inside 1 bar :)

if you dont want to open THAT bar... everything else look like ... it always did :)

EDIT: threat that like a big giant 3 story house but with maybe 4-5 lvl that you add this there, add that hmmm... here... gonna put that thing at that place... and 3 years later put a couple more pieces, this one there, and that one there.... and life go on :) like you do with my houses ^^

Keep in mind, all, i already have alot to do ! it can be ... one day !! hehe

assobanana76

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 10, 2015, 11:20:15 AM
oh that ??? i see , no problem there at all !
oh!! great!!!!
but.. the main river will can float under?
that of Mathiueso can't do!

RedKetchup

Quote from: assobanana76 on March 10, 2015, 11:37:56 AM
Quote from: RedKetchup on March 10, 2015, 11:20:15 AM
oh that ??? i see , no problem there at all !
oh!! great!!!!
but.. the main river will can float under?
that of Mathiueso can't do!

of course ! same as a TP or fishing dock, or a bridge lol