News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BETA: New Medieval Town : v0.4 with Cathedral Wonder

Started by RedKetchup, February 26, 2015, 05:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

assobanana76

if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

chillzz

Quote from: rkelly17 on March 10, 2015, 11:20:57 AM
Just look at the mod list at http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=808.0 and you'll see what I mean. You'll also see a huge list of @RedKetchup mods, so what you have been doing is what I like.  :D  Now maybe if you made the castle look like early Quebec
yep, about the same list of mods i use, RedKetchup mods take 95% of my modlist ;)
The awesome thing about what RedKetchup is willing to make, at least what i've understand about it, is that you can build a walled medieval city to your likings... so Quebec, Carcassonne, Edinburgh etc.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carcassonne#mediaviewer/File:Cit%C3%A9_de_Carcassonne.jpg

This is why I have somewhat conflicted feelings about the CC mod. I love many of the buildings and would like to have them, but the whole package is just too much for my simple mind. I would not complain at all if the CC authors released a set of packages of specific buildings, but I wouldn't want to interfere with them pursuing their vision.
yeah exactly!  too much gameplay change in my opinion. can't have just one part, without installing the complete set :(
As to log palisades, @chillzz, they fit right into my vision of Banished as 17th-18th century settlements in northeastern North America. If they fit other scenarios, well, that's so much the better.
yeah like the palisades / forts they've build in the early 1600's in North America.. heck Wall street in New Amsterdam is named after one ;)
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

RedKetchup

Quote from: assobanana76 on March 10, 2015, 11:47:18 AM
I dunno why Mathiueso can not think about it!

you can do what you want with water , river and creeks :P

on the screenshot, unfortunately, the building is too short but .... you see it works.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

chillzz

nice! Venice, Amsterdam, and actually any place in the Netherlands with loads of water comes to mind now :O :D

RedKetchup

Vulgarian

Quote from: chillzz on March 10, 2015, 09:28:52 AM
and maybe with a drawbridge ( pont basculant / ponte levatoio )
http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophaalbrug#mediaviewer/File:Oostpoort_Delft.jpg

You beat me to it. I'm guessing this as well. The old drawbride across a moat. (Of course, we can't create moats in Banished... yet.) :D

assobanana76

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 10, 2015, 12:13:26 PM
Quote from: assobanana76 on March 10, 2015, 11:47:18 AM
I dunno why Mathiueso can not think about it!

you can do what you want with water , river and creeks :P

on the screenshot, unfortunately, the building is too short but .... you see it works.
first floor on water?
how can it possible??
I want it! I want it!! lol
or under there is a trick like use "flatten terrain tool"?
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

no, not at all, 100% functionning lol

you can do everything you want about that LOL, just need to make the graphic that look realistic and .... works great ! imo

chillzz

@RedKetchup
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wZDF7r2C01A/TDGXAsODFjI/AAAAAAAADAQ/ZNNvCr24PN0/s1600/binnendieze+huis.jpg

Actually a house on the river bank, gradually expanded with room(s) above the river :)

Quote from: Vulgarian on March 10, 2015, 12:28:04 PM
You beat me to it. I'm guessing this as well. The old drawbride across a moat. (Of course, we can't create moats in Banished... yet.) :D
hahaha not yet!  though there is a decorative canal mod..
i thought i did see a topic about excavation and landfill ..
but seems it's not possible yet, just the flatten to just above river height.

RedKetchup

hehe sure, just need time and skills :) specially time IMO

Chon Waen

The main thing I dislike about CC:EA is mainly the industrial inclusions.  In order for everything to work you need "these" industries producing "that", or to trade for them. 
Although you can do without this pretty easily (and I tried), the biggest problem for me is trade merchant clutter.  All of a sudden the boats are full of candles, glass, bricks, rope, etc.  He might have about 25 stone and a couple logs tucked away somewhere, but its a pain to get what you want in the quantities you want.

Thankfully, most of your buildings utilize stock resources (wood, stone, iron)  to create them.  This means that they can be more easily split out into separate packs if it comes down to it.  Although you could split the packs about 4 ways (houses, industries, castle, and town services), if you are going to split it, only industries(with their houses) should possibly be split out.  Truthfully, only the mills and bakeries should really be split, unless there is a major change of how the others operate.

In short:  Same resources used but tweaked <----- over here, over there-----> new resources created even if its a redone building.

If you want to add new processes like was discussed over in the food stretching thread, it should be lumped in with mills and bakeries, because you are creating a new resource.

Bobbi

A) The reduced poly walls look fine to me.
B) I don't think shops should be split from houses into separate mods because ultimately, of course, you are going to design first level shops like apothecary, medical clinic, barber and other stuff. Right?  ;D ;D ;D
C) The decorative walls and stuff for castle could be separate if that's what most people want, but I would download both anyway, so it makes no difference to me.

Chon Waen

@Bobbi here's the thing, apothecary=herbalist but smaller shop. Thats fine lumped in with everything else.

What I want to see separated from the main are those structures that add resources not in vanilla (miller, food preservationists, dairymen, bakers, etc.). Unless the barber requires soap to work he's fine lumped in with the new houses as well.  What is daunting to many is the overwhelming influx of new production chains required to get your town to work. 

If you don't want to build the new cathedral, you don't have to.

If the mod adds flour, bread, jerky, new clothes, rope, books, soap, wax, candles, glass, bricks, and whatever else, you will have to deal with those resources in the game whether you want to or not.

Thats the difference, and imo, the proper dividing line for a split.

In the case of what we have, the mill, bakery, and bakery residence should be in a different mod. If its possible to keep the current build ui tree if someone does want the enhanced resources as well, that would be perfect.

Bobbi

I think I get what you are saying. I like production chains, they add complexity. Within reason. But it would be nice if they were optional, choose to add production chains or not. One of my things is that I do not like the addition of all kinds of extra foods and such that serve no additional purpose except to expand the crazy number of items listed in the game. Cherry pie AND apple pie AND blueberry muffins AND plum pudding AND the list goes on.   :o Why? They serve no purpose, unless they combine two nutritional needs. Or more trade value. But even so, do we really need so many? But clearly, this is just MY opinion. Everyone else keeps asking for more and more products on the menu. I used to try to play as minimized game as possible, one fruit, one grain, one veg, one protein, just so that I wouldn't have to keep track of so much stuff in my markets. If you never buy nor produce something, it never shows up on the list. Now I just give up and deal with the fact that I'm going to have to keep track of five billion products.
OK, my rant is over.   :-X  And like I said, apparently I am pretty much alone in this opinion.  :'(  ;D

RedKetchup

i see. very good comments from both of you. thats what i call : constructive comments and constructive criticism.

not just a simple criticism 'you should do this' or 'you should do that' and try to make it pass as constructive :P cause you said the 'word'

i will think about your opinions :)