News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BETA: New Medieval Town : v0.4 with Cathedral Wonder

Started by RedKetchup, February 26, 2015, 05:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

assobanana76

considered that with the water of the river you can do all .. why not an old pier decorative with two or three boats ?

enough medieval??  ;D ;D

if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

assobanana76

other medieval ideas I will think of you .. get ready !!  ;D
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

assobanana76

an innovative way to get over the mountains..
integrated with the medieval walls?

Denis de la Rive

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 11, 2015, 05:20:01 PM

i know you guys you dont care about those numbers... but for me they are important ! :)

Now why would you think this, I understand what you are doing and why, its just an other example of the quality of your work.  :)

Vulgarian

Jonarus_Drakus

Some kind of medieval 'long range' fishing dock perhaps? Much larger AoE, but slower production speeds?

~JD

Chon Waen

Alternate for looks, sure. The biggest problem I foresee though is the simple fact that Banishim don't want to use boats at all.  The magical mystical venerable boat merchants seem to have that one locked up.

assobanana76

my ideas were simple decorative pieces for the river..

RedKetchup

presently my time is dedicated to reduce the charge on CPU and GPU. i optimized Floor 1 Model 1 to 4 earlier this week, i did Floor1 model 5 and now i am at Floor 1 Model 6.

once that made, i will post the numbers :)
and i will also make some little adjustments which i always need to do ( make sure this roof or that one doesnt overflow the 2nd floors and get graphical bugs ... )
and then i will combine ALL Floor 1 in one single .FBX file :) and i hope i really understood the @slink  explanation about to have all model their own dummies ( use_001 , build_001 , build_002 and points ) ^^

btw also now we have more flowers colors :) Red ones, Blue ones, Yellow ones, Orange ones, White ones and Purple ones :)
and that in 'bac of flowers' and 'barrel of flowers'
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Bobbi

RedKetchup

Quote from: Bobbi on March 13, 2015, 09:15:53 AM
Appreciate all your hard work, Red

a pleasure :) i still love to do that :)

Floor 1 ALL 6 models OPTimized now !!

OLD Non-Optimized      |     NEW Optimized
                       |
_______________________|_______________________
Floor 1 Model 2:       |
- FBX File: 846kb      |   499kb
- Polygons: 32,556     |   14,642 polygons
                       |
Floor 1 Model 3:       |
- FBX File: 868kb      |   438kb
- Polygons: 32,521     |   12,060 polygons
                       |
Floor 1 Model 4:       |
- FBX File: 745kb      |   447kb
- Polygons: 28,690     |   12,372 polygons
                       |
Floor 1 Model 5:       |
- FBX File: 714kb      |   437kb
- Polygons: 27,215     |   12,329 polygons
                       |
Floor 1 Model 6:       |
- FBX File: 679kb      |   413kb
- Polygons: 25,111     |   11,722 polygons
                       |

Total:                 |
- Total FBX: 4,579kb   |   2,623kb
- Total Poly: 174,073  |   74,471 polygons

2,623kb instead of 4,579kb = 57% (saved 43% disk space and memory)
74,471 polygons instead of 174,073 = 42% (saved 58% CPU charge)

Chon Waen

Sweeet!  Hopefully this will help reduce my lag!  I start to lag at about 500 citizens currently. 
I am honestly not sure if its due to graphical rendering (honestly I don't think so), or pathfinding routines (much more likely on my older dual-core laptop)

But any optimization is an awesome thing in my opinion!

Although I understand the logic of using libraries for programming, it still bugs the hell out of me that sometimes you have to put a 500mb file into memory just to get a couple of 2mb (or smaller!) routines out of it.  This isn't as much an issue for Banished, just in general.

Regardless,  thank you @RedKetchup  for your hard work on this!

Denis de la Rive

Wow! nearly 100 000 ploys, must be a lot of work, you must be  :P by now, thanks for the hard work.

Vulgarian

Quote from: Bobbi on March 13, 2015, 09:15:53 AM
Appreciate all your hard work, Red

+1

And I'll raise you a "love your work" to boot.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Denis de la Rive on March 13, 2015, 11:19:23 AM
Wow! nearly 100 000 ploys, must be a lot of work, you must be  :P by now, thanks for the hard work.

yeah thats specially cause the flowers. this is why there arent alot of those things in the game, yes there are the trees but that about it and the crops. the original flower mesh i took on the internet was 50% smaller (i had to double it to cover a bac of flowers that is made in more in width) had 388,000 polygons (so after double side flowers = over 776,000 polygons).
when i got it and saw the number of polygon , i right away used a tool to optimized it and delete 80% of total polygon. then i tweaked it a bit, deleting some useless elements in it (pistols in center of the flowers... hidden stalks of the leaves.... etc) and lower the number of polygon overall. And then i worked with it.

i still found that too high, and this is why i over tweaked it this week.

after that,
the most useless polygons i have in my models are all the pieces of wall, of wood, of every element. all their hidden sides. like a dice, they have all 6 sides. when they imbricate one in one, there are always some side of the dice that become useless because they are 'inside' of another piece...

but i really dont want to delete everything and make as what i call : " an empty cardboard box " like the Majestic Cathedral. thats an example of empty cardboard. it is ONLY a facing. and when you try to take out some pieces , and try to make a progressive building process (build01,build02,build03... at 25% 50% 75%....) it is just a useless s*ht.
a piece of wall that is only 1 simple plane , it is just a facing, and not a real 3D piece. that is really bad. once in game you turn the camera some wall disappear from the screen and reappear in another camera angle while other wall disappear. thats totally ugly and useless.

so i never wanted my building are made like that cathedral. so when i do the building process, all pieces are made of real 3D pieces and look awesome.