News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BETA: New Medieval Town : v0.4 with Cathedral Wonder

Started by RedKetchup, February 26, 2015, 05:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chon Waen

Its also why there are so few moddlers as compared to stat tweak modders.

Adjusting the behavior of things seems to me a lot easier than creating a game model from scratch (or even another 3-d model) and assigning behaviors.  The former requires decent analysis skills for a good result.  The latter requires artistic talent.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Chon Waen on March 16, 2015, 06:41:10 AM
Its also why there are so few moddlers as compared to stat tweak modders.

Adjusting the behavior of things seems to me a lot easier than creating a game model from scratch (or even another 3-d model) and assigning behaviors.  The former requires decent analysis skills for a good result.  The latter requires artistic talent.

yeah exactly. and it takes a good 2-3 months to learn a such program like 3dsMax. i am still learning for years (i was talking about just the basics)
the problem with other model (like i talked about the Majestic Cathedral) they optimized it too much they becomes useless. it is only 1 facing thats all (an empty cardbox like i call them)

i have a bigger artistic talent than an analysis mind. but i have an angelic patience and a methodist mind.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

purringcat

Love your new three story buildings with the window box flowers.    Great addition to the game.   And really love having the original blacksmith/weaver again.   
Can just feel that warm coat that was tossed for a Navy pea coat.       
Wish there was a small rural school   8)

How do buildings (and other models) made for SC4 in 3D Max compare to those made for Banished.   There are a lot of models floating around from that game.
I know most of them are high poly tho.

RedKetchup

thx for the reply :)

yeah it certainly feel so good to return to the basic of a lovely vanilla banished game with something that doesnt mess everything around like crazy ^^

for SC4 i never tried to download an sc4 3D ... i am not even sure what is exactly :P starcraft ? i thought they were only at starcraft 2 :P
see ? i dont even know what  SC4 is !! hehe

EDIT : OH
QuoteGuest   11:08:56 AM Viewing the topic SimCity 4 Deluxe.

Oh i guess it is SimCity 4 !!! haha, my bad ! maybe at some point gonna try to find one to dl and see.

purringcat

lolol    I just assumed that people here were all former (still) SimCity 4 players.    Sorry about that    ;D

This is an example of Xannepan's models that he uploaded for others to use.   It's in max format along with his textures. 
It's also 4.63MB

RedKetchup

Bobbi

@purringcat, you said
QuoteWish there was a small rural school
. What do you consider the basic Banished school? Just curious.

RedKetchup

btw, i just fixed an issue with bakery and CC:EA mod if CC:EA was first in the list. it was making the bakers unable to store flour in the bakery and returning back and forth with the flour in the hands for the eternity ^^.

in next build the problem should be fixed, no matters if NMT or CC:EA comes first :)

THANK YOU @kralyerg :)

purringcat

Quote from: Bobbi on March 16, 2015, 03:55:00 PM
@purringcat, you said
QuoteWish there was a small rural school
. What do you consider the basic Banished school? Just curious.

The CC-modded school can accommodate 40 students and is twice the size of the stone house.    It would be nice to have a small version the size of the stone house to put in very rural settings like the gatherer/hunter area.    Would also be nice if it fit under Red Ketchup's multi-story house.    8)

Just a personal wish   :)

RedKetchup

i will keep the suggestion in mind, i would need to think a concept about school and fitting under a 2nd Floor or even a 3rd Floor medieval house residence.

paralias

from what i have seen all this time @RedKetchup  your fan club want you to make a new banished at least at the model side of the game

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 18, 2015, 04:38:59 AM
i will keep the suggestion in mind, i would need to think a concept about school and fitting under a 2nd Floor or even a 3rd Floor medieval house residence.

This would be great! Many Medieval and Reformation era university professors had a lecture hall on the ground floor of their house where they did most of their teaching. Here's a picture of Philip Melanchthon's house in Wittenberg which is typical, but a half-timbered house like you normally do would work well.

Bobbi

@purringcat
QuoteThe CC-modded school can accommodate 40 students and is twice the size of the stone house.    It would be nice to have a small version the size of the stone house to put in very rural settings like the gatherer/hunter area.    Would also be nice if it fit under Red Ketchup's multi-story house.
I hadn't noticed that. I guess I haven't built any CC schools. Isn't the original school still there and available? I must admit I haven't been playing much, waiting to start a new game when @RedKetchup is further along in his medieval mod. A little school under the multi-story would be awesome.

RedKetchup

purringcat

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 18, 2015, 12:25:06 PM
CC School isnt my old College ?

The CC School is the original Banished school but employs two teachers and twice the number of students. 

Quote from: paralias on March 18, 2015, 08:58:36 AM
from what i have seen all this time @RedKetchup  your fan club want you to make a new banished at least at the model side of the game

Definitely   ;D   And while you're creating .... a small doctor's office that fits under your houses would be great too.    The first floor house model can work for both of these with some added touches:    Sign hanging outside or school bell by the door.    Not asking for a swing set or anything   ::)