News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BETA: New Medieval Town : v0.4 with Cathedral Wonder

Started by RedKetchup, February 26, 2015, 05:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

yeah this weekend i will continue my 3rd floor models.
once that completed, i ll go back to 1st floor and do a set of commercial/services that will be able to put there

once the 3rd floor models completed i ll release a beta build (with 1 in german ^^)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Brathaehnchen

I miss somehow a nice rocking chair I can put in the front gardens.  ;D

chillzz

Quote from: rkelly17 on March 18, 2015, 09:18:25 AM
Quote from: RedKetchup on March 18, 2015, 04:38:59 AM
i will keep the suggestion in mind, i would need to think a concept about school and fitting under a 2nd Floor or even a 3rd Floor medieval house residence.

This would be great! Many Medieval and Reformation era university professors had a lecture hall on the ground floor of their house where they did most of their teaching. Here's a picture of Philip Melanchthon's house in Wittenberg which is typical, but a half-timbered house like you normally do would work well.

during and after the reformation even churches were build inside a house (attic/basement) or living quarters in the low lands, to hide em in plain sight.
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

Vulgarian

Quote from: purringcat on March 18, 2015, 01:14:51 PM
The CC School is the original Banished school but employs two teachers and twice the number of students. 

That's odd. I'm running CC:EA and have never been able to increase the number of teachers in the standard school. Are you sure that's part of CC or could it be another mod increasing the vanilla schoolhouse?

chillzz

Quote from: Vulgarian on March 18, 2015, 08:21:55 PM
That's odd. I'm running CC:EA and have never been able to increase the number of teachers in the standard school. Are you sure that's part of CC or could it be another mod increasing the vanilla schoolhouse?
My guess would be ApophisXP Better Schools : http://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/34-Better-Schools

purringcat

Quote from: chillzz on March 18, 2015, 08:25:53 PM
Quote from: Vulgarian on March 18, 2015, 08:21:55 PM
My guess would be ApophisXP Better Schools : http://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/34-Better-Schools

It is ApophisXP Better Schools not CC 

Bobbi

Interesting school mod, but my preference is to have small schools all over the place so that the students don't have to walk too far, and one Adriana's college in town, of course. A school with 2 teachers that holds up to 50 students would be useful in a higher pop situation, but mine never get that large. Once I approach 1000, the lag is horrible, so I just start a new town as soon as there are interesting new mods to try out. I used to love the challenges on WoB, forcing me to do new things, but neither of the most recent suggestions have interested me. I can't play without pausing, and I didn't want to build a town with just boarding houses.

RedKetchup

so it is kinda a nerf or a cheat. same school ? with exact same model ? exact same building cost ? taking the exact same space ? but +150% more students ?

btw : weekend arrived :)
tonight i have a little raid (the one that was saturday got rescheduled tonight friday) but after i ll continue my models :) and tomorrow i m free all day ^^
i just fixed all the roofs that were overlapping the other models, so now what ever the first floor model or 2nd floor, we shouldnt see anything anymore when you build a new floor, a new story, ontop of it :)

chillzz

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 20, 2015, 03:23:09 PM
so it is kinda a nerf or a cheat. same school ? with exact same model ? exact same building cost ? taking the exact same space ? but +150% more students ?
Exactly same cost to build, same model. max 50 students, max 2 teachers. no clue what 'nerf' is, but it's kind of a cheat yes. Although a building like that should already hold somewhat more students then the default 20 and somewhat more teachers..

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 20, 2015, 03:23:09 PM
btw : weekend arrived :)
tonight i have a little raid (the one that was saturday got rescheduled tonight friday) but after i ll continue my models :) and tomorrow i m free all day ^^
i just fixed all the roofs that were overlapping the other models, so now what ever the first floor model or 2nd floor, we shouldnt see anything anymore when you build a new floor, a new story, ontop of it :)
Enjoy your raid! :D

RedKetchup

nerf is maybe more a world of warcraft term that mean about all difficulty has been deleted and made more trivial

Vulgarian

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 20, 2015, 06:28:06 PM
nerf is maybe more a world of warcraft term that mean about all difficulty has been deleted and made more trivial

I think it goes back to the "nerf" toys -- the ones made of soft, spongy styrofoam. The ones that you could use to hit someone as hard as you wanted and they would barely feel it. :D

So it works for the way it's used in gaming. As you said, making it trivial (painless).

Brugle

Quote from: Vulgarian on March 20, 2015, 09:56:29 PM
I think it goes back to the "nerf" toys -- the ones made of soft, spongy styrofoam.
Not that it matter, but nerf is made of polyurethane foam, not styrofoam.

RedKetchup

just finished to optimize my big 3rd floor model :) the one with the tower in the back :)
it is starting to be long to do ^^ they are big, and they also cover some lvl 1 and lvl 2 floors on one side :)

i didnt kept the old model to compare but i know the final .pkm just shrunked again of another 2MB (just for that model ^^)  ! ! !

tommorow i will do a new one ' Y-A-Y ' ^^

Bobbi

Great! Pleased to see the work continues. Hope you enjoyed your raid.

Fellow Villager

hey red, when do you release this new masterwork????
now!!!
:-) love you