News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BETA: New Medieval Town : v0.4 with Cathedral Wonder

Started by RedKetchup, February 26, 2015, 05:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

you mean add interior wall in the back, and maybe to the side of all 2nd floor models ?

can you find a screenshot in this thread and open it with maybe paint.exe, and use the sinple tool to illustrate your thoughts ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

btw this is really an impressive screenshot i have here :)

cathedral bigger (also i made some changes : 4 builders (down from 8 = 2x more time long to build) , i also doubled the amount of #workunits (so x2 x2 = 4 more time long) the footprint gone up from 12x20 to 14x24 tiles

Gatherer

This stall looks out the back of a house. If I positon it to the front then I'd like to close the back with a wall. 1x4 size wall would only work if there are 2nd and 3rd floors built. If only 2nd floor is built then there needs to be a side wall too.

This is only theoretical, since I'm only asking about this because of CC:EA mod which uses small vendor stalls. It not need be part of NMT mod. It can be a standalone micro-mod with just one 1x4 wall for the back and one 1x5 wall for the side.

Hope this gibberish makes sense.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

i am not sure exactly where the wall should end to be but i know something, it absolutly need to be part of the 2nd floor because this :

if i do a stand alone wall : it will automatictly need to be 1x4 tile (or minimum 1x1 tile and the 3 other in graphic overlap) because you need to be able to 'destroy' it and also depending this 1x4 or 1x1+ tile will prevent the house to be build (you will get a 1x1 red forbitten tile that will prevent any construction over it)

understand what i mean ?

so it needs to be part of the 2nd floor.

chillzz

Quote from: Gatherer on March 25, 2015, 04:02:38 PM
This is only theoretical, since I'm only asking about this because of CC:EA mod which uses small vendor stalls. It not need be part of NMT mod. It can be a standalone micro-mod with just one 1x4 wall for the back and one 1x5 wall for the side.
Actually, Small Vendors mod has a farm stand, which will fit perfectly underneath too.

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 25, 2015, 04:14:02 PM
i am not sure exactly where the wall should end to be but i know something, it absolutly need to be part of the 2nd floor because this :

if i do a stand alone wall : it will automatictly need to be 1x4 tile (or minimum 1x1 tile and the 3 other in graphic overlap) because you need to be able to 'destroy' it and also depending this 1x4 or 1x1+ tile will prevent the house to be build (you will get a 1x1 red forbitten tile that will prevent any construction over it)

understand what i mean ?

so it needs to be part of the 2nd floor.
ground level 1st floor.. 2x4 ?  i believe it will still fit with a stall ;)

and just looked at the new screen dumps.. awsome!  can't wait until new beta release :D
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

RedKetchup

@Gatherer  i just modified your screenshot you provided to understand where in the back :

2 screenshot : 1 with wall fully in the back , equal with other wall in there (i made a copy paste) and the other one, i used a black pensil to try to draw a wall more further inside the house, but still in the back of the house

RedKetchup

Quote from: chillzz on March 25, 2015, 04:17:12 PM
Actually, Small Vendors mod has a farm stand, which will fit perfectly underneath too.

thats me who did the design and the graphic of that mod, i provided the graphic files to Elfecutioner :)

chillzz

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 25, 2015, 04:28:46 PM
Quote from: chillzz on March 25, 2015, 04:17:12 PM

thats me who did the design and the graphic of that mod, i provided the graphic files to Elfecutioner :)
Yes thats the one.. couldn't remember the mod creators name.. 
and yes you did both the stall and the shop ;)

Darkbibou

This mods keeps getting better and better !  :D

I'll need to translate it into french and publish it for the french community !

Gatherer

@RedKetchup

Yeah, that's what I had in mind. At first I thought of "closing" the back by just putting trees behind the house.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

assobanana76

where does that single stall?
I do not think one of those CC: EA ..
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Stephen122334

The smaller vendor stalls are in the tab with the market and rural market in CC:EA

RedKetchup

so that model is completed :) i had to do couple of little changes because it didnt hide 100% completly some Floor 2 models, but now it is good :)

i LOVE how the tower imbricates with the walls of all floors in the back :)
maybe at some point i will just have to go back on Floor 1 models and just side the window in the back a little bit to the right :) but it doesnt urge :)

now i need to get another awesome idea for next model. it needs to be very different, no more towers.... 2 is enough ^^

RedKetchup

by the way... this is Floor 3 Model 3 (Floor 3 Model 2 = the square tower in the back) , the Floor 3 Model 1 is the one you have, but i will modify it a bit, i will add gables to it :) 2 or 3 gables and will look similar to floor 2 models :)
(it is for Bobbi :) hehe)

chillzz

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 26, 2015, 10:56:29 AM
now i need to get another awesome idea for next model. it needs to be very different, no more towers.... 2 is enough ^^
Looks superb!
What is it that you are looking for? which era.. early middle ages, late middle ages, gothic, tudor, Hanseatic League, Renaissance VIesiècle (500) Haut Moyen Âge, crusades. Which region?

Gables :
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pignon_à_échelons
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pignon_à_volutes
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanse