News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BETA: New Medieval Town : v0.4 with Cathedral Wonder

Started by RedKetchup, February 26, 2015, 05:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

none of these presently :-\

presently working on a big abrupt roof that goes high but starting lower, almost at lvl 2, with maybe a large plane on top

and with a large gable to the right part in front that goes out of the roof and going further but sustained by wood beams so it doesnt fall of the roof (which we dont see yet on the screenshot)  ;D
a bit like the one i made to the left but square

i will maybe make curves in the roof each side like '(' <= this caracter
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

chillzz

ah yeah.. i can see what you want to do. looks promising :)
basically you want the wood structure to support, about the same style you did with the medieval tavern ?

What about a Gable Dormer? like in the image included. 
you could easily do 3 variants.. 1 to the left (right side regular roof)
1 to the right (left side regular roof)
1 in the middle

when building a "street"  with 5 houses in a row : Left gable dormer,  regular (lvl 3, type I),  middle gable dormer, regular (lvl 3, type I), right gable dormer.  it will look like a huge medieval city block :O
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

RedKetchup

a little bit more fantasy like the draws i made on your picture with paint.exe but a little more huge. like if the roof has been made long time ago and that gable has been added recently to expand the house :)

RedKetchup

but presently i am trying to figure out how i can close the roof for the other gable to the left ^^

i shouldnt have made an hexagonal piece ^^ complicating everything LOL

chillzz

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 26, 2015, 01:35:14 PM
a little bit more fantasy like the draws i made on your picture with paint.exe but a little more huge. like if the roof has been made long time ago and that gable has been added recently to expand the house :)
yes thats' exactly what i was thinking.  another option would be to have the roof in a 90 degree angle, so the original level 3, type I roof,  but copied, turned around and pasted against the roof.

enclosed is a topview of octogonal roof gable and a way to continue the roof on the gable.

ah crap.. HEXagonal..  well the method should be the same.. from the midpoint of the gable, where you have a straight line from x-y 90deg from the roof.
then add it to the existing roof, like image 2.
I know easier said then done, i'm no 3d modeler ;)

RedKetchup

i should have rather made an Octa then an Hexa ^^
where thing is complicating is :

you have something at 0 degrees , to the right it is 90 degree , and between should be 45 degres...
but you also have a 45 degres also in the other way (the highest point toward the back of the plane).

in 3dsmax is easy to take the front and rotate the top to the back of it and give 45 degres. same to take the right panel and sent the top to the back of it at 45 degres. where thing complicate is the 45 degres panel i cannot rotate 45 degres toward 'its' back of that 45 degres lol

it is or rotate x or rotate y , but not rotate a 45 degres between the xy ^^.

i ve put there a cone at 6 face (an hexagonale cone) and i am trying to place those pan accordingly to these 45 degres pan (of the hexa cone) but not easy lol. and the shape , that way the hexa cone texture if , it doesnt seems a perfect triangle like in your picture, it is more like .... hmmmm. i ll do a draw lol

the black triangle = a perfect triangle, but the 45 degres panels looks more like the green triangle ^^ (or at least the way the hexagonal cone seems to draw it ^^)
i forgot how they called these kind of triangle with all 3 sides different lenght ^^

RedKetchup

my best draw but so far of perfect, i know the game will show me all the imperfections like a big red ballon in the blue sky ^^
specially when it snows ^^ it will be ugly lol

chillzz

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 26, 2015, 03:52:35 PM

you have something at 0 degrees , to the right it is 90 degree , and between should be 45 degres...
but you also have a 45 degres also in the other way (the highest point toward the back of the plane).

in 3dsmax is easy to take the front and rotate the top to the back of it and give 45 degres. same to take the right panel and sent the top to the back of it at 45 degres. where thing complicate is the 45 degres panel i cannot rotate 45 degres toward 'its' back of that 45 degres lol

i ve put there a cone at 6 face (an hexagonale cone) and i am trying to place those pan accordingly to these 45 degres pan (of the hexa cone) but not easy lol. and the shape , that way the hexa cone texture if , it doesnt seems a perfect triangle like in your picture, it is more like .... hmmmm. i ll do a draw lol

the black triangle = a perfect triangle, but the 45 degres panels looks more like the green triangle ^^ (or at least the way the hexagonal cone seems to draw it ^^)
i forgot how they called these kind of triangle with all 3 sides different lenght ^^

yeah an octa does look somewhat easier to make.  i think you mean a acute or obtuse scalene.
i never was a math wonder in school but geometry looked like fun..  it does make more sense nowadays ... basically you want to make a (partly) hexahedron bipyramid as roof for the gable, with one part 'vanishing' into the base roof.

hmm rotating in x,y,z plain shouldn't be that hard i guess. doesn't 3dmax allow you to rotate negatives like -45deg. or as full circle : 0,45,90,135,180,225,270,315,360 (and anything inbetween) ?

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 26, 2015, 04:11:51 PM
my best draw but so far of perfect, i know the game will show me all the imperfections like a big red ballon in the blue sky ^^
specially when it snows ^^ it will be ugly lol
Lol!  it's not that bad.. it's huge now in preview.. but in game?   i probably won't even notice  since i dont have to zoom/hack  and most likely too busy with managing ;)

RedKetchup

Quote from: chillzz on March 26, 2015, 06:06:15 PM

hmm rotating in x,y,z plain shouldn't be that hard i guess. doesn't 3dmax allow you to rotate negatives like -45deg. or as full circle : 0,45,90,135,180,225,270,315,360 (and anything inbetween) ?

yes but i cannot rotate in 2 axes in same time, thats the real pain and real problem. i need to an axe, and then the other, and come back and to go back... a such pain.

for the moment i gone back to hexagone cone and textured it.... i am srill not satisfied cause it is too much 'blurred'
i ll see later

i still progressed over all :)

but warcraft raid is calling me now LOL

chillzz

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 26, 2015, 06:35:55 PM
yes but i cannot rotate in 2 axes in same time, thats the real pain and real problem. i need to an axe, and then the other, and come back and to go back... a such pain.
Ugh! you would think software like that should be able to do that!

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 26, 2015, 06:35:55 PM
for the moment i gone back to hexagone cone and textured it.... i am srill not satisfied cause it is too much 'blurred'
i ll see later

i still progressed over all :)

but warcraft raid is calling me now LOL

Sure is progression!
hahaha enjoy your raid!  i'll either go get some sleep almost 3am, or play some banished... decisions, decisions... hmmm :P

RedKetchup

Gatherer

^^Too many spikes imo.

http://shrani.si/?1k/fz/3ajgqg7u/progress-but-still-not-s.jpg

What about placing that hexagon/octagon to the left side and higher than the main roof?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

Also, how would that flat roof look like in the middle of two normal ^ shaped roofs?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

assobanana76

I believe that this really beautiful 2nd floor I can't put it on air!! lol
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

irrelevant

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 26, 2015, 03:52:35 PM

@RedKetchup whenever I need to draw a hexagon, I first draw a rectangle 5x8, then I draw 4 triangles, two along each long side. These triangles are 30-60-90, so the lengths of the sides are 3, 4, and 5.