News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Abandoned - Small Town USA - Story 100

Started by Abandoned, November 15, 2023, 08:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

Abandoned

Small Town USA - story 100 was the final story in the Smallville series which began Oct. 16, 2016.

I would like to thank @Savidan for the Banished World Map he made for me back in 2017.  It was first used in story 18.

Thanks also go to all the modders whose great mods contributed to the Smallville stories.  This includes: angainor88, Discrepancy, embx61, Jinxiewinxie, Kid1293, Kralyerg, Necora, Red Ketchup, and Tom Sawyer.

Thank-you especially for the following mods that were used in this story and other:

@EB for the Chapel and Statue Cristo Redentor

@Jinxie for the Festival Park

@Kid for the Christmas Mod, Frozen Ponds, and Gingerbread Village.

@RedKetchup for Colorful Little Houses, and Green House.

Mr. Red, while I was reposting the pictures in Newport story 12 the other day, I found a comment you made about the greenhouse and my reply.  I quote:

"Reply #7 on: April 17, 2017, 11:31:29 AM »
^^ you are still using this crappy greenhouse ?
Re: Abandoned - Newport - Story 12
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2017, 12:56:44 PM »
@RedKetchup , I happen to really like your crappy greenhouse and the seedlings, thank you very much. :)  It was one of the first mods I used from this site and I used it in Smallville and will no doubt keep using it."  End of Quote

I used that greenhouse in the first and the last story and many others, often just for the story without even a worker making seedlings.  I like that crappy greenhouse  :)

I would also like to thank all the weary travelers who read my stories and commented on them which encouraged me to continue and reach the goal of 100 stories in the Smallville World series.  Who knows, maybe there will be a Whole New World.

Wishing you all a healthy and happy New Year. 

Glenn

Yes, I agree, this crappy greenhouse is also one of my favourites,  :)

Now as far as the end of Small Town series all I can say is OMG  --  I'm crying in my pretzels   :'( :'(   and wonder if tonight will be another Hot December Night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgx2lnqnRAA

And like Star Trek, maybe we will boldly go where no man (or woman) has gone before, and if we're very lucky, maybe we see strange new worlds and witness their creation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIQsrvW6Ji4

And with this adventure came images of future possibilities, and life long dreams.  :-\  :-X   ;D

Happy New Year Abandoned and to one and all.

PS  I see the crying emoji still doesn't work.

Abandoned

catty-cb

thank you for this story and all the others over the years, its been a constant bright spot on the internet which these days makes a very pleasant change from all the doom and gloom everywhere else, and while I'll be rereading them for sometime to come over at simtropolis as you repost them over there, am going to be ticking down the days again to story 100

@kid1293 and @Abandoned thank you for the stories and the mods that went with those stories, while I don't say this as much as I should the work you have put into this over the years is very much appreciated   :)

Abandoned

:) Thanks @catty-cb  nice to hear  :)  I have a big job ahead of me, reposting pictures here and stories there at Simtopolis.  I look forward to doing a new one.

taniu

@Abandoned  ;D Goodbye, the last story from the Smallville series  :'( :'( :'(, I hope there will be new stories in 2024? ;) Me and my wife thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the wonderful adventures you wrote.

Abandoned

:) Thanks @taniu  I think I will miss Smallville.  There will probably be a new world.  :)

Happy New Year to you and your wife.  :)