News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RedKetchup - Creamery

Started by RedKetchup, September 06, 2014, 03:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mellowtraumatic

I think you should keep it at two workers. Between the two of them they should be able to keep the cream flowing. I think those numbers seem logical.

And I love the creamery building!

RedKetchup

alright, comments appreciated @mellowtraumatic thanks you.

and BTW , Welcome on World of Banished Forums :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

I think i prefer the lover alternative. Here are my arguments:
Let us compare with crop fields:
It is maybe not directly comparable: Fields produce full the first year, pastures need a couple of years (advantage fields). Fields are dependent on the wheatear, pastures not (advantage pasture). But I think it is still the best we have.
1 field 10*10 gives about 700 food with at least 1 worker (good whether). 2 fields 1400.
The same area pasture 10*20, 1 worker gives as average about 600 meat and the milk. 800 milk would give about the same amount of food as the field, with less worker (and the leather as bonus) I think that is too much. 600 or maybe even a little less, would make it more comparable with fields. 

About the creamery; Have you tested the difference of production between 1 and 2 workers? And besides I think it is OK that you need more than 1 big pasture to deliver milk to it. I suppose the people will also drink some of the milk even if you don´t like to, so there got to be several pastures.

RedKetchup

thanks you @Nilla :) your comments are very appreciated :)

crops has a 7 food per 1x1 :)

Nilla

QuoteHistorically good ale and beer were quite valuable trade items. The city of Einbeck had such a good reputation for its beer in the later Medieval and Reformation eras that it had to send armed troops with its inter-city beer wagons to keep them from being stolen. The Elector of Saxony gave Martin Luther a cask of Einbeck beer as a wedding present to show his high regard (Luther's wife, Katie, later opened a brewery to help support the family and got good prices for her beer). Of course anyone can make bad beer (I know as I've done it a few times myself before I learned how to do it properly), but good beer has always brought high prices. Even today people much pay more for Pilsner Urquell than for Old Milwaukee. And certainly here in Waterloo County, Ontario, Canada, good beer is much, much more expensive per unit than firewood.

I value a good beer too. OK, I am Swedish but i have lived 15 years in Bavaria Germany and they really know how to make beer (every community still have its own brewery, at least they had in the 1980-1990-ies, as I lived there). Although I prefer a north German pils, I sometimes make Ale in Banished from wheat (not economic, I know), just for the fun of making Bavarian Weissbeer. (high fermented beer from wheat, very popular in southern Germany)

irrelevant

@RedKetchup

So it looks like 10 cattle on a 10x20 produce on average 19 leather and 633 beef. This has a total Trade Value (TV) of 2184 (assuming the leather was made into hide coats).

Extrapolating from two years' data from my 21 10x16 sheep pastures (each with 10 sheep), on the same 10x20 space, you would have 12 sheep that would produce 45 wool and 675 mutton, with a total of 2700 TV. So in terms of sheer TV per area, sheep are superior to cattle by 516 TV, about 24%.

So it would be reasonable to add a minimum of at least that much TV to the output of one 10x20 cattle pasture. If you produced 516 milk you could sell the milk for 516 TV, or consume it, or turn it into cheese, therefore adding additional value. How much milk you want to produce is determined by whether you just want to put cattle on par with sheep, or you wish to make them more desirable. More desirable would make sense, since they cost more and grow more slowly.

irrelevant

Regarding producing both cheese and whey at the creamery, I'm not sure that this choice really makes sense. Two different products using the same single input, having the same total TV, deciding which one to produce is a coin toss.

I'm impressed, however, by the fact that you figured out how to do it! Do you think you could figure out how to make one of the outputs have two inputs (milk plus something else?), similar to warm coats or steel tools?

RedKetchup

irrelevant

milk plus fruit = yogurt or kefir

RedKetchup

ya but fruit is really general, the game needs to be more precise, like the tavern. ale but ale which each one ?
ale with apple ? ale with peach ? ale with berries ? gotcha ?

it would become: milk+apple, milk+peach, milk+pear....

irrelevant

RedKetchup

yes i could do a: yogurt = milk + berries

how many milk ? how many berries ? and would give how many yogurt ?
and how they worth ?

or honey

irrelevant

What's honey sell for? An apiary produces scads of it, right?

1 milk + 1 berry = 2 yogurt/kefir, each sells for 2? 3? 3.

RedKetchup