News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Necora's Pine Set compatability

Started by Artfactial, April 26, 2020, 09:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

the DS shouldn't break the game. it should just add the buildable pieces and not the coding that changes happiness and education to the bannies. you might find some double icons or dots for the parts you already have installed, but it hink DS added more to his toolbars.  check the last map i did before the farm 1 i am on. i did the train from corner to corner. did a KID's and RED's railroad village and some of the DS buildings. Ds gave us some nice raised and offset track sections to work with his buidlings.

only issue i have is the bannies will freak if the church is full. better off with no church than a full 1,they stop working. you won't have that when adding the mod mid-game. those buildings so look like they belong in the colonial time frame.

Artfactial

I'll give it a shot.:)
More tests of introducing Pine Set with the Maritime Trees crash after a bit so far, so I'll probably let that be.

And yes, having not enough place to worship is very historically accurate and I have a lot of good churches to choose from.^^

CookieBarrel

Thanks for the link it took me right to the post with Madam Knight. I was wanting to read it but forgoten.
However, I haven't forgotten you and been spending way to much time on this. But, than again, having way to much fun. :D
Quote from: Artfactial on April 27, 2020, 11:11:56 PM
I'll give it a shot.:)
More tests of introducing Pine Set with the Maritime Trees crash after a bit so far, so I'll probably let that be.
I agree your story line is too important.
For future reference:
Maritime Pine Set doesn't have the tree animation coded and will CTD unless it's on top of the load order when starting a new game. If someone crazy like me wants RKEC above Maritime Pine Set they'll need Maritime Trees Above all tree introducing mods. I really do mean "above all".

Your suspicions towards Seasons FX are not unwarranted!
It does add new trees according to his mod description at Bandished Mods

I'm trying to replicate the graphic error and have duplicated your mod list in the chronical order in which they appeared from
Haynestown thread reply #4 & #33

So,if you don't mind, could you tell me between what mods is Seasons FX  is placed in your mod order currently?

Thank you.

Artfactial

Nice! I can really recommend that journal to pass the time; it's relatively short.:)

I did more testing yesterday, mainly to see if adding DS Mining and Industries would do harm.
The crashes I was experiencing with the Pine Set might have been because I was still loading the Pine Flora patch, without actually adding New Flora.
At any rate, when I removed that, I was able to let the game run with DS Mining without any crashes testing it several times with more than a year.

That modlist is very outdated, so I had to update it. I honestly don't know how some of the new ones introduced got so high near the top but am afraid to change the order now:

RKCE 2.22
CC 1.76
Banished UI: Town Names
DS Globe Theatre
DS Neurbert Smith Shop
DS Thompson Trade Merchant
Port Royal
A8MoroccanTea V1.1
EB Statues Set
DS TownHouses – Type C
DS Fulbert Wright Housing
DS Mead Brewing
DS Fulbert Wright School
DS Globe Theatre
DS Nerubert Smith Shop
DS Thompson Trade Mechants
Nomad zero Pop
DS Ale House
DS Crest blacksmith
Garden walls for 1.0.7
Kid- Gothic Deco V1.1
Kid- Medieval Grace V1.3
Kid- Rowhouses bussiness V2.3
Kid- Rowhouses Housing V2.3
Better UI: Maps
Better Rain Sound
DS Bridge Crossing
Better Stockpile Storage
Better Stockpiles
DS Bryce's Buthers
DS Chapel of St.Ernest
DS Fences and Decoration
DS Jetty & Bridges
DS Harbourough Market and Old Gramar School
DS Roads
DS Roasted Nuts
DS Small Village
DS Small Village- Homes
DS Small Village- Production
DS Small Village- Services
DS Small Village- Storage
DS Stone Bridge
DS Stone Hovel
DS TownHouses
DS Tunnels
DS Wagon Vendor
Fruits & Veg Barn
I see Fire
Pick & Hen Tavern
Plague
Seasons FX
Stynth Tower
Wonderful White House v1.1
One Year is One Year
DS Blast Furnace & Industry Mining
Sherbrook Village
Kid- Some Boats V1.0
Narrow Row Houses
EB SV Wooden Houses Addon
Kid – Colonial Housing V2.01
Kid- Colonial Recourses V2.01
ChooChoo V1.03
City Roads V2.2b
EB Stone Wall Deco Set
Warehouse Inc 2.0
Ketchup Inc. v1.1
Kid – Broadway Tower V1.1
EB Ground Irrigation System
EB Church
EB Statue Trapper
EB Monument Founding Father
EB Statues of Honour
Kid – Plimoth Plantation V1.13
NMT3.0:Rowhouses
Kid – Tree Replacer Deco (edit)
Debug Menu
Winter Citizens
NM Little Housing 2
Kid – Old Town Ports&Pirates
DS Timber Mill
Maritimes dock Set
Maritimes PEI Shore
NS Inshore Fisheries

brads3

my order should be on 1st page of my map blog. i have gotten better at remembering to do those. i use seasonFX only to affect the  look of the plowed crop fields. it did conflict with the pine mod i believe and i have it adjusted so the pine isn't bothered by it. the Crystal Cliffs is needed to patch the pine and RKEC.

the graphic issue seems to be from loading the pine midgame.some mods are very touchy bout where they load and what mods load with them. to use the Crystal Cliffs animal barns,you need the CC stable addon mod. without it you can't feed aots to the pens,other grains do work though.

i forgot the stable mod in my current map. and i found RED's orchard forests don't work correctly. the gathering hut won't harvest the fruits.i will need to add CC orchard forests. even after all the tweaking ,i find issues now and then. but my current load order gives more start options. it is always a give and take to these mod orders.   

brads3

i would try the setup without the flora patch. the flora patch will work without new flora mod added,but it might have caused the conflict since you did add it mmid-game. the flora patch helps load Necora's gathering system.

Artfactial

Yeah, I will try it without the Pine flora patch later on.:)
Well, with the Maritime Trees and Pine Set loaded at the bottom, the graphics bug was gone, so there still might be some hope.
I don't think Crystal Cliffs fits very well with my theme and compatibility would be kind of weird with this set up anyway...but I'll see what happens.

I use Season FX for its beautiful coloring, makes the New England autumns that bit more like the real thing (still have to add more tree variety).

Edit:
Ran the set up with Maritime Trees and Pine set and got the same crash so, while that fixes the graphics bug, it isn't a viable way of introducing the mod mid-game. At least with my mod list.;)

CookieBarrel

My, my, someone been busy checking their list, checking it thrice. ;D

Seasons FX appears to be in the same place for my purposes. Don't really see in anything else that should cause the glitch.

Just for giggles try Loading Maritime Trees above RKCE 2.22 but don't load The Pine set.
Maritime Trees will not overwrite vanilla drops, in other words RKCE items. but it will give you 6 logs per tree. :-X

I'm in year 15 with two different tree lodges all grown up. So back too it.

Artfactial

Alright, that enticed me.:P

Running Maritime appears to run fine when at the top! I haven't given it the full year-long test, but that probably isn't necessary...?
I have fallen in love with Kid's Maples so wanted to try if only placing Kid's Tree Replacer Light on top would do the same..but the same weird Oak glitch happens, even at the bottom of the list.:S
So I guess I now have the choice of going with Maritime Trees? Thing is, while it is a more realistic and wild looking forests, I'm not sure it would be a great fit for my current Connecticut town .
I like the scale and size variety of it al, though I'm not sure how well it works with this thick density (probably due to RKEC's increased tree spawning).

CookieBarrel

Quote from: Artfactial on April 29, 2020, 11:01:08 AM
Alright, that enticed me.:P

Running Maritime appears to run fine when at the top! I haven't given it the full year-long test, but that probably isn't necessary...?
I have fallen in love with Kid's Maples so wanted to try if only placing Kid's Tree Replacer Light on top would do the same..but the same weird Oak glitch happens, even at the bottom of the list.:S
So I guess I now have the choice of going with Maritime Trees? Thing is, while it is a more realistic and wild looking forests, I'm not sure it would be a great fit for my current Connecticut town .
I like the scale and size variety of it al, though I'm not sure how well it works with this thick density (probably due toe RKEC's increased tree spawning).

Kid - Tree Replacer Edit

Place KidTreeReplacer.pkm In lieu of Maritime Trees. This should take care of the glitch and it will run with Maritime Pine Set.

Ooh, one more thing if you build Necora's pine charcoal burner insure you place a path or road tightly around it. took me four one time to find that crash. The crash was caused by a mushroom deciding to grow at a bannie work position.

Artfactial

Tried that with every iteration where the Light version was included just to see the difference, but for completion's sake, here's what that looks like.:)
Texture artifacting on most affected trees, but not all. This was taken with Kid's Tree Replacer at the bottom, but having it at the top doesn't seem to matter for this.

CookieBarrel

CookieBarrel

Sorry for the double post!

After a sequence of testing there's some good news mostly bad.
'Guess will go with the bad first. After many attempts I failed to duplicate the graphic error.
My conclusion for what it's worth, this glitch is not do to any mod's, but most likely to a bad save created after banished re-evaluated/compiled the new additional mod(s).

This brings us to tree's. to keep this short I'll go directly to my recommendation with that...
When dealing with mod(s) introducing new tree. Always include these during a new game. Secondly, do not add them later in a game.

If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them. I just didn't want to write a dissertation paper, plus I don't how too. ::)

oh..for the good news. You can achieve some nice tree blends.
Pic.. Kids tree RKEC & CC Journy

Artfactial

Hey, thanks for the extra testing!:)
Those screenshots look wonderful, I will make sure to get that in for my next game.

And yeah, I was afraid of that. Really hope I haven't seriously damaged the save somewhere, but time will tell!

brads3

i started working on a mod order and explanation for you. i had 1 mod reversed in it so had to fix it. should get it the map started tomorrow. the Pine takes a few patches and i had the stable mod flipped so it caused issues when the barley was harvested.fixed and will restart.

i tried yesterday to upload the 1.04 pine hoping it might work to add to an existing map. file size wouldn't let me load it. did you try using the pine 1.05 without the flora mod? or is that when you got the graphic glitch with the trees?