News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Necora's Pine Set compatability

Started by Artfactial, April 26, 2020, 09:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

the trouble was with the combined mods. the crystal cliffs has a stable that produces domesticated animals used to make several animals pens.it can be fed different grains. the pens use corn.Necora's grain coding and RKEC is different somewhere.probably CC grain is different since that i assume is what Necora used.

when i put the CC stable mod in, i couldn't remember where it had to go in the order. i tried it above the pine group. game crashed as soon as the bannie tried to harvest the barley. moved the CC stable below the crystal cliffs mod.barley harvested. few years into the map, another crash. i worked to find the issue. when using the clear tools to send bannies collecting food, crash happened as the spawned oats was collected.

as it is now,the CC stables is below the RKEC.grains harvest without issue. laborers can gather food with no crashes. the crystal cliffs stable uses grains except oats.to feed oats and get domestic animals,you would use the CC stable barn. i  even upgraded the crystal cliffs mod hoping the other pens would use more than corn. they do not.

you are correct that the trade merchants can bring other grains from the crystal cliffs mod. there does show some doubvle grains to the inventory. it is not easy to see which is which in game thou.plus it is easier when you can grow the grains.if you used a CC addon to bring the grain seeds before the RKEC loaded,then yes you could do that.moving a main CC mod above the RKEC changes a lot. all RED's wild animals,the fodder,and the RED's gathering would not spawn.

the oats and seeds are from the  RKEC.with a few others added.KID's garden grains work the same as RKEC. the oats from the KID's mods do not feed to the stables either. i thought i did have the mod order set at 1 time where the crystal cliffs stable did use RK oats,however mods have changed and been upgraded more since. it is a give and take to adding numerous mods. somethings work well ,sometimes we run into issues that aren't solvable without giving up something else.

CookieBarrel

If your running older mod versions, I want be of much help , all my mods are of the latest. :(

From reading Necora's threads and mod descriptions. It seems she felt that the stables an pen's was op'd and to correct this
she added feeding cost and trading of grain. None of her mods adds the seeds. Apparently She intended allowance of
seeds from other mods. Since she started at Black liquid and getting the code for domesticated animals, the assumption would be
that she would code for CC seeds. Seeing that barley works but not oats, I could only speculate that the code for oats was poo pooed.

P.S.
Tested your nasty gremlins and they bite!  >:(
Hopefully, Kralyerg will update Stable soon if he does I hope he adds the pen's.
Having Stable at the bottom is best since it doesn't add oats or barley anyways.
It does however add ghost items.