News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Food Desert

Started by irrelevant, June 13, 2014, 05:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Just had a nasty tuberculosis outbreak. Scores died. Here is a citizen confused by fever.

"Sorry, lady, come back next month."

mariesalias

@rkelly17   I have noticed MUCH more idling at the Hospital in my game since the last patch or two. I am wondering if it has got something to do with workers not going as far away so they are 'at home' more to idle?

rkelly17

I don't know, @mariesalias. It is possible. I find that idling at the hospital varies by map and hospital location. I had maps in 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 where there seemed to be what I consider excessive idling at the hospital. Now I try to put them out of the way and make them as ugly as possible, but some citizens are extremely stubborn. The one that drives me insane is when they go inside to idle! Personally, I go to the hospital only when necessary.

mariesalias

Yeah, I do not consider visiting a hospital as a fun thing.

I am not even sure how we could test something like this?

irrelevant

@mariesalias  This is what emptying the barns looks like on my farms  :)

The guys coming up from the bottom are heading to the barns, and the ones crossing the bridge and streaming out thru the market there are carrying food away.

It would be great if we could say, " Empty those three barns into that marketplace there. Send out the wheelbarrows!"

That makes me wonder, there aren't any wheelbarrows in this shot, but I know I've seen them go when I've done this before. I wonder if it would speed things up if I maxxed out the vendors at that market there (changing the local laborers to vendors and increasing their carrying cap), and I wonder further if they did help empty the barns, whether they would take the stuff back to that market, which looks like a fine place for it.

Obviously the laborers carrying the food off have other destinations in mind.

RedKetchup

2139 citizens ??? /cry

you are so hard to beat !

you are doing awesome !
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Yabbut I still don't have the damn 500 farmers!

mariesalias

@irrelevant   Thanks! I basically do the same thing with stockpiles. Though it is sometimes difficult to make them take it where you want them to.

solarscreen

Quote from: irrelevant on June 27, 2014, 06:22:49 PM
Yabbut I still don't have the damn 500 farmers!
I think you will get there when you hit 3,000. LOL

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

irrelevant

Moving the stockpiles.

1) Wait til you have a bunch of farmers standing around with nothing to do for a couple of months.

2) Screen 1 -- mark your clogged up stockpiles for removal. Be sure you have enough space available where you would like this stuff to go. Check around first to be sure there aren't closer stockpiles in the wrong direction!

3) Screen 2 - let the farmers do their stuff.

Whenever I use farmers like this, or doing clear-cuts, or whatever, if they haven't finished whatever it is when it turns late winter, I pull the plug on it. You don't want those guys running all over when it comes time to plant.

RedKetchup

i didnt found out the thread we were talking about .... lunchbox and farmer going to eat instead of working .....

here it happends to see it again and i am with 1.0.3 last patch.

frost came early, seeing tons of crops not harvested yet (again) and checking what the farmers are doing :P

on this wheat crop, still need to be harvested and what the farmer are doing ?? going to eat instead to harvest it and let all remaining food go to waste :(

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

tomplum68

these full stockpiles, are they purely excess material or is it material you need somewhere else to produce into something ie firewood?

If this material is just excess, I assume it is being acquired via trading, I can't imagine you could mine, quarry, or chop that much extra.  Wouldn't it be in your best interest to suspend trade on those materials temporarily until you use the volume down a bit?

irrelevant

@tomplum68   Never!! ;) I'd far rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. Things are moving fast on this map, this is the one I'm blogging.

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 09, 2014, 01:41:07 AM
frost came early, seeing tons of crops not harvested yet (again) and checking what the farmers are doing :P

on this wheat crop, still need to be harvested and what the farmer are doing ?? going to eat instead to harvest it and let all remaining food go to waste :(

@RedKetchup, did you try the priority tool? I find that in cases of emergency (early frost, etc.) it can help to get the crop in. I also note that there is 1% left in the field. Did they harvest the rest of the field OK? Did they have coats? In that weather they may have needed to go to a house to get warm. It may also be that with only 1% left they decided that some laborer job was more important or that they are off putting the harvest in a barn.

I believe that it is also the case that the lunch box does not apply to every worker. Maybe only builders and laborers, but maybe only laborers. The farmers may get one, but only when they are acting as laborers. I haven't actually researched this, but am working from a distant memory of Luke's blog for version 1.0.2.

mariesalias

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 09, 2014, 01:41:07 AM
i didnt found out the thread we were talking about .... lunchbox and farmer going to eat instead of working .....

here it happends to see it again and i am with 1.0.3 last patch.

I am pretty sure, the lunchbox only applies to workers/laborers who are a certain distance from their homes. Farmers usually live closer to their fields, so should still be going home to eat.