News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid's Workshop

Started by kid1293, January 24, 2020, 05:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

hmmm, that does not sound like a Kid Workshop project to me.  We have added a number of hedgerows and patches to the latests mods, perhaps when we have time @kid1293 those could be compiled to a separate Plots & Patches mod.  :)  Needs thought  :)

galensgranny

I agree that we need some small parks that give happiness.  Even a mostly empty one would be good so people can add their own ghosted flowers, benches, etc.

kid1293

I seriously consider what you say @brads3
My guess is that it has to be a new project but it will have to wait.
Abandoned and I are working on something else. Time will tell.

I'll keep this Workshop for decorations only.
I must find the time to compile all loose pieces together.
This is really a Work In Progress.

brads3

i understand completely. you made gains with ther tiny workplace sets.they do help give more workers a job from farmhouse areas. more decorations and garden parks are handy toys.

Abandoned

Just a reminder that Kid started this thread for simple requests, not projects.  Last year Kid released 26 mods plus several smaller ones released in my stories.  I did 15 stories.  At present a new one is being tested, 1 is being worked on, and 2 are on hold but that said

@brads we want your opinion.  How does this sound - Farmyard, a medium size plot with a vegetable garden bed on one side, a fruit tree, a few berry bushes, a few chickens, and a stump with axe. Two workers allowed.  It randomly produces 3 vegetables, fruit, berries, eggs, and firewood.  No fence no house, those you add yourself.  Kid will want vanilla foods - I think corn, beans, squash, and apples.  Does this sound like something you would want?  Would you like different fruit and vegetables? 

brads3

that sounds good. it can always be expanded later on. i did say i was just brainstorming.plus i figured others could add to the ideas.

Abandoned

:)  Oh, I am glad you like it @brads3  Thanks for the suggestion - Would you like a different fruit tree or different vegetables?  Kid will probably make a second choice  :)

brads3

1 with wheat and a pear tree. what would be good is if it gave some other items like the old farmers and families would make or do for themself. like a little firewood,maybe enough for 2 houses. maybe some clothes and tools.like enough to support 2 families or houses. but that is not neccessary. wouldn't make it fancy more, rustic like the Little House on  the Prairie era.

Abandoned

Wheat and pear would be good alternative.  I don't think Kid would want to add the clothes and tools without an input though.  The workplace anvil and tailor could always be added separately close by with small storage unit or something with whatever fence you might choice to use.  Vegetables, fruit, berries, chicken eggs, and firewood will make a nice farmyard.  Loved Little House on the Prairie series.  :) 

galensgranny

Quote from: Abandoned on February 01, 2020, 05:55:42 AM

@brads we want your opinion.  How does this sound - Farmyard, a medium size plot with a vegetable garden bed on one side, a fruit tree, a few berry bushes, a few chickens, and a stump with axe. Two workers allowed.  It randomly produces 3 vegetables, fruit, berries, eggs, and firewood.  No fence no house, those you add yourself.  Kid will want vanilla foods - I think corn, beans, squash, and apples.  Does this sound like something you would want?  Would you like different fruit and vegetables? 

I like this idea very much!  :)

Abandoned

kid1293

Hi. Late to the party :) I was occupied with some models for the future.

@Abandoned - I like the idea too. I will do what I can but it can not be too small.
There are a lot of things to grow. I don't have the models for all but I will try.
Like @brads3 asked I would like to add a shed for tools and clothes.
Or a cover where the products show up. I think the bannies are smart enough to
repair their tools and clothes. No need for input.

Basically grain, vegetables, maybe fruit, protein, tools, and clothes.
...edit - and firewood, of course :)

I like the idea of a house being self-sufficient.

kid1293

Not much place for a shed. I better leave tools and clothes for some workplaces.

Slowly getting there :) I have a lot of code to write and life has its ups and downs...