News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Colonial Houses 1.53

Started by kid1293, July 04, 2016, 12:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Ok! So the new version (1.5) is up and I hope you like this one too. :)
Only a general trader (market) and hospital are new. The rest I have written about above.

brads3

This looks good.i havent game tested it yet.  the hospital was a needed addition.is there a way to make it so we can build more than 1 meeting house??
i thought there was a mod for multiple city halls,but didnt find 1. that store is very nice,thou i see the front n roof dont match up. now we'll need a saloon and stable so we can build a western cowboy town.:) umm how come the windmill wont make oat flour??? it makes cornmeal instead.can it do all 3?? i see u also took away the sugar cookies boooo:(.  can i make a "wish list"?? blunt the front of th barn and design a lon addition,mayb even make it an animal stable with small windows. the barn u have in this part of the country looks like an old wooden silo. its nice but it seems short.even if the additon wasnt functioning but just a decorative stall type barn with some open windows we could ghost decorate with animals. can we get another boarding house in a different color to use as a office building? thank u.

kid1293

Hi!
What do you need another townhall for? There is a minimize button
on this one so you can have access to it all the time.
Try Tiny mod (or Tiny Townhall mod) It has the same style if you want two.
'
The picture shows the front and roof don't match, I just modified them a bit.

As for the barn I don't follow... Blunt it? Should I keep only the silo part?

And you want a separate stable - I want working horses for carts and riding.

Sugar Cookies can come back. Made from flour and sugar. I decided against
making a special oat meal. Only Oat Cookies need it, else it is just another product.
I can put oats back for making flour, just not Wild Oats from New Flora.

Ahhh... (stretching and yawning)
It's only morning. Let's see what I can do about cookies.

kid1293

Good Morning All! Cookies are ready!  ;)

1.51 is running and working. It is savegame OK with 1.5,
but if you update from 1.41 or older you should maybe
start a new game because I removed New Flora resources.

Sorry to be such a ... (fill in missing word) but I agree - I have
sugar production, might as well use it.

brads3

gm, yes i agree on the oat flour and cookies without the meal.good fix. the cityhall is just the way i play. instead of making 1 big town i tend to make villages. i build a start farm area whereever the game drops me,then have to build forresters and iron and stone suppliers. then i can build a mining town near a mountain and a production town to process all the materials. i like to use the small rowhouse CH for a office in the little towns .the rowhouses for a production area and  individual snug or adobe houses for mining areas. if i build a farm town to process the food,that would take the meetinghall. and now u can only use a rowhouse CH 1 time.and a meetinghall 1 time.
    as to the barn. did u see RED's new house with the storage on 1 side and the food pantry the other?? its attachable. by "blunt" i guess take the road spaces off,would it then b possable to place a building tight up to it?? so the 2 buildings look as thou they were 1. that way we can build it longer n it looks like a silo with a longer barn.
   the stable was just a thought. it and a saloon match up with the new store front. reminds me of old western TV shows.when ppl came to town,they rode in on horses,so they would take the horses to the stablehands and then find themself a room. usually the rooms were above the saloon.CC has decorations where u can place animals. thou they are not animated. i dont think we can have ppl riding them or pulling carts. that would start a whole new era for banished. REDKeTchup tried to "industialize" it already with his trains.lol. i dont use that mod yet. its too futuristic from where i am.lol i guess i'm a century or 2 farther in the past.

kid1293

Hehe, I guess I haven't left the middle ages yet. :)

I understand your stable-barn construction.
If I make a stable possible to walk thru, you can still
reach the barn. Is that it?

I can try for a combo like that, but I dont know if I want
another silo. I'll check pictures of farms and see if I can
come up with something. Expandable barn? A barn with an entrance?
Could be expandable to sides too. With more storage...

Edit: Found an interesting roof. Check picture
Leave all doors open and you have a place for both animals and storage.

brads3

walk through yes. exactly.then we can still use the "silo" barn.no i didnt mean to make another silo. in the mid to late 1900's here in the northeastern part of the U.S., thats how barns were silo,small milkhouse and a stantion barn for cows. originally the milkhouse had a cooler,before the bulktank and pipelines.nowdays i notice they have gone to concrete ground silo pits. if u use the 1 in the picture .u have to change the silo barns texture to match.
an F variant for open windows,where we can place animals to look out. your barn remnds me of the kentucky horse farms. we here in the NE had older rustic 1's more like the textrue u have already.thou the amish would come and offer to paint them a barn-red.
  to give u history,my grandfathers barn had an old water cooler with the old milk cans. he did have a compressor and airline,so he wasnt hand milking. dumped it from a can tru a filter into the milkcans. and we had a corn  crib for ear corn( silo looking building with wire sides).that waas all back in the mid 1970's.now i'm telling my age. thx lot kid.

kid1293

Talk about deja-vu...

This is how it all started. The Pilgrim and I were discussing history of barns.
His grandfather had an old corn crib too.

Well, I guess you are right, this barn looks more like a stable, but I have an idea
to make it right. What about I cut it halfway in and give the front as a add-on?
With or without open windows for horses or llamas. And maybe some extra
building at the side (as a add-on) to make it look very big. :)
I will sleep on it and maybe sketch a little.

I mean to leave the old barn as it is. It works fine.

To be honest - this is the most fun of modding. To get in touch with people and
learn about different ideas. The rest is just 24/7 to get it out.

kid1293

Well @brads3 , I didn't add a stable to the old barn.
Here is a new large barn with an add-on stable.
Only barn to the left / Combo to the right
(Horses not included)
I will test some more and then it is coming.
I made the barn hold the same as vanilla barn plus inedible food. (10000 units)
The expansion has all that plus CC Material. (8000 units)

brads3

cool,i like that. i am curious too see how it would look next to the silobarn with the diffferent textures. did the old barn burn down n u replaced it??? or did u hire those amish ppl to paint the silo too?? lol. the style is awesome.

kid1293

I haven't seen any other people than you and me here.
I know they are somewhere out there. (Pink Floyd nostalgia)

I haven't changed the old barn. Should I?

Abandoned

Hi, I'm here. I like the new barns.  Regarding old barns, I think maybe change roofs to match new one, keep the old one on the right but make another like it with white trim on doors and windows to match new one.  Too bad chicken, cattle, and sheep pasture sheds can't be made to match.

kid1293

I keep the old barn (sentimental reasons). :)

Of course the pasture shed can match.
What color/roof should it be?
It will be a new model, I can not change the original
wihout the the resource files. Shouldn't be too hard, I hope...

elemental

Looks great. The idea of chicken shed etc is a good one. Could make a ghost version of the animal sheds, to use on the CC animal pastures that don't have fences and sheds?

Red is good but how about a brown one too?  :)

brads3

how bout an old tin roof ?? the one on the right matches really good. does it matter much on how we connect the silo to the barn?? it loos like u could get 2 silos on the back of it or mayb place 1 to the side.