Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD : Pangaea's Root Cellars v 1.0 - Redketchup

Started by RedKetchup, October 07, 2014, 11:14:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Pangaea's Root Cellars v 1.0 - Redketchup

Hello everyone !

This MOD : Pangaea's Root Cellars v 1.0 is a special request from a friend :)

This mod introduce a new building in the game : Root Cellar. This special high capacity building allow you to store more fruits and vegetables than most storage building. It has a capacity of 30,000 weight units and it accept only the food that has been labeled " Fruit and Vegetable ".

this depth building has 3x6 and cost 36 wood 58 stones and 12 iron. It require no workers like the common barn.
you need 3x3 mountain tiles in the back to place it.

I hope everyone will like this new building built at 100% with my hands ^^ Be indulgent about my draw skills ^^

Enjoy !!!

Magic Link will appear once you are logged ON on the forum !!
If you want to download it .... you need to register on our forum ! Once you have done that, the link will appear just below this green arrow :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

Pangaea

Thanks a lot, this looks fantastic, can't wait to try it out.

Amusingly enough, I was just browsing the mods on banishedinfo, then saw this posted there "20 seconds ago"  8) ;D

RedKetchup

i just posted there, was here an hour earlier  :)

Pangaea

Aah, that's what happens when you are too busy being Banished :D

Went a little overboard when trying to place them and built three next to each other. It appears like the models sort of overlap when you do that, if you look at the stone 'columns' by the entrances.

They look brilliant btw, and I'll definitely use these and the grain silo for my next "serious" town :)

Have however tried the sawmill and baker also, running a test game for 10-15 years, and it suddenly crashed when I clicked on a wooden house, so I'll probably have to overlook those two, even if I like them (at least if the bakery and mill didn't behave like a barn *grumble*)

Mahnogard

This is fantastic! Definitely going into my next town, which will be started later today because the introduction of mods has given me a huge case of restartitis and a strong urge to experiment with everything. So much fun!

Thanks for all your great mods, @RedKetchup!

RedKetchup

Pangaea

Did a little more testing based on the above screenshot. Would this be due to unideal pathbits or something like that? The stockpile is sort of inside the building, so the stone and logs are going 'through' the outer stone foundation.

RedKetchup

yeah, this building has alot of what i call 'graphic overflow' it overflow alot to behind it, and a bit each side, and why i do that ? cause the random shapes mountains have. if i put the mask bigger : it flats the mountain too much and looks bad. if i dont 'flat' the mountain, the door is half burried (up to almost covering entirely the door) and again it looks bad.

i passed 3-4 hours on that to test ....    bool _flattenGround = true; and false, even tested the 'terraform' thing without better results.

i cant just ask to flat like a reverse ' T ' like:

X
    X
    X
XXXXX

it is a square or rectangle :(

Pangaea

Okay, that makes sense. I played around with flattenGround yesterday, when building farms across rivers and whatnot, and it didn't look great. I'm sure the way you have done it is best then, as it makes sense to "overflow" the sides so it looks better against the flattened mountain. Had no idea it was even flattened! :D

RedKetchup

RedKetchup

yeah it is flatened 3x width , while the building itself is as big as 5x tiles wide.
and you select the tool and not placed yet, you see the green and red squares

Pangaea

Yeah I saw that now, and that the model is quite a bit bigger than the green 3x6 area it takes up. Very nice solution btw.

RedKetchup

it is not 100% perfect , but isnt too bad. i guess to have put my door at the edge , at exit , wouldnt been bad too , but i loved it in the back and ididnt want to redo 75% of my building ^^

RedKetchup

also, if i put the stone fences straight, not like opening hands.... maybe would prevent clipping too :P