News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Application-x64-profile.exe issue...

Started by grykon, December 01, 2023, 05:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grykon

Good evening,

I followed the tutorial from the creator and something went snafu, so I double checked Scoutae4's tutorial and both seemed pretty much the same. When I did the process the first time I'd put the 4 files from the game into the WinData folder I created in the modtool/bin/ folder, ran the batch file and left, came back and the batch was gone and there was now a Save folder in the WinData folder with 4 files Food, Trade, Survival and GettingStarted. While the save folder was new, created 12/1/2023 the 4 files were from 2014 and there was no other files.

So I ran the profile.exe and it ate up 20+% of the CPU for a good while and then just dumped. So I thought maybe the 4 game files I copied, I put in the wrong folder and moved them but that created an error with the batch file. So I put them back and tried it again. The batch file went through 11 "game load" actions and then I believe it had 3 additional actions after that but I didn't see it error or anything. So I ran the profile.exe file again and I watched the task manager and after a while it just dumped out of memory and there was a brief "windows error reporting" task and then it was gone as well.

Anyone have any idea what I did, didn't do, should do to fix this? lol

Thanks in advance,

-Tim

catty-cb

Hi Tim

So I gave this a go, slight changes as I use Linux Mint and I had to do this thru crossover, anyway I created a folder directly under my C:\ drive called BanishedKit, I then unzipped BanishedKit_1.0.7.170910 into the folder then copied the four game files data0, data1, patch0 and patch1 into the bin\WinData that was created when I unzipped the file, then ran the BuildResources.bat that took about 10 minutes and then the BuildExamples.bat which took another 5 minutes.

At this point and am guessing its something to do with trying this on a Linux Mint computer I got a fatal error when I tried running the /bin/x64/Application-x64-profile.exe program so had to go to the x32 version which then froze so then had to change it to running in a window and DirectX 9, so far everything seems to be working ok.

Hope this works for you, if it does and you want some banished source code to try out @kid1293 has uploaded some files over on the Banished club at Simtropolis

https://community.simtropolis.com/files/category/150-files/

catty-cb

Quote from: grykon on December 01, 2023, 05:07:30 PM
.....and there was now a Save folder in the WinData folder with 4 files Food, Trade, Survival and GettingStarted. While the save folder was new, created 12/1/2023 the 4 files were from 2014 and there was no other files

This is what my WinData folder looked like after I ran both BATs

grykon

Hrmm...interesting. I didn't think of trying the 32 bit version. Might be worth it. Thanks so much for responding, I'll give it a try and see what happens!

-Tim

grykon

Sadly, that didn't work either. The bat files must not be doing whatever it is they are supposed to do, because nothing is going into the WinData folder.

catty-cb

Currently out so I can't check my setup, and this is probably clutching at straws but what version of banished do you have ... and also are you trying this with GoG or Steam, as I was using the GoG version to try this   :)

catty-cb

Sorry for the double post, but have just been over to simtropolis to check and the banished game I am giving away to anyone who wants to learn modding is still available ... so if it does turn out to be your game  we have a solution

grykon

Mine is from Steam and is up to date, not sure what the version number is.

*edit*

Okay, I decided to double check something. I had version 1.0.7 of the modkit in my download folder. I like to keep copies of things and I believe the problem was, I had been trying to use an old version of the modkit. Because I deleted everything but the WinData file. Put the files from the 1.0.7 modkit into the folder and ran it and HUGE difference in action as well as now I have all kinds of files.

So thank you, all try experimenting now. lol

catty-cb

In that case your game ought to be the latest release, it's been years since I used a windows computer, but have you tried running the bat as an administrator?

catty-cb