News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

WIP: Natural Diversity

Started by Bartender, April 11, 2017, 01:14:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

everything @Bartender  does... is so much done like a professional !
like someone working at Blizzard Entertainement inc... or 2K... or Ubisoft....

so jealous lol
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

Lets be glad he is not working for one of the triple A game companies.

We probably would not see him here at all. :)
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Bartender

Thanks everyone! Please be aware that all credits for the visuals should go to @despo_20 ! My role this week has been mainly behind the scenes ;).

Haha, if any gaming company would want to hire me I would definitely concider it ;D. It's always been one of my many dreams to be a game developer, and I've still got some failed attempts somewhere stored on my harddrive. The modding is bringing me close enough for now though :).

@tanypredator currently that's not part the plan, but we might concider having a fuel option in there somewhere. I do have the general impression that people liked having the additional fuel in v1.0.

despo_20

I'm very glad to be joining the Bartender's project! I love his core idea and I'm really enjoying to develop it with him  :)
I'm very pleased which you like our work. It's a great incentive. Thank you all!

@tanypredator the first goal is to complete this basic chain, but the next step will be to expand it! Fuel will probably be part of the project  ;)

embx61

Your welcome @despo_20

I did not know you were the one creating the houses till Bartender mentioned it.

Great work and I wish the Bartender/despo_20 team a smooth ride in the Banished Modding world :)

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

elemental

I said it over at BL but I'll say it here too. I love the buildings. This mod is looking better all the time.  ;D

tanypredator

Quote from: Bartender on May 08, 2017, 12:18:35 PM
@tanypredator currently that's not part the plan, but we might concider having a fuel option in there somewhere. I do have the general impression that people liked having the additional fuel in v1.0.

Yes, it is nice to have some alternative to firewood. I'm always run out of logs at first several years :) A wish for using thatch as a fuel took me to Kid's RowHouses, which obtained very nice new texture in his latest update :) These houses use thatch.

kid1293

Hi!
Yes, and I have thatch on Forest Outpost too, and as I wrote earlier
I want to use it as a building material.
But then I would be dependent on people having Natural Diversity
loaded all times and I can't count on that. :(

despo_20

Thank you @embx61 !

Your buildings are of great inspiration!
I've studied your creations, along with the ones of Discrepancy, Ketchup and all the other talented modders, before starting.
I'm rather satisfied with the result  :)

@kid1293 what about a natural diversity compatible version?
I know this involves more work, but it's a possibility  ;)

Abandoned

@kid1293 I would certainly not like good starting sets like forest outpost to need other than basic starting materials or be dependent on other mods.  Collectible branches or twigs would still be my choice for extra firewood, use it all the time.

kid1293

Quote from: despo_20 on May 09, 2017, 03:52:15 AM
I'm rather satisfied with the result  :)

@kid1293 what about a natural diversity compatible version?
I know this involves more work, but it's a possibility  ;)

You can rely on your guts! They are beautilful buildings!

Quote from: Abandoned on May 09, 2017, 03:55:54 AM
@kid1293 I would certainly not like good starting sets like forest outpost to need other than basic starting materials or be dependent on other mods.  Collectible branches or twigs would still be my choice for extra firewood, use it all the time.

Don't worry! I am not going to make a 'NatDiv' version yet.
But it would be realistic in the forest.  ;)

QueryEverything

Quote from: Bartender on May 08, 2017, 12:18:35 PM
Thanks everyone! Please be aware that all credits for the visuals should go to @despo_20 ! My role this week has been mainly behind the scenes ;).

Haha, if any gaming company would want to hire me I would definitely concider it ;D. It's always been one of my many dreams to be a game developer, and I've still got some failed attempts somewhere stored on my harddrive. The modding is bringing me close enough for now though :).

Haha, @Bartender I've said few times to my hubby, if any of your (all of you) talented modders could design a plane, I'd have you on in a heartbeat :D  The art here, BL & BI is amazing, love the work, and often show hubby the mods :)

Back to the mod:  Yes please for the fuel, I'm sure I'm not the only player that had more than I could use, and thatch was the perfect replacement for firewood in early game.  :)  I wrote about that (above), and over on your BL thread. :)

I would find that even just in a natural forest I was pulling enough thatch out to use as fuel in the forest community and found that I wasn't having too many freezing spells :)

I also posted a couple of thoughts over on BL which @despo_20 has written back to me about :) 
No harm in asking.

I don't see a reason why there couldn't be a cross over in @kid1293 idea :)  Already his gatherer harvests the thatch, and in turn, a new range of housing could be made :)  (As an optional house, unless Kid included the Thatch resource in his mods).  With the way things are now, who knows what's possible :)  The evolution of the game is exciting!!
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Bartender

@tanypredator @QueryEverything We'll definitely be looking at some options for fuel then :)!

@kid1293 a NatDiv version and a non-natdiv version would be a possibility, so that people can choose ;).

@Abandoned I haven't forgotten about the branches and twigs for firewood ;). I haven't arrived at working on the forest yet though.. v1.0's main focus was on the meadows, v1.1 will most likely focus on the waters. It's definitely part of the plan to attack the woods as well at some point though!

@QueryEverything Would plains be acceptable too ;D? I'm afraid my expertise is in biology rather than aerospace engineering. I replied to your suggestions on BL as well :).

QueryEverything

Quote from: Bartender on May 09, 2017, 08:47:41 AM
@tanypredator @QueryEverything We'll definitely be looking at some options for fuel then :)!

@kid1293 a NatDiv version and a non-natdiv version would be a possibility, so that people can choose ;).

@Abandoned I haven't forgotten about the branches and twigs for firewood ;). I haven't arrived at working on the forest yet though.. v1.0's main focus was on the meadows, v1.1 will most likely focus on the waters. It's definitely part of the plan to attack the woods as well at some point though!

@QueryEverything Would plains be acceptable too ;D? I'm afraid my expertise is in biology rather than aerospace engineering. I replied to your suggestions on BL as well :).

I see what you did there ;)  And scenery is always a welcome add-on, there has been some big money made out of that - but there is a huge outlay as well, so it has become a very (very) niche market, with a rather large shark patrolling the waters, we haven't dipped our feet on that side of the shark net, though it is tempting :) 

Re mod:  excellent news :D  Shame for that hard worked code to be left out of future releases, haha :)  Fuel is always welcome in a wintery south :D 

Thanks for the replies, have a fab day :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]