News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

WIP: Natural Diversity

Started by Bartender, April 11, 2017, 01:14:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

There are conflicting experiences from one player to the other.

By some it slows the game down by itself and others say it run okay by itself but not with (Some) other Mods.

Abandoned had a slow down with New Flora loaded as well. When New Flora disabled it run better she reported.

I still think it is just the poly count what adds up with so many items spawned on the map.
I don't know how Luke has the spawning code done in C++ but remember, Vanilla only spawns about 3 crops (roots, herbs, berries) and the trees as well as Iron and stone and that is about it.

I would if I was in Bartenders shoes disable the rocks in the water. Compile a test version and see if the lag improves.

Finding the exact cause of this problem is one of the hardest things to do because the reports given are different from one player to the next and also depends on what PC/laptop it is running from.

Maybe some more players want to run a test game for Bartender with ONLY Nat Div loaded as mod. Nothing else and paly some years.
And then report back what the experiences are.

Giving the specs of the PC/Laptop they are running it on could be helpful too.

Don't need a whole list of DX crap but just what kind of CPU, how much RAM and the video cart model.

I am just so freaking busy to test. I hardly test my own mods to be honest. LOL
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

embx61

Oh fuck it (Pardon my French  :P)

I going tonight play a test game with only Nat Div loaded and do a test how it performs.

Abandoned

@embx61 , I agree, strange results.  I have laptop with windows 7.  Intel Pentium 3558 processor, Intel HD graphics, and 4GB Ram.  I was going to say map size could be making a big difference.  Mine story and test map is a small plain.  I believe @The Pilgrim mentioned medium and large maps and I think @brads3 uses large maps.  I like those rocks in the river but maybe a few less would help. What I thought strange was that speed seemed to improve a bit as I built more making me think problem was more conflict related than system.  Test map with all the same settings and mods except New Flora and the speed was perfectly normal,  Go Figure!

embx61

I must do something wrong

I downloaded NATDIV 1.1 (April 2017) and it is the only mod loaded together with the debug menu.

Start a new map (Large) and enabled only NATDIV and Debug menu.

After the game reloaded I don't see any rocks in the water, no grass meadows.

I see however 1 tatcher profession, a button to harvest grass and 1 tatcher building. That is it.

It also not make use of the community Toolbar?

I am sure this is a fault on my end and probably the result as not playing Banished anymore :)

Abandoned

@embx61 the mod doesn't use the community tool bar, the icons are in different vanilla categories and have a green dot on them.  The meadows are areas with few trees and the plants disappear in winter so it takes a few months for them to show up.  There should be the dark green grasses though and I had quite a few rocks in the river and small streams.  There is also the fish trap under food I think to build across the stream and there is also the reed reaper to build.  NatDiv 1.1 is the version.  Try a smaller map maybe.  And look in menu for those green dots.

embx61

It looks like some is loaded and other parts not.

I went over all the icons and there are only 2 extra buttons. I thatcher hut and 1 button to harvest grass.
1 profession Thatcher.

No rocks at all in the rivers. It looks like Vanilla overall.

I see that some vanilla buildings require Thatch to build so that works.

Is there a special starting condition map I have to play? But I don't see one. Just the Vanilla Plains and Mountains.

Hmmm. No green dot on those Icons either.

When I downloaded this mod it guided me to the CC site and I got it from there. Probably never updated over there?

khemari

Not your fault at all @embx61 - the latest beta wasn't published in the downloads section but just in this discussion thread - post 245 on June 28, I think you have the earlier version.

It is downloaded from https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-ZePVZCUPiuQ0RHc09VVktyc1k/edit. Hope that helps!!!  :D

embx61

Ah, thanks

I get that one :)

Oh I see already 128 megs and the other one I got was about 46 Megs :)

Okay. Going to do some groceries and tonight I going to do a test phase.

embx61

It seems like a got the right version. NatDiv2.pkm

I still not see rocks in the water though.

I also see no grasses, reeds spawned on the map at the start. Is this the normal behavior and it just take a bit to spawn?

I see more buildings though and the icons have a green thingy on them.

In the map it says by condition NatDiv (Medium) So it looks like it loaded the start conditions.

brads3

any other mods enabled?i know this sounds dumb, but you are running 1.07 right?

Abandoned

I have NatDiv v1.1 downloaded from this site download section.  @brads3 what version do you have?

brads3

embx61

Yes running 1.07 and no other mods enabled except Debug.

I have the fish trap building and the other buildings like thatcher and reaper.

3 new professions.

The question I have is, If the map reloads after enabling the mod should I see directly grasses/reeds/etc. spawned on the map?

Or are they spawning after a while?

Because I don't see any. I saw some branches in the forest though and some different mushrooms.

The PKM is named NatDiv2 and in the mod list it says version 1.1.

embx61

Quote from: brads3 on July 12, 2017, 06:07:30 PM
natdiv and natdiv2.pkm

Not suppose to run them both enabled are we?

brads3

everything you say should be right.did you look around the map more? you should see grasses and reeds.you could have been dropped into the map in a bad spot. otherwise it is working.