Discussion: Medieval Town 2.04.1.0.6 ==> available on Steam !!

Started by RedKetchup, December 22, 2015, 01:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobbi

Thank you @RedKetchup for all your hard work and thank you Kralyerg for final look over. Easy to over look something when your eyes are bleary from all that hard work!  ;D

MightyCucumber

Quote from: RedKetchup on December 28, 2015, 03:20:03 AMtoo bad i already made all the upgrades  :'( there would be alot of work to go back and change all those designs i made tonight

No worries. ;) That's why there're ghost decorations anyways. xD

Can't stress this enough RK, awesome job! ;) You and the Black Liquid guys are keeping this beautiful game alive for us. ;D

RedKetchup

BETA (1.0.5) Medieval Town 2.01 bugfix has arrived !!!!!

WARNING: You absolutely need to delete ALL your Medieval Food Store (only that one) because 1 of the texture is permanently gone out of the pack. so, if you still have 1 of this building still up : game will instantly crash if your screen show that place.
DELETE your Medieval Food Store first. once all destroyed : Do a save. and then close the game. replace the .pkm. restart or load your save.[/b]

I want to say : BiG Thanks to Kralyerg who voluntary offer to double check all my code for errors :)
Thanks Bro !

i keep this place to explain the new build.

Links :

NewMedievalTown201.zip ( 120MB )

MegaStorage:
https://mega.nz/#!ZAFR3KiK!NPaRsYYLyb24_ff-1CksjtktNxWT9y9v1HZaP2QsHYI

OneDrive:
http://1drv.ms/1JcMMtp

GoogleDrive
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3ArTKXvgXjrdXM2QnJrcW0zZm8/view?usp=sharing

MediaFire
http://www.mediafire.com/download/nqy6ehpao9n8wkc/NewMedievalTown201.zip

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Bobbi

Gordon Dry

Hey, I like it very much, but I found two flaws:

Could you make the food store / stall (only vendors, no barns) that they only accept edible food?

I set grain to not edible and I have a production quarter with crop fields, grain silo, mill, bakeries and a grain market (Slink's), but a huge amount of (non edible) grain is taken to the food store from where it has to be taken back.

And, the 1st floor medieval hostel got no name and nobody moves in.

bubbamcgee

@RedKetchup - I can confirm that the 1st floor hostel does not have a name and that it does not allow people to move in.  Tried it several times and let it run with 25 homeless people with none moving into it.

RedKetchup

/shrug

it doesnt have a name , right.
but i have people in. and upgrades has their name

RedKetchup

fixed . about the name .. it is fixed. but homeless ?? i dont know, i never saw them not accepting people.

bubbamcgee

@RedKetchup - Hmmm... I restarted my game, let it run a year and then the homeless people moved into it.  So, not sure what was happening.   ???

kralyerg

Quote from: Gordon Dry on December 29, 2015, 11:14:04 AM
Could you make the food store / stall (only vendors, no barns) that they only accept edible food?

That's not as easy as it sounds.  Right now, the Food Store is set to store 25% Fruit, 25% Vegetable, 25% Grain, 25% Protein.  Edible versions of foods have both Edible and a food flag, like Fruit set.   The inedible versions only have the Fruit flag (in this example).

When you try and set the market to only allow the Edible version, you go "25% Fruit and Edible", and you would think that it would need both the Fruit and the Edible flag in order for it to be stored there.  But the game doesn't see it like that, it reads the code as "25% Fruit OR Edible" so it still allows in non-edible Fruits.

The only way I can see to only allow in Edibles is just to make a blanket "100% Edible" and it would only allow in things with the Edible flag, but then it might fill up with 100% edible Fruits and not give your guys a very good diet, which is one of the points of the market to begin with.

RedKetchup

yeah if i only put edible;  i have to put 100% edible then. in that case it will fill with edible without taking care to get diversity. which can end up with 100% potatoes only

Gordon Dry

Hopefully in the future Luke patches some things, so a barn with a drop down menu is possible, for example a grain storage barn / silo where I can choose "barley" etc.

Tilleen

Quote from: kralyerg on December 30, 2015, 08:39:08 AM
Quote from: Gordon Dry on December 29, 2015, 11:14:04 AM

That's not as easy as it sounds.  Right now, the Food Store is set to store 25% Fruit, 25% Vegetable, 25% Grain, 25% Protein.  Edible versions of foods have both Edible and a food flag, like Fruit set.   The inedible versions only have the Fruit flag (in this example).

When you try and set the market to only allow the Edible version, you go "25% Fruit and Edible", and you would think that it would need both the Fruit and the Edible flag in order for it to be stored there.  But the game doesn't see it like that, it reads the code as "25% Fruit OR Edible" so it still allows in non-edible Fruits.

The only way I can see to only allow in Edibles is just to make a blanket "100% Edible" and it would only allow in things with the Edible flag, but then it might fill up with 100% edible Fruits and not give your guys a very good diet, which is one of the points of the market to begin with.

When I first started playing this game, I thought that the Vendors would be a bit smarter about what they stored in the market. I thought, or perhaps hoped, that the vendor would look at all the businesses in the local area (blacksmith, ale house, 10 houses, 30 people) and say we need a balanced diet for the 30 people so 3000 split into fruit, veg, protein and grain, enough firewood for the houses, extra fruit for the ale house, and logs and iron (maybe coal) for the blacksmith. It would then keep enough for maybe two years. Anything over would be put back into the warehouses so that other vendors could pick them up.

I was sad when this was not the case.

Anyway, a bit off topic. Thanks to @RedKetchup and @kralyerg and their teams for their mods.

Paeng

Well, just got the 2.01 and started (carefully, slowly) to add items in an existing town (that I wanted to preserve)...
So far, everything works fine, and also meshes well with the CC mod - great job!

:)

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]