News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BETA: New Medieval Town : v0.4 with Cathedral Wonder

Started by RedKetchup, February 26, 2015, 05:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

now take that wall in screenshot.

when i built it, this wall was made of 3 boxes width of 1x1 , by 2 boxes height. each box is like a 6-sides dice, and has 6 sides. 3x2 boxes = 6 boxes of 6 sides each = 36 sides.
and the engine divide these sides into 2 triangles. so 72 triangles

so my new wall of 3 tiles per 2 tiles height is 1 unique box. 1x a 6-sides dice. i ve cut all the not required sides which imbricate inside the wood at each end. (the top, the bottom, and the left side and right side) and now has only 2 side total. instead of 36 sides.

but those things takes so much time, i am an human, not a computer ^^

EDIT: the cathedral i downloaded has only 1 side. the front, there isnt even a 'back' :(
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Gatherer

You're doing a great job. Thanks for everything.

:)
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

presently working to optimize my 2nd floors :)

i really didnt checked about the savings about Floor 2 Model 1 and Model 2 because yes i saved what i could but i also added flowers to their windows (which had totally none) ^^

but about Floor 2 Model 3 i checked the optimized stats :

old : 36469 polygons
new: 15954 only

thats 43% or the original :) (saved 57%)

RedKetchup

i can say ..... really tired doing that !!!!!

i want to get back to creation !!
ROFL

sandysan

Courage @RedKetchup .... we are with you ... :)
You have already done this much change ... it's soon end ... :P

RedKetchup

yeah 2 more model to go /cry

Floor 2 Model 4 :
old : 39621 polygons
new: 13512 only
------------------

34% of the original (saved up 66% on that one)

i am getting real physical headaches this weekend  :'(

RedKetchup

Floor 2 Model 5 :
old : 32250 polygons
new: 13111 only
---------------------

40% of the original (saved up 60% on that one)

1 more to go !

RedKetchup

Floor 2 Model 6 :
old : 32824 polygons
new: 13400 only
---------------------

41% of the original (saved up 59% on that one)

YAY the 2 first level models are completed. just need to make them work ^^ hehe, cause i made alot of new texture names and i need new .rsc files to match them.
an hour or 2 to spend on that tonight :)

so ... if i scroll back, and read all my numbers.... it is roughly 60% i saved all the time. cant wait to see the MB of my .pkm i will get. it will certainly go down alot. i need to not forget that the houses arent alone in this mod. all the other buildings i made (BS,Tailor,Tavern,Bakery,Mills.....) arent changed.

RedKetchup

What is a 3D Polygon?

Definition: In general terms, a polygon is any two-dimensional shape with multiple (multiple=poly) sides connected at vertices to enclose the shape. Triangles, squares, pentagons, hexagons - all of these shapes are considered polygons.

In 3D animation, a polygon is the exact same thing, only these polygons are connected to build your 3D model. Individual polygons are stitched together along the sides or at the vertex points to create the full model. Think of it as putting together puzzle pieces to create a whole, except that rather than seeing a printed image on the pieces, you're instead forming a whole other three-dimensional shape whose boundaries and volume are defined by smaller two-dimensional shapes. Polygons are the wrapper on the chocolate easter bunny; the candy coating on your M&Ms.

More polygons in a model can mean more detail and smoother renders (better graphics), but it can also mean longer render times (more computer calculations = slower, lag) and more problems caused by overlapping lines and vertices (graphic gliches).

RedKetchup

well ! i didnt made alot of errors in the code to match all my new textures :)

i dont understand why the game doesnt accept my 192x128 textures, i thought i needed 32 pixels increments (32,64,96,128,192 etc...) maybe i m wrong and only like the 64 ones (64,128,256,512...) i easily fixed it.

the most funny error was a name of texture i called 'StoccuWall256' in floor 2 model 2 instead of 'StuccoWall256" lol. i found it funny.

once those 2 errors fixed, the compiler made it :)

i didnt saved alot of MB in the .pkm file : 69.7MB instead of 78.3MB previously  :'( but it is all about polygons and computing power :) i saved 9MB on 2x floor x 6 model each (12 model). i guess thats good. i have alot of stuff in this mod :)

i built all models in game, so i can see all the roof i need to fix (that was expected) and it will be the next thing to do.

my flowers are looking so great ! i LOVE all those colors ! maybe just the blue one i need to tone down, too much fluorescent ^^. out of that , they look gorgeous !! :)

chillzz

actually it's a bit more then 9MB in file size, since windows calculations are a bit different (rounded). look at the real file size in bytes.

9mb is quite a lot actually, since you've only done the houses, not yet the other buildings.
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

Vulgarian

Quote from: RedKetchup on March 15, 2015, 10:22:34 AM
my flowers are looking so great ! i LOVE all those colors ! maybe just the blue one i need to tone down, too much fluorescent ^^. out of that , they look gorgeous !! :)

Agreed. The blue aren't terrible. Maybe if you made them look more purple, they might pass as violets. But they're not overpowering.

Nice work!

paralias

this topic (mod) is enjoyable and educational.... keep up the excellent work RedKetchup

assobanana76

you're doing a really great job Red !!
I had no idea how much trouble gave put a 3d model in a mod .. I thought it was a simple thing .. create home, rescale and put into ...
instead there's really a lot of work behind !!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

there is ALOT of work to make a model in the game !! Often people who dont know how it works, and people who dont know how to make a 3D Draw have that impression, they think it is super easy, they just have to take whatever draw and they just have to give a 'name' and it is done, the game will take it !

No ! Not at all. it is far from there. and this is why, all inside all my threads, i always try to explain what i am doing, and how i am doing it. so it can serve as reference and as manual to learn to better do things and do better mods. there are always some tips i give here and there :)
Like @paralias  says : 'educational' :)