Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discussions : New Medieval Town v 1.02

Started by RedKetchup, April 19, 2015, 11:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: Paeng on June 09, 2015, 06:47:59 AM
@RedK:

I have a question about the Health items in NMT - I built a whole group of them in my last town, and it seems to me that they have that old nasty habit of spreading disease... it doesn't look like the peeps are idling around these buildings (as they do around a default Hospital), but I keep seeing sick people "spawning" around them at a hellish rate.

Should I use "Bobby Doctor House" again? Will it help with all the new buildings as well?

thats just a 'coincidence' they dont 'make' disease appear, nor they 'help' to spread disease. the disease system and contagion , and the happiness:health doesnt have any link.

the bobby doctor house is only deleting the happiness circle around the vanilla hospital by editing the hospital.rsc and cant change anything for any other building. it is specific to that building.
the Clinic has this feature (or i mean this lack of feature - hapiness:health radius so it doesnt attract)

-------------

i am not 100% sure of all the real effect of these : happiness:keyword but the ones that Luke made in game are :

Cemetary:
   HappinessType _happinessType = Spirit;

Church:

Hospital:
   HappinessType _happinessType = Health;

Market:
   HappinessType _happinessType = Goods;

Tavern:
   HappinessType _happinessType = Entertainment;

Trading Post:

Well:
   HappinessType _happinessType = Safety;

i am just not really sure the game really handle these " _happinessType = something " differently from each other. it looks to me that was an abandonned project.
i can send an email to Luke to get some explanations about that, it would take maybe 2-3 weeks (the time it took about my last email lol)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

this is in quote, a copy of my last email sent to Luke. the last one was about trying to make a master 'toolbar icon' and have all my mods anchor on it. and then i ask 3 questions :)

QuoteHi Luke !!

Thanks you for last answers (even if took some time, it is very appreciated)

that is what i did minus the "    bool _autoHotKey = false;  " not sure if it could made a change. each part was creating a copy of the base icon and each mod had it own sub-icon in their own copy of the base. i can retry to make more test someday soon though.

i have 2 more questions if you have time :)

- 1:

What is the real purpose of these '_happinessType' , i mean : How the game handle them differently in reality ? if i put one or the other, what difference would happend in game ? it sounds to me like an abandonned project, can you give me more explanation about these ? (out the fact it 'attract' idlers) why 'spirit' why health, why goods, entertainment, safety ?

Cemetary:
Chapel:
DoctorHouse:
   HappinessType _happinessType = Health;
Market:
Tavern:
   HappinessType _happinessType = Entertainment;
Trading Post:
Well:
   HappinessType _happinessType = Safety;

- 2:

My 2nd question : is there way to put 'river particule effects' or 'lake particule effects'  at will ? i ve made a 'canal system' where i use the 'quarryfloor' function to dig through the ground but i cannot (or didnt found the way) to make appear some water in those holes. i've put a plane with a water texture but it is really not the same and i cannot find a texture that suits everywhere.

So what i need to do to add 'water' and 'water effect' to my canal parts ? there is certainly a way to do it. i was hoping by 'terraform' function and 'description map = water or deepwater' it would tag it as 'water' and the game would add 'water effect' in those tiles but it is not the case, the holes are empty. so What i need to do ?

- 3:

Will we get a very last patch before this game will be definetely closed , or it is already set ?

THANKS YOU ALOT, Luke for all the time you take to answers all my questions :)
I really appreciate the time you take. :)

Regards,

Michel

Paeng

Quote from: rkelly17 on June 09, 2015, 09:58:49 AMI think most of the circles are eight, but cholera and one other might be ten.

Yeah, for some reason I was thinking that I can build Red's health items right smack inside population centers... wishful thinking I guess LOL...

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 09, 2015, 12:47:58 PMthey dont 'make' disease appear, nor they 'help' to spread disease.

Thanks for explaining again - I guess I confused a few things here... Sorry!  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Paeng on June 09, 2015, 01:43:39 PM
Quote from: rkelly17 on June 09, 2015, 09:58:49 AMI think most of the circles are eight, but cholera and one other might be ten.

Yeah, for some reason I was thinking that I can build Red's health items right smack inside population centers... wishful thinking I guess LOL...

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 09, 2015, 12:47:58 PMthey dont 'make' disease appear, nor they 'help' to spread disease.

Thanks for explaining again - I guess I confused a few things here... Sorry!  :)

do you like my email ? will see what will Luke say in a couple of days/weeks :)

Mahnogard

Quote from: Paeng on June 09, 2015, 01:43:39 PM

I do it anyway. I like to live dangerously. :D Of course, I play with disasters off, so diseases, nomads and mistakes are my only crises. Keeps things interesting.

I'm still getting the hang of lining up those pretty houses so that they make lovely rows when all three floors are done. I always overshoot the corners. But I'm getting better.

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 09, 2015, 02:51:55 PMdo you like my email ? will see what will Luke say in a couple of days/weeks :)

Yeah, more power to you!  :)
I really do hope that Luke sits down some day to fix a few of the most glaring shortcomings...   ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 09, 2015, 02:51:55 PM
do you like my email ? will see what will Luke say in a couple of days/weeks :)

Yes, I like your e-mail--and hopefully you get an answer. My guess is that Luke was trying to add some challenge to the game or give us something more to think about as we build our settlements and didn't want to go too crazy, so these are the sort of things that make people feel happy, just like living near a mine or quarry makes them unhappy.

bubbamcgee

@RedKetchup - Would it be possible for you to create a corner tavern?  The CC, nor vanilla Banished, taverns fit into the NMT style.  So, I was thinking a NMT corner tavern would be a great addition to the mod/game.

RedKetchup

liberty

@red.  Love your work. When is the update coming?

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 15, 2015, 07:50:35 AM
yes i can do :)

That would be great in the Medieval town. Nothing like a corner Gasthaus to make the neighborhood perfect.

DesoPL

Ketchup you think, farm houses with second floor etc might be possible? Like here example.

Or maybe some medieval dock houses like here?

This might be fun through.

RedKetchup

unfortunately, farms dont have an house so i cant build a residence on top of it. farms are incompatible with buildings/houses.

but pastures should be ok if we redesign the 'shelter' in something bigger to hold an house on top of it.

updates ? i dont know... maybe couple of weeks ? i didnt mod alot lately.... in vacations.
vacations comeback very often and fast cause i made too much of it, i get tired very fast ^^

Gatherer

If you decide to do something with the pasture can you also make an option to build it without fences?

And something not NMT related: perhaps adding a 3 and 4 piece stone wall in your Decorative items mod?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

DesoPL

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 15, 2015, 12:10:28 PM
unfortunately, farms dont have an house so i cant build a residence on top of it. farms are incompatible with buildings/houses.

but pastures should be ok if we redesign the 'shelter' in something bigger to hold an house on top of it.

updates ? i dont know... maybe couple of weeks ? i didnt mod alot lately.... in vacations.
vacations comeback very often and fast cause i made too much of it, i get tired very fast ^^

You know, i mean an new building. :)