News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Necora's Pine Set compatability

Started by Artfactial, April 26, 2020, 09:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artfactial

Hey, thanks a lot.:) Don't know if the load order will help for my current game but it is very welcome for the next.^^

Yes, at first I only added 1.05 Pine Set at the bottom which resulted in the wonky trees. I don't use the New Flora mod.

brads3

why why? you woke up the gremlin.he has been asleep a very long time too.yes i have a gremlin who lives in my computer and like to mess with me when he wakes up.some reason he does not like us. at least, i have him trapped in a corner... for now.

these mod orders can be tricky ,and what does work can have issues we do not see. the Crystal Cliffs mod merges the pine and RKEC.however there is an issue with grains. up til now it has been oats,now it is barley as well. we need the CC stable mod to patch that issue. i checked this. thankfully the village blogs keep notes organized. this setup worked with corn and without the CC stable mod. map played fine.until now when the gremlin woke up.

with the stable mod above the Crystal Cliffs mod,game crashes when the barley starts to harvest. with the stable mod below but above RKEC, wild oats causes crash.apparently it only happens when you use the clear tools across it.bannies cleared somke to build and no crash happened.go figure.

i'll try the stables below the RKEC.and run a few tests with the debug.

CookieBarrel

#Gremlins, it's an invasion!
Was curious about the oats and barley thing. Load Chrystal cliff. Checked somethings out.
Started a new game with (1) Pine set and (2) Chrystal cliff. Played awhile so to get some seeds to test.
Crash!!!!!. Isolated the variables. There it is. Trader Joe pulled up to the docks, Crash!!!!!

Oh well, just one more thing to track down and solve.

brads3

COOKIE,did you have RKEC loaded and the townhall patch? if you did not have RKEC,there is a patch for trading posts that RED made ofr the 1.07 changes. or did you find another gremlin?

brads3

this is what i came up with. i'll post more with the next map blog. at start-RKEC townhall patch, new flora patch,crystal cliffs,pine mod,seasonFX,RKEC,.CC stable from top down.

this has a give and take to it. Necora's stables does not use oats. other grains can be fed to it to produce domestic animals. to use oats to get domestic animals use the CC stables. no crashes from the grain crops.the clear food tools do not work for many wild foods that were added by the pine mod.wild oats is not cleared by the food clear tool but is via the clear all with no crash.

note- this was tested using RED's pine wood start.using a medium start  setting should enhance the pine mod  functions including the gathering.
i did find that using TOM's Nodic Landscape mod gives an added food clear tool that will pick up different items than the RK food tool. be advised this mod changes the climate farther north and makes it harsher.

Artfactial

Awesome!
Placing Season FX near the top is interesting.:)

CookieBarrel

Quote from: brads3 on May 04, 2020, 03:08:48 AM
COOKIE,did you have RKEC loaded and the townhall patch?
Quote from: CookieBarrel on May 04, 2020, 02:53:15 AM
Started a new game with (1) Pine set and (2) Chrystal cliff.
Quote from: brads3 on May 04, 2020, 03:08:48 AM
or did you find another gremlin?
A slimy one at that :P

Update:
Tested:Pine Set above Crystal Cliff (no other mods!)   Result: CTD yes
Tested Crystal Cliff above Pine Set   Result : CTD yes
The Patches Above Pine Set then Crystal Cliff   Result: CTD no.

These two mods left unmitigated will conflict.
Poor trader Joe does't know why his boat sinks at the docks. ???

Artfactial

Interesting that the Barley should be the problem.
I hope the Gremlins aren't causing too much of a ruckus.:P

brads3

i was surprised by that too. i knew it effected oats. took a little while to work out. did get the map started and have played it far enuf to know we have no crashes. 

Artfactial

Awesome:D I can't imagine the amount of work going into that, Gremlins or no.:)
I'll check out the blog later in the week!

brads3

wasn't that bad really. taken me too much time to get the mod order this far thou.i try not to mess with it much. wasn't sure on the placement of the stable mod so i knew which mod was the problem. lot easier than having to narrow it down. the 1st crash happened in the fall of year 1. 2nd happened in the 2nd or 3rd year. time consuming. 

Artfactial

Yeah with such situational problems, that only become harder to pin down the larger a mod list gets, having a solid list to build on helps a lot, yeah.
I used to have a pretty static mod list too; just got careless along the way and will undoubtedly pay the price further along in my save.:)
Just so many goodies all around and ideas that pop up...

Kristahfer

@Artfactial , have you used Mod Manager. It is a fantastic tool that will allow you keep a running set of modification load sets. As you make changes it will assist you in saving the changes and then quickly write the changes to the game. It is a great time saver. Moving mods is painless and very fast.

Artfactial

Hey,
I had actually not yet switched but I probably should. Intended to in-between games.
It does sound very convenient and I don't know how I have managed to still keep using that mess of a vanilla system for so long...:P

CookieBarrel

Crystal Cliff adds barley and oats grain to the trading post for trading and to use with stable building. These grains do work.
Barley seeds from CC journey produces same barley grain.
The oats seed from CC journey produces a different oats grain and of course this grain doesn't work.

Quote from: brads3 on May 03, 2020, 07:41:35 AM
     with the stable mod above the Crystal Cliffs mod,game crashes when the barley starts to harvest. with the stable mod below but above RKEC, wild oats causes crash.apparently it only happens when you use the clear tools across it.bannies cleared somke to build and no crash happened.go figure.
@brads3
From the quote above you harvest barley. What mod does this barley seed come from?