News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Small Questions

Started by snapster, October 22, 2014, 08:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

salamander

The size of a pasture determines the max number of animals it can hold, although the number of chickens, sheep or cows in same sized pastures are different (chickens > sheep > cows).  Although you can assign more than one herder to a pasture, I generally only assign one -- you can still reach the max number of animals allowed, and I haven't seen a clear benefit to having more than one.

irrelevant

You need to make sure you make it big enough to hold at least ten animals, that is the smallest number that you can split into two herds/flocks/whatever.

One herder is fine. It's possible larger pastures may perform better with two.

Truly the only way to have any idea what size pasture to build is to use the size calculator: http://banishedinfo.com/t/Size_calculator/chickens

snapster

That's dubious if true. Can modders change how buildings function, how much they require?

Why am I unable to build a cemetery? I just had my first couple of deaths from old age.

irrelevant

In what way are you prevented from building a cemetery?

I do not understand your first statement, or your first question.

snapster

Can modders increase the usefulness of herdsmen in pastures, i.e. make a higher number worthwhile?

For some reason I didn't see that the cemetery was too small. There is a width minimum and my skinny thing was not good enough despite its length. Between the market and the hospital I chose the hospital as the first cemetery's neighbor.

irrelevant

Quote from: snapster on October 25, 2014, 07:51:20 PM
Can modders increase the usefulness of herdsmen in pastures, i.e. make a higher number worthwhile?

For some reason I didn't see that the cemetery was too small. There is a width minimum and my skinny thing was not good enough despite its length. Between the market and the hospital I chose the hospital as the first cemetery's neighbor.
Yes, modders can do that. @RedKetchup already has done so for cattle with his dairy mod.

Cemeteries are very strange things. You should consult the size calculator. Because of how the graves are spaced, orienting them so the long dimension runs east-west is far better than north south, and the north-south dimension should always be an odd number. I know you won't like that! ;D

snapster

I don't like it so much so that I'm going to ignore it.

Any point of having a physician when there is no disease? I do have the hospital.

irrelevant

snapster

I just got wheat. Why is it not allowing me to plant it on the crop field?

I am such a dumbass.

irrelevant

I guess you figured it out?

snapster

Yes. The seeds. I had seen them before. Not nice.

Can mods do something about this? The market is taking firewood, for instance, from barns that are positioned much closer to a number of houses. It would be nice if some barns could retain some of their stock. Stuff like this could make the game easier but perhaps the difficulty should come from elsewhere.

Why am I struggling for logs with three forester lodges? Building more is strange given how much space they affect and where they need to be built accordingly.

irrelevant

Barns don't store firewood, you need stockpiles for that. That's why the firewood's in your market. Fortunately stockpiles don't cost anything.

What are your foresters set on? How many foresters you assign to each is key.

snapster

I have the stockpiles as well.

Four out of four on each location. I don't disable planting or cutting.

Do gatherers work with foresters? If they do, I might have to start "cheating" this way. Doesn't seem like they should.

irrelevant

So, assuming the trees in the circle are mature (takes four years from planting to maturity), you'll get 200-300 logs annually from each of the foresters (if their circles are fully forest). Have you checked how much each is producing? Click the greyed-out "@" symbol next to the target symbol in the top row of the building's UI panel.

snapster

Yes, 200 sounds about right. Nonetheless I'm around 0 in logs.