News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Technical questions

Started by assobanana76, May 14, 2015, 04:01:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

assobanana76

Quote from: Paeng on August 13, 2015, 06:28:47 AM
Quote from: assobanana76 on August 13, 2015, 05:46:29 AMMy PC is 32bit...
That's fine, Banished comes with both x32 and x64 versions... the point is that its real name is "Application-x32.exe" (without the steam part).

QuoteHow can I launch the game without launching Steam?
Oh, I'm sorry - did you not buy it from Shining Rock, or GoG, or Humble Bundle?
No standalone, drm-free installer straight from the maker?  :'(

are you kidding me??  ;D ;D
I know that, deep down, even you love Steam!  ;D
there must be a way to start it WITHOUT Steam !!  :-\
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

A Nonny Moose

Just as a matter of information, I run Banished from a 32-bit wine prefix.  It seems happier that way than with the default 64-bit prefix.

I don't think the extra bandwidth of the 64-bit decor makes much difference.  Nothing discernible, anyway.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

assobanana76

Quote from: A Nonny Moose on August 13, 2015, 08:50:48 AM
Just as a matter of information, I run Banished from a 32-bit wine prefix.  It seems happier that way than with the default 64-bit prefix.

I don't think the extra bandwidth of the 64-bit decor makes much difference.  Nothing discernible, anyway.

:-\
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

assobanana76

and this???
WTF is this??
2nd mod in the list..

assobanana76

last night I did 300 tests ..
and as usual @RedKetchup , once again, you are a genius !!!  ;D

I do not know how it is possible with my GeForce 210 but in DirectX11 it works!
I was able to start a game with NMT, FM and DC together !!!
or better .. the game put us about 10 minutes to open .. but opened the game !! no crash !!

then I was so excited, and at the same time tired, I have not tried to build anything in this new game (so not sure if the first command of construction of some building of these mod, the game crashes) I threw on an old saved game with only CC and FM and my mega-market.

with DX11, the game is faster than when I used DX9!

tonight I might try adding NMT that saved game and see what happens! e.g. build a channel around the market ..

and there's another thing that I try to do and that I fear will crash the game .. activate the starting conditions of TOL and InvisibleAddCollision ..
I will make attempts ..

A Nonny Moose

Interesting.  I will add DX11 to my wine prefix and see if I can force the game to use it.

assobanana76

Quote from: A Nonny Moose on September 02, 2015, 08:33:02 AM
Interesting.  I will add DX11 to my wine prefix and see if I can force the game to use it.

and the game is even more fluid ..
at 1x I can see they move !!
at 1x with DX9 my citizens seemed stopped!
but perhaps the merit is that it was a new game with virtually nothing built ..

mysteries of video cards ..

A Nonny Moose

No luck with DX11.  My 64-bit prefix has it, but the game doesn't see it.

Gordon Dry

Quote from: assobanana76 on September 03, 2015, 12:17:42 AM
and the game is even more fluid ..
at 1x I can see they move !!
at 1x with DX9 my citizens seemed stopped!
but perhaps the merit is that it was a new game with virtually nothing built ..

mysteries of video cards ..

I also recognized that the game launch is very slow on DX9 but very fast on DX11.

I also tuned the NVIDIA Profile for Banished (I use NVIDIA Inspector, it does the same but the UI is better in my eyes).

Sorry for the pictures, but unfortunately this board has no features to create "spoilers" (hidden content to unfold) or to auto resize pictures to thumbnails with embedded link.

The main graphics settings are set inside Banished, the profile only gives some key features.

My exported settings file of NVIDIA Inspector is attached.

assobanana76

mmmmhhh......
considering my inexperience in video cards do not dare touch settings that may cause permanent damage !!  ;D

A Nonny Moose

Fear not.  Nothing you can do from the keyboard can cause permanent damage to a component.  Mind you, you can disable things, so be careful to understand what you are doing.

assobanana76

exactly .. my fear is not being able to go back!

Gordon Dry

In NVIDIA Inspector, only the bold black written entries are changed.
The grey entries are untouched.

And if you delete the profile for Banished, the game will start with default settings again.
But you can also set the the profile itself to default, or a single setting of it.

assobanana76

my problem is that I do not know what they mean none of the words in bold ..  ;D
antialiasing? triple buffering? anisotropic?  :o
my video settings "Banished" are random .. if I'm not mistaken bilinear, low shadow (or something) and the rest all average.
but if I can tonight I make screenshots of them.

assobanana76

technical question..

does anyone know if is possible appear / disappear the window with all professions with a shortcut of keyboard? set-up F...? or already exists?